Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2017 4:37:39 PM EDT
Looking at a new savage model 11.  From what I can gather online it should have the 4.4 inch bolt spacing and is the same action as a 10, 12, etc.  

Many stocks are listed as fitting only 10 or 10/12.  Why?  Will the basic new hs precision stocks that are listed for 10 or 10/12 also fit an 11?  If not what are the differences?  I can make the barrel channel fit if necessary, I'm just concerned about the actual fitting of the action into the stock.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 4:45:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe the difference would be in the barrel channels. 10/12 barrels are varmint/heavy contour and the 11's are sporter/pencil contour...so yeah, they will fit but you'll have some larger gaps in the barrel channel.

Only other thing I would pay attention too would be the bolt release type (not sure this is even an issue any more with the center feed stocks).
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 5:12:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought all savage were the right side top lever bolt release now?  

What about converting to a box magazine?  This rifle has no floor plate, can I get a box magazine bottom metal and its that easy?  

Sorry to sound dumb, but I've never owned a savage myself so I'm not smart on them.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 6:09:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought all savage were the right side top lever bolt release now?  

What about converting to a box magazine?  This rifle has no floor plate, can I get a box magazine bottom metal and its that easy?  

Sorry to sound dumb, but I've never owned a savage myself so I'm not smart on them.
View Quote
I said what I said about the bolt release because you may want to pay attention to what you get...i'm sure stock makers are still making them both ways.

As for converting mag types...I made the switch with my .223 12FV and the only change I had to make was to the bolt head BUT I think that was due to the chassis system I used.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 6:15:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you called Savage?

I bought a rifle last year and it has the bottom bolt release
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 10:35:20 AM EDT
[#5]
The model 11 vs the 10 difference is the finish of the receiver/barrel.  The 4.4" screw spacing are for the newer rifles.  The older rifles had a 4.27" screw spacing.  OP referring to it as the "bolt spacing' threw me off.

Savages latest rifles have the bolt release on the bottom.  I like how Savages shoot and the DIY nature of the rifles, but I cannot stand Savage because every few years they keep on changing shit on the rifles.  This is one reason why there isn't a huge after market support because they keep on changing specs. Savage warranty sucks at only one year from date of purchase.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top