Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2017 7:05:34 AM EDT
Looking for something that looks like it belongs on the rifle, and sits properly for a cheek weld.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 7:30:07 AM EDT
[#1]
MRO or T series Aimpoint
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 10:40:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 11:44:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Beretta ARX 100 home page has some images with various sights.

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/arx-100/

Google

Can't quite make out what scope / red dot... older Leupold Mark 4 1-3x14mm Close Quarter/Tactical Riflescope.  ?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SKhX0z4fiSo/VF6ry7KlP7I/AAAAAAAALrQ/Ugn5A0sqWZ8/s1600/ARX-100%2Bwith%2Bgrenade%2Blauncher.jpg
View Quote
Wow that is not the CQ/T.  That is a NCStar rip off of it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 1:45:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I use a Sig Romeo 4B with its included low mount.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 3:25:45 PM EDT
[#5]
What is the going price for an ARX-100 these days?
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 5:12:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
I just put one on layaway for $1,000.  They had it listed at $1,700 or so and it sat around for so long they cut the price way down on it.  But then when you look at what they're going for on Gunbroker, I'd say that they were disappointed that Trump won and their speculation prices just didn't pan out. LOL
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 10:32:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Aimpoint regular or Micro in a low mount works very nicely. Pair it with Troy HK height BUIS if you swing that way.

I don't understand people putting 3" high optics mounts on rifles that work perfectly good with low mounts. Why increase sight offset any more than absolutely necessary.

AJ
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 11:25:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Lots of rifles other than ARs work best with low mounts. The ARX is one of them.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 6:22:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I just put one on layaway for $1,000.  They had it listed at $1,700 or so and it sat around for so long they cut the price way down on it.  But then when you look at what they're going for on Gunbroker, I'd say that they were disappointed that Trump won and their speculation prices just didn't pan out. LOL
View Quote
Botach has the SBR (10") for $900.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 6:33:01 PM EDT
[#10]
They had the normal size for the same price.

Notice a couple on the EE.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I decided to stick within the Beretta Defense family and give the Steiner MRS a try with my ARX, and I actually really really like it. RMR-sized and -weight holographic, sits perfectly on the top rail for a good cheekweld. Good sight picture. Differences from the RMR are it's enclosed so it doesn't get dust on the emitter, and there is significantly less tint and distortion than on my RMR. Being holographic instead of red dot, it plays nice with the slight astigmatism I've got in my right eye as well.

I offered Optics Planet a price much lower than list and they readily accepted, FWIW.

Attachment Attached File

EDIT: Another nice feature over my dual-illuminated RMR is it's got real auto-adjustment for brightness. It senses light forward of the optic and adjusts based on that, rather than my RMR's just being brighter if ambient light is hitting the fiber-optics on the top and sides. As an example, I aim my RM06-G on my M4 Super90 out a bright window from a dark room, my reticle is almost totally washed out. I aim the MRS out the same window and it'll boost from minimum brightness to maximum in about a half second. Very nice. It's got 5 settings: Auto, High, Medium, Low, Off. Auto works well enough I haven't had a need to use another mode thus far.

Only downside is it IS a holosight like an EOTech, not RDS, so a laser eats a lot more power than an LED. So you can't just leave it on for years (it has an 8-hour auto shutoff). But, you also don't need to unmount it to change the battery like you do the battery-operated RMRs. The battery compartment unscrews from the side using two fingers and no tools.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 12:54:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Whatd you offer optics planet?
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 4:29:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Whatd you offer optics planet?
View Quote
A decent bit below $400. They even sent it to me from their Fulfilled by Amazon account (they didn't have any left at the warehouse at the time), so I got it in 2 days as an Amazon Prime member.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:42:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't know how it's going to work out yet, but I put a set of Magpul buis on mine with a Trijicon SRS.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:04:21 AM EDT
[#15]
I've been recommended the MRO or Aimpoint T2 with the lower mount, but that may be too low.
For reference, if I shoulder the ARX with the stock sights in the up position, the most comfortable and natural cheek weld has me look right at the number 1 on the rear sight.
Maybe the Aimpoint PRO with the spacer removed would work best for me???
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 2:53:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I use a Trijicon MRO in the true co-witness mount. It is very much like having a lower 1/3 co-witness with Magpul MBUS Pro sights. I have this same setup on two ARX's and I love it. Out of everything else I tried, this is the best solution for me. Everything else was either too high or too low and prism optics didn't seem to be a good choice because of possible parallax/co-witness issues.

You could always try something like a Holosun MRDS that will come with low, true and lower 1/3 mounts. That would let you try a few different setups without spending a ton of money and net you a pretty nice sight to boot.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 11:05:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Looks like Botach has dropped its prices. I bought mine last November for $1025.00 out the door. Less than that now. SBR version is the same price.

https://www.botach.com/beretta-arx100-completely-ambidextrous-5-56mm-carbine/
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 6:30:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Black $899

Fde $1299

Botach. Usually out of stock so need to wait less than a month.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:13:20 PM EDT
[#19]
I finally got out to the range. Had to shoot at the short range. (25 yards) Long range was full.

Anywho.....after a few rounds to get the Trijicon dialed in I ran 100 rounds through it. It made a group about the size of a quarter. Zero malfunctions using my reloads. Hopefully things will slow down a bit and I can get access to the 200 yard range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top