Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 10/26/2001 5:46:20 AM EST
I'm looking for a small handgun safe to put by my bedside for quick access. I like the looks of the safe in Cabela's, with a light, key/button-combo/Aux Pwr jack. Cabela's has theirs listed for @200.00. I saw the same safe in another reloading supply mag for 172.00. I've seen a no frills(did have button-combo/key access) safe in Sportsman's Guide for 100.00. What are your suggestions? I need something that is easy to access when woken from dead sleep. Thanks for your ideas.
guns762
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 10:58:01 AM EST
I like the Gun Vault Mini-Vault GV1000 myself www.gunvault.com. However, the spring loaded door is pretty noisy when it snaps open. Brownells has it for $189.99 retail, $154.66 dealer discount.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 1:15:02 PM EST
For what its worth;I shot a stage at idpa winternationals where ya started with your pistol locked in a nice new fancy safe,whilst you were lying down on a mattress.The first guy put his gun in,and at the buzzer,the safe malfunctioned and NOBODY could get the safe open.He finished the match with another gun.Makes ya think,dont it?
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 5:49:55 PM EST
I recommend (and own) one of these:
www.handgunsafe.com

Read the reviews at their site. The key is the mechanical (non-electric/electronic) Simplex lock.
Top Top