Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 5:53:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Sigma .380 - Complete and total POS
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 6:17:01 PM EDT
[#2]
"Kareen" Hi-Power.

Made in Israel. They tried their hands at copying the Browning original.  They failed miserably!
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 6:52:12 PM EDT
[#3]
S&W 422
Hi-Point Carbine[>Q]
Ruger Mini-14

There's a lot longer list of "wish I'd never sold it."

Link Posted: 9/29/2001 6:56:35 PM EDT
[#4]
remington game master 760
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 7:19:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Para-Ordnance,Les Bauer,and Wilson all work perfect out-the-box.

Savage .270 KATN..2

SKS,POS..pos...

mac-11..kool factor high...otherwise...pos.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 8:04:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I am with 007, My Para-Ordinance 1911 works great out of the box.

My SWD M11/9 semi auto hand gun however was a compete waste of money, it had a preesure point where the mag catch should be. What kinda moron builds a gun that won't hold a magazine in place. Boom, boom, Jam. boom, shove mag in place, Boom, Jam, Shove... ad naseum. Morons. Other than that, the sharp edges on it would  force you to file all the edges, or wear gloves while operating it. Utter piece of junk. It makes a better hammer, than a gun.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 9:19:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
1. Smith and Wesson Sigma
2. FEG Walther copy.

Dunno, maybe I just got lucky, but I owned a S&W Sigma .40 and it was accurate, reliable and felt great in my hand.  The only reason I sold it was so I could move up to a .45 (I like the big, happy bullets).

Have been using a H&K USP as my primary duty weapon and a USP Compact as my backup gun.  The only thing that I don't like about the combo is that the mags for the big gun don't fit in the little gun.   I've been thinking about moving to a Glock 21/30 combo.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 9:40:41 PM EDT
[#8]
My choices would have to be...
Ruger Mini 14.....can't get them to group
Any SKS model.....I have had bad luck with them
                 (slam fires)
Ruger No. 3 in 45-70.....it hurts to much to
                        shoot
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 9:44:19 PM EDT
[#9]
None so far.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 9:52:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Ruger revolver in 9mm that needed half moon clips to load. The clips held three rounds each. You needed to pre-load two half moons with 9mm rounds then put the two loaded clips into the cylinder. It was easy to lose the small clips in the field, which rendered the weapon useless.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 10:28:36 PM EDT
[#11]
A CAI Enfield in .308. The bolt broke before I ever got to fire it. Never again.

Kyle
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 10:35:05 PM EDT
[#12]
mini 14, but I keep saying that
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 10:43:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Shitty 14, err, mini 14. Complete Garbage.

Private_Joker
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 11:03:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
PS - don't want another 1911!  Don't want another one.... no matter WHO customizes that POS! You fossiles can keep that relic!

I shot the best of them at Uncle Sugar's expence. Got tired of them plenty quick when better European designs were brought out!

Quicker, as reliable, more accurate without extensive modifiction.... and even offered in hi-cap!  Imagine that!

DaMan

Let's see.. Quicker... that's debatable ...a 3 1/2 lb trigger is easier and quicker that any DA trigger.
More accurate... my Wilson is 100X more accurate that  my wife's Glock, and my SA and kimber were more accurate too...(without ANY mods to any of 'em)

Hi cap??? My wife's glock carries 10. I can get a 10 round mag for my 1911 (It would look funny though). But you NEED more rounds when you shoot  9mm.

As far as the topic goes... every gun that I've gotten rid of I'd buy again...except for the Hesse....

Link Posted: 9/30/2001 12:13:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Galasi .25 acp.  (I’m going back 30 years.)

I decided to checker the frontstrap (yeah – more time than brains!) - this exposed some voids in the frame.  I then decided to fill the voids with solder.  When I heated the frame with a propane torch, it started to melt!
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:07:47 AM EDT
[#16]
MINI-14 ranch ......

MIN1-14 is in second place. STOCK sucks, groups suck , there is alot of potential there but as is ...its a ammo tester..

ruger pc-9 ..fired three bullets and off it went

walther p-38 ...just dont like it

sako deluxe bolt action.

Link Posted: 9/30/2001 5:33:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Entreprise POS STG58C.  Two "NIB" would not run at all.  They looked good, but at least the Century L1A1 worked and was accurate.

Link Posted: 9/30/2001 6:23:05 AM EDT
[#18]
S&W Stigma
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 6:36:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Only a couple here....

Bersa .380  (needed to work out more to rack the damn slide).

Ruger P85MKII  (ok accuracy, but trigger seriously sucked and too damn bulky).

That's it for now, and I hope I don't ever have to add to the list....

WWoodworth
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 6:55:20 AM EDT
[#20]
1.  Navy Arms imported Norinco copy of the Tokagypt.  Worst POS I've ever owned.  Apparently managed to get out of the factory w/o any part receiving heat-treatment.

2.  A pair of Spanish-made copies of the Remington .44 cap and ball revolver.  They made ok wall-hangers after I determined that they were hopeless as guns.  Out of the box both were out of time, just for starters...

