Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 10/28/2001 2:52:14 PM EST
Yeah, I just purchased a Ruger 10-22 rifle from Wally World. Price was 159.00
Now I have a good training rifle for my kids.

Also, Wal-Mart had a mini-14 in stock. Its been several months since I saw a mini for sale at Wal-Mart. Does anyone know if they were refusing to sell them? Also, the price was 499.00 dollars. Hell, the last time I seen them for sale at the store, they were only 349.00. Of course, this in in Kalifornia, but why such a huge jump in prices?
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 3:02:26 PM EST
Now go to OnTarget and spend about half of what you paid for the rifle and get a decent trigger.
It takes two men and a boy to pull the trigger on a new 10/22. Trust me, get yourself a Clark trigger and you wont regret it!
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 3:08:48 PM EST
To train the kids on, that is a good little rifle for them to learn on. In my opinion you don't need to go out and spend $60 on a Clark trigger for a gun you are going to use to teach your kids how to shoot. If anything the harder trigger pull is more of a safety feature for new shooters. Take care...

John
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 3:15:05 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/28/2001 3:09:28 PM EST by tc6969]
WELL WHO ASKED YOU ANYWAY!
No seriously the one I have came out of the box with a trigger that was so STIFF that a small child would have had a problem with it and would probably have become discouraged with learning to shoot. The clark trigger isnt super light its kind of what the 10/22 trigger should be.

BTW just kidding Beagles!
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 3:49:46 PM EST
The Clark and Volquartsen gadgets are overpriced doodads. Go here www.ct-precision.com and get the entire trigger group worked over, or better yet spring for the entire accurization package. Better return for your money than the add on junk.
Top Top