Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2001 6:46:20 AM EDT
I'm looking for a small handgun safe to put by my bedside for quick access.  I like the looks of the safe in Cabela's, with a light, key/button-combo/Aux Pwr jack.   Cabela's has theirs listed for @200.00.  I saw the same safe in another reloading supply mag for 172.00.  I've seen a no frills(did have button-combo/key access) safe in Sportsman's Guide for  100.00.  What are your suggestions?  I need something that is easy to access when woken from dead sleep.  Thanks for your ideas.
guns762
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 11:58:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the Gun Vault Mini-Vault GV1000 myself www.gunvault.com.  However, the spring loaded door is pretty noisy when it snaps open.  Brownells has it for $189.99 retail, $154.66 dealer discount.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 2:15:02 PM EDT
[#2]
For what its worth;I shot a stage at idpa winternationals where ya started with your pistol locked in a nice new fancy safe,whilst you were lying down on a mattress.The first guy put his gun in,and at the buzzer,the safe malfunctioned and NOBODY could get the safe open.He finished the match with another gun.Makes ya think,dont it?
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 6:49:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I recommend (and own) one of these:
  www.handgunsafe.com

Read the reviews at their site.  The key is the mechanical (non-electric/electronic) Simplex lock.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top