Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2001 12:54:14 PM EDT
I trying purchase a Massachusetts compliant Glock 19 or maybe 22/27. I've had a G-17 and a G-35. The catch is to find one built before 10/98 when our 'consumer protection' gun laws went into effect, otherwise I can't purchase one except through a Mass. private party...go figure. Can anyone tell me to to date a Glock using the serial number, or direct me to a web site. Does anyone know what date Glock went to the new style frame ?...Thanks,

Link Posted: 10/29/2001 12:58:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#2]
i don't pretend to be a glock expert, just a happy owner of many and i live in massachusetts...boston, actually.

i am delighted to know of these serial number checkers, but an easier way, as advised by my gun store of choice, four seasons, gave me an easier way...if the serial number begins with a "A", "B", "C" or "D" it is ok. i think on the ones beginning with "D" you need to check (as they may be close), but A, B, or C is fine.

as far as frame changes, i know they did two, first the finger grooves, and then they added the utility rail. in order to curb my glock buying i now only buy the ones i can find with both the rails and the finger grooves. it really narrows one's purchase options in this state with the silly laws. it is ridiculous that we can only purchase ones made prior to oct 21, 1998. i implore all glock owners to sell their pre owned glocks to us MA residents and buy a brand new one for themselves...but i digress.

hope that helps a bit.

...g.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 5:54:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I did a 'Top Glock' date check on my early G-35 .40 S&W, it came back with a build date of 9/98, just under the 10/98 wire # CWSXXXUS so  imagine a 'D' serial number would be October....Thanks for the feedback, and yes send yer pre-10/98 Glocks to the 'Glock challanged' residents of the 'Bay State' <g>
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 4:43:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Four Season's in Woburn consistently acquiers pre 10 '98 Glocks, they do sell at a premium however.  www.fsguns.com

It may be cheaper to find a dealer willing to do a transfer as long as you can verify the date (as you did) as being before the cutoff.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 10:01:53 AM EDT
[#5]
My G19 serial # begins with EK and was built 3/89.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 1:57:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Fortune favors the early bird. After months of searching this morning I found a mint G-19 HRXXXus in Mass. with 2 hi-caps, Galico hip holster, and triple K leather shoulder rig for short money. private deal....Trijicon night sights would be a would be a plus <G> I love this baby Glock already. Now to break the news to my lovely wife....lets see that's $2500 in firepower this month alone...could of been worse
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top