Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2017 12:32:52 PM EDT
Consumers are still waiting on standard rifle configurations I know, "any word on 300 Blkout, 6.8 etc."?

But do you think we will ever see a 9mm conversion like the Tavor features? Or a dedicated 9mm variant?

Will the ARX design even practically speaking, allow for conversion to .22LR and 9mm like the AR does?
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 2:27:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess anything is technically possible, but I can't see it ever happening.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 2:33:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 4:45:43 PM EDT
[#3]
They already make/made a 7.63x39 variant for the Kazakhstan army.  I am clueless as to why the company can't see fit to enable production of that bolt + barrel + lower (uses AK mags) conversion kit for the -100.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:31:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Dont think it will ever happen..

They already make the M12 and the CX4.. And a replacement for the M12 is on the way (already being delivered to some army units for T&E)

As for the 22.. With Umarex already making a 22 copy I dont think beretta is interested in this market segment.. They never Made BM59 nor AR70/90 conversion for the Army in the past so..
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 5:19:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I spoke with Beretta CS on the phone today in search of a 10" barrel to build an SBR. They said the barrels are on the "currently discontinued" items list while they make the move to Tennessee. He also said that they "might" resume production when they got things up and running there. I also asked about barrels for different calibers and he said those were on hold too.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 2:46:09 PM EDT
[#6]
As one who owns a CX4 9mm AND the ARX 160 rimfire, I doubt there's any real demand for ARX 100 conversions, and Beretta's not been too enthusiastic about any other conversions.

An ARX 100 in 7.62x39 was very tempting to me, but if a conversion kit was ever sold in the US I must have missed it, and so I passed on an ARX 100. Beretta makes great products but always seems to fall short on accessories & support.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As one who owns a CX4 9mm AND the ARX 160 rimfire, I doubt there's any real demand for ARX 100 conversions, and Beretta's not been too enthusiastic about any other conversions.

An ARX 100 in 7.62x39 was very tempting to me, but if a conversion kit was ever sold in the US I must have missed it, and so I passed on an ARX 100. Beretta makes great products but always seems to fall short on accessories & support.
View Quote
I'm still holding out hope that the ARX will be the exception to the rule because: a) Beretta has never put forth an effort to market a contemporary military grade rifle like this one, b) the company has a reputation for moving at a glacial pace, c) they are currently focusing on getting the TN plant up & running, & d) the box my 10" barrel came in had 5.56x45, .300 BO, & 7.62x39 listed in a checkbox menu on 1 side.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:24:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
So far, their customer support has been great when I needed them. When I bought my rifle from Botach it said on the website "two" magazines were included. When I got it, "one" was in the box. Even on the box it came in, it. Said "two mags". I contacted Botach CS. They said "if it came with one, you need to call the manufacturer".  

I called Beretta and told them about it. Their CS rep didn't sound surprised. He said no problem and sent me one free by UPS. He then gave me a website to get five more free cause I purchased the rifle last November during a promotion. About two weeks later five more were delivered by UPS.

I agree, that I'd like to have a 7.62x39 conversion. I have a Sig 556R and it's a great rifle.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 6:15:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I think the real problem is that the TN factory is just taking a lot longer to get up to speed. I gave up on getting an M9A3 for a decent price, if they can't even get that out in enough numbers, what're the odds they'll work on conversion kits any time soon?

They did spend a lot of money on a barrel machine, so I assume it'll stick around for a while though.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 10:40:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Hell I would be happy with the 300 BLK barrels, and upgraded sling points they promised!
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 4:37:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hell I would be happy with the 300 BLK barrels, and upgraded sling points they promised!
View Quote
If the Botach listing for the ARX-200 on its sight is a premature foreshadowing, then I'd rather the company focus on getting that to market.  I already scratched my 9mm itch with a SBR CZ Scorp.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 6:47:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I called Beretta yesterday and spoke with a CS rep about the barrels. I've been looking for the short barrel to make an SBR. He told me that the barrels are on hold till further notice. He also said that he expected them to be produced again when the Tennessee plant was up and running.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top