3.  A Traditions .50 cal flintlock.  It has broken two springs in its lock assembly so far, and even with new springs and a sharp new flint will spark only feebly.

4.  A Davis derringer in .22lr.  It would go off when you pulled the 672 lb. trigger...

5.  An H&R model 99.  I'd always wanted one because of the kewl 19th century way it broke open.  It was also miserably inaccurate, in part because the chambers were not all aligned along the same axis.  It had a Godzilla trigger pull in both SA and DA.  Oh yeah, and the rear sight blade would fall out every few rounds.  I gave it as a wedding gift to a friend who had always coveted it, despite knowing what a turd it was.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:07:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Well lets see...
Marlin Glenfield .22 semi-auto rifle-damned thing would fire bursts of about 3 shots, sent it back to Marlin and they said nothing was wrong with it.  

Walther PPK/S .380-this little brute was accurate and handy, but... it had a nasty habit of chewing the web of my right hand every time I fired it.  I still have scars!

S @ W 4006 .40cal auto.-Worst trigger of any semi-auto I have ever fired.  

Imbroglio-I agree with you about the 1911's.  They should be reliable from the factory.  I have a Wilson Combat Service Grade Classic that is awesome. 100% reliable with a 3 1/2 trigger.  I had a Springfield milspec 1911 that was aweful.  Lots of jams with anything other than hardball, and an 8lb trigger pull.  You get what you pay for with 1911's.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 7:11:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Browning Challenger III, it's just like a Harley, tighten everything before during and after every use. The front sight fell off after I put about 100 rnds through it (used gun, but that's all we can get in the People's Republik of Massholeia, 'cept for S&W and they can rot in hell with kennedy, shumer et al.) The one thing it does have going for it is that it is accurate.

Also I won't buy any after market mags, I haven't found any that don't s*ck butt.

edited for spelling
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 8:24:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Beretta 21 in .22lr

its basically a single shot, though stingers work well in it; of course, I bought it to shoot cheap .22, and stingers are not cheap
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 8:36:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Mini 14. They worked for me, I just like AR's more. Why have both?
Any S&W auto, don't like them, feel like 2X4's.
Left handed bolt guns. I have 2. That's enough as they are hard as hell to sell them when you want something else.
Any pump shotgun.
1911's. I have a couple. Love them but don't want another.
Some are kind of like kids; would'nt take a million for one but would'nt give a nickel for another.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 8:59:12 AM EDT
[#25]
AvtoMat, got to agree on the Beretta 21.  I had one and it was VERY particular about ammo I fed it!

It also had a nasty habit of the slide popping off and falling in the sand during firing!

It was also very FAT for an itsy bitsy pistol!

DaMan
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 11:21:32 AM EDT
[#26]
i don't own any that i wouldn't buy again but as an instructor for one of the largest sheriff's offices in the county i can say that i wouldn't ever waste my money on a ruger p series gun, i have a blackhawk and a 10-22 but have had nothing but bad experiences with the p series pistols.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 2:46:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Tec-9
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:05:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Cobray m11/9, total crap when I could get it to work.Browning Buckmark 22. I personally like my Ruger P95, but that is just me.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 4:24:51 PM EDT
[#29]
If I had to pistol-whup the beejeesus outa someone, I'd pick the Ruger P-Series!  That's what they're good for!

Just wish they offered a longer barreled model for more "reach"!

DaMan

PS- Sorry, edited 'cause I've gotta' disqualify myself here!  Never owned one of those Ruger P-Series POSs!
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 4:38:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Any Charle Daly guns....They should be called Charle "Jam" Daly guns.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 4:53:25 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I'm in agreement on:

1. any S & W Sigma
2. Universal M1 carbine

I pity da fool that bought them.

I always laugh my ass off when I hear how bad
the Sigma is - but then again - I guess I got
the only good one they made.  Wouldn't trade it
for anything.  I usually score in the top 3 or
4 in the the pistol portion of our 3 gun matches.  Beaten ALOT of 1911's, Glocks,
USP's etc.

S&W might have only made one good Sigma - all
I care about is I got it!!!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 4:56:02 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Dunno, maybe I just got lucky, but I owned a S&W Sigma .40 and it was accurate, reliable and felt great in my hand.  

I'll be damned.  They made 2 good Sigma's!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 5:17:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Any 9mm.

If it won't put an 85lb javelina down, how can I expect it to do the job on a man?
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:52:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Chinese 9mm Tokarov
What was I thinking? (I was young)
I sold it for what I paid for at a gunshow.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 8:51:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Calico 9mm
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:12:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Guns that I regret:

-Carbon 15
-My new Bushy if it doesn't shape up

Guns that make me smile:

-SAR-2
-HK USP Tac
-Sig 229 40 cal
-Ruger bolt action in 22-250 (1 MOA no problem and it sure does make soda cans explode at 150 yds with varmint rounds!)
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 10:52:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Looks like alotta people went through that Mini-14 phase.  I had mine for 2 months.  The only reason I had it that long was because I was still hoping I could find a load that would shoot under 8moa at 100yds.  Luckily I got my money back when I sold it.  

