Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2001 7:59:52 AM EDT
im having an arguement with my buddy about whether glocks are single action (which is what i say) or double action only.

seems to me that since you have to rack the slide to get the trigger to fire it has to be single action

Link Posted: 11/4/2001 8:44:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Double and single action has to do with the trigger and hammer. If the hammer is cock every time the gun cycles it is a single action. With a double action only the trigger cocks the gun when it is pulled. There are guns like the Berreta tha the first round is double action(hammer down) then the following rounds are single. The Glock has no hammer it has a striker it is a sort of in the middle of a single action and doulble. 1911 style guns are single action.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 8:48:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Glocks are categorized as DAO. Every pull of the trigger fully cocks, then releases the striker.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 9:11:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Actually it fall somewhere in between the two choices. When the slide cycles on the Glock it half cocks the the firing pin. The action of the trigger continues the process till the pistol fires.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 9:13:21 AM EDT
[#4]
handguns.ar15.com/forums/index.html.You can also try here.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 1:39:41 PM EDT
[#5]
GLOCK calls it "Safe Action" because it is really not a DAO.  The striker is partially cocked when the trigger is forward.  It's kind of strange; not fully cocked, but not uncocked.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 2:33:46 PM EDT
[#6]
No matter what it is called, for importation purposes, they are categorized as DAO.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 5:53:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Since they do require some trigger action to be fully cocked they may be considered DAO.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 6:01:59 AM EDT
[#8]
It doesn't matter how they "categorize" it. Glocks are not SA or DA.

Any experienced Glock shooter here can tell you that it has a short trigger reset. Put simply for you non-Glock shooters, you do NOT have to let the trigger go fully forward to pull it again. A G17L with the 3.5 pound disconnector and a Chandler Arms Recoil master ultra, and a load of 5.5 grains of Viht N330 over a 124 fmj and a CCI SP mag primer will clear a pin table WAAAAY under 3 seconds......
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 6:43:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I use 5 gr of Superfield
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 3:30:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 3:38:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top