Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 11/5/2001 8:48:46 PM EDT
i've never liked these until i saw one at my grandpa's funeral a couple months ago..anyway i would now like to get one and have a laminated stock put on it like the one i saw. what kind should i get and how much do they go for?..i've heard stuff about CMP, and bad stuff about century arms...i don't really care about a collector, i want something decent that i can fix up and make it look good but still be able to shoot safely. anyone?
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 9:04:02 PM EDT
CMP is a good way to go, you'll have to join a club though, even if you're a vet. The Centuries are something else. Pretty nasty but for the price? Have it checked out by a competent gunsmith first IMHO. Springfield has them out now, more expensive but awesome. You'll pay for anything other than a Century, upwards to a grand and over. Shotgun News has some around, different manufacturers. Maybe buy a receiver and a kit if your up for that kind of work. You won't be sorry...the Garands are to me, the Crown Jewel of Semi Auto MBR's.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 9:12:55 PM EDT
Century BAAAAAAAAD!!!!!! You no buy! Go to www.fulton-armory.com and look around (they did a technical inspection of a Century). Also go to www.gunandknife.com and go to their garand forum.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 9:30:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sparky315:
Century BAAAAAAAAD!!!!!! You no buy!

LMAO...no shit
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 9:46:12 PM EDT
yeah i saw they were ONLY (can't believe they charge that much for a pretty much non-functioning gun) $399 at dunhams sports. i figured something was up.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 12:13:45 AM EDT
Top Top