Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2017 10:05:39 AM EDT
So I finally picked up a Beretta ARX-100 for the girlfriend yesterday.  She's one of these right handed shooters but left eye dominant types so there is a very short list of semi-auto rifles that would work well for her.  A Kel-Tec RDB was also considered but I figured the Beretta has some limited combat history behind it and getting it for $1,000 NIB was a factor as well.  But the biggest factor in this decision was the completely ambidextrous ability of this rifle.  Controls are on both sides which is pretty common these days and the cocking handle that is reversible is becoming more common on more designs as well.  What isn't very common though is the selectable ejection of spent brass.  A push of the button to the left and now it's ejecting out the left side of the rifle. The only real complaint is the heavy trigger on this rifle.  Think of a trigger weight similar to an HK91 and that would be a good approximation.  All-in-all though, not a bad rifle and she loves it.  The sights still need to be swapped out for anything else (the plastic factory sights suck) and my old N-cell EO-tech optic will also be replaced in the future for something a little lower and with better battery life.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 11:46:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm off to shoot my new one soon, I got the HK style sights for it. They look nice, and sit lower. No cowitness with a red dot I had laying around, but since I was using that for a 9mm AR anyway, not a big deal.

My main suggestion for this gun is to take it apart and work the parts in a bit. The bottom mag release is a pain at first, but after working it over and over while watching TV, it's much better. The safety is also breaking in much better. My trigger isn't too bad, and I'm not that trigger sensitive, but it has improved with a bit of dry fire. The APX pistol was the same way, the trigger breaks in as does the disassembly latch with some working, no need for filing or stuff.

That and the bolt handle extension is the main thing.

I'm also bored and have extra kydex, so I'm going to cut out a cover for the offside ejection port, in case I use with a silencer it may reduce blowback and it's easy enough.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:30:30 AM EDT
[#2]
If the trigger becomes a problem, Art at Shootingsight makes a replacement that's awesome.

https://shootingsight.com/product-category/beretta/

AJ
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 7:24:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, just got one of the Shootstraight triggers in the other day and got it installed this morning.  Bit of a PITA putting in the hammer and trigger when compared to an M4, FAL, M-14, AK, etc. but I finally got it in.  I only test fired it for function but I think it's going to be one of the better improvements that can be made with that rifle.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 8:43:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I would love to get an ARX-100 and is on the list of guns I want. Good for you guys.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 10:38:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I really like my ARX. I put Troy micro sights on mine and they're excellent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top