Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 10/31/2001 9:55:53 AM EDT
I have been in the market for a M1 Carbine in USGI Mint condition or other for quite awhile.

I notice that at one time (evidently) SA made receivers for the M1 Carbine (commercial), but it is Mil-Spec and remaining part of rifle is put together with WWII USGI parts. Not like the old "Universal", etc.

Anybody own one? I still see new SA receivers for sale in Shotgun News and elsewhere.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 5:31:49 PM EDT
I bought a NIB IAI M1 Carbine and it is veeeeery sweet.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 6:29:25 PM EDT
I built one and posted about it a month or two ago.
Here's the original post:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=42398

It has been to the range at least a dozen times and has fired/functioned perfectly.
I am very happy with it and will soon be building the second receiver I got at that time into a complete gun.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 8:46:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Princeton:
I built one and posted about it a month or two ago.
Here's the original post:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=42398

It has been to the range at least a dozen times and has fired/functioned perfectly.
I am very happy with it and will soon be building the second receiver I got at that time into a complete gun.

Age must be getting to me. I actually responded with a couple of posts yo your post. I see some advertisements for the receivers selling for only $65,00 each.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:47:34 AM EDT
I called on those $65.00 receivers in the Springfield Inc. ads. The ads are a teaser just to let people know that the receivers are available through distributors and not nearly at that price. Most are around $125.00 to $150.00.
Top Top