Funny, I haven't seen a Beretta 92F listed anywhere on this thread .  I love mine.  They're one of the best 9mm handguns in my opinion.  Glock is a close second.

Will never buy a Cobray M11.  Never had one but a friend had one full auto.  Ya know, full auto isn't much fun when the gun jams every third round.  I think he was able to completely empty a mag nonstop without jamming 2 times while he owned it.

The stock on an HK SL8 isn't very ergonomic in my opinion.  I won't buy one.  Not to mention, who would want one.  I'll take a 93 or 91 anyday.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 2:35:40 PM EDT
[#38]
NICE thread, should be kept PERMANENTLY at the TOP.  

the only guns I've problems w/are the:

1. Astra A90 9mm(safety selector is on the slide, and after 7-8 rounds fired, the selector moves into the SAFE position)

2. Remington 7400 30-06, rare but sometimes the brass did NOT extract after being fired (jams).  

biggest irony is that I now own a compact Astra A75-love it, they moved the selector to the main body.  and I own another remington 7400 in .243, never had an extraction failure either.  hmmmm...
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 2:54:44 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
If I had to pistol-whup the beejeesus outa someone, I'd pick the Ruger P-Series!  That's what they're good for!

Just wish they offered a longer barreled model for more "reach"!

DaMan

PS- Sorry, edited 'cause I've gotta' disqualify myself here!  Never owned one of those Ruger P-Series POSs!

That's real good.  Call something a POS that you've never owned.  How would you know that it is a POS?  Somebody tell you, and you just took their word for it?  Doesn't cost enough?  What???  Nothing but good experiences with the several P-series that I own.  They always go BOOM, no matter what.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 3:03:06 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
A CAI Enfield in .308. The bolt broke before I ever got to fire it. Never again.

How did you break the bolt? I've put about 500 rds of assorted crap through mine, not super accurate, but it always goes bang.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 3:06:05 PM EDT
[#41]
I have to agree with LarryG. Don't knock something you've never used.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Gotta give my P-95 credit.  The first reloads I ever made, I didn't get them sized all the way down, ran them through the P-95 no problem.  They even grouped pretty well.

The first one I put in my G26 jammed it up tighter than a drum.  I was lucky to have just enough play to be able to take it apart, and knock the round out of the barrel.

I shot the rest of that first batch.  about 350 round throught the P-95 without a hitch.

I really think the P series is a great gun for the money, but to each his own.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 3:16:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 3:20:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Raven .25.....dont really know why I bought the damned thing in the first place, guess the price was just right.  After I fired a round it would slide the safety back and I couldnt fire another, unless I kept my thumb on the safety to hold it.  All the rest I would buy again.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 3:38:18 PM EDT
[#45]
The only guns I'd never buy again are the ones that won't shoot to the point of aim. Specifically, that includes absolutely every non-full auto gun without adjustable sights.

Flatapple: If the 45-70 pains you, save some $, have some fun and try some light cast bullet handloads.  You can load that baby right down to 45ACP levels if you care to.

Whoever mentioned the Traditions flinter, make sure you're using real black powder.  Pyrodex won't ignite easily and will cause delays when firing.  Also be sure to use the irregularly shaped hand-knapped flints, not the sawn geometrically perfect ones.  Those two changes alone will make those guns shoot like junk incarnate or like a 95% reliable old flinter, depending which way you go.  If you've checked those already, and you've tried replacing the flint again, try replacing or hardening the frizzen.  You might also need to ease up on the two bolts on the left hand side that hold the lock in place- too much tension here can impede hammer fall.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 4:17:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Llama .45
Tec-9
M-11
They SUCK !!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 4:23:19 PM EDT
[#47]
In response to the earlier post, I have two Double Eagles, an officers and a full size, and they needed a chamber polish with polish and a dremel white swab.
Ifing you don't polish the top of the chamber, the round won't feed 100%, after polish, 100%.
Thank god for the UAW......
My Dad was lifetime UAW...but those bitches won't do shit to make a good product.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 4:28:03 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I had myself two nice 1911 once a Springfield and A Colt they where both new gun's got them out of the box one was a Colt XS series the other Springfield M1911-A1.

They would jam all the time on me and they just did not like JHP ammo I spent about $650 for both and put in about $400 worth of work in to both of the gun's and they still would jam all the time and would not take JHP ammo. Now I can't say anything about any of the other 1911 out there but I will never buy a 1911 ever.  

The Hi-point I just did not like the way it shoot and handled.

Sounds like you are probably a limp wrister.  I'm willing to bet it was you and not the guns.  But I could be wrong.

I always buy decent firearms, have never once had a lemon.  Every firearm I ever purchased has done exactly what I wanted it to do.  Now, some of them are pretty damned useless, but that's another thread.

"Do what you will,
just send all you unwanted guns to me."
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 4:36:06 PM EDT
[#49]
S&W N frame: To big for my hand.

Carbon 15: Do I realy need to explain this one.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 4:41:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Smith & Wesson SW40.  POS.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top