Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2017 9:49:27 AM EDT
Back last fall, I picked up a decent amount of .243 on clearance in Wallyworld. I originally intended to use it as trade fodder for a caliber I actually have rifles for, but after reading some on the .243, I figured I'd keep an eye out for an inexpensive rifle and try it out.

Well, yesterday, my buddy wanted to go to Cabela's, to grab some .223 they had on sale and I wandered over to check out the used rack. I found a Ruger American 6904 with a Cabela's branded caliber specific .243 scope mounted on it. I think I walked out the door with it for ~$232 or so. Kinda seemed like a no-brainer, with the scope included. Hell, the scope alone is $150 and the rifle itself looks to trend toward ~$450.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 10:10:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I really don't know anything about the Cabela's branded scopes but I'd say you did darned good.  .243 is a jim dandy deer and coyote gun.  And not at all a bad caliber for new shooters, kids or women.  But a guy isn't anyless manly if that's what he uses.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 10:29:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Ruger Americans are excellent rifles for the price.  Once the Magpul stocks come out in the Fall for them I have a feeling they'll be even more popular than they are now
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 10:45:20 AM EDT
[#3]
They do get some reports of the stocks being cheap, but this a seems fine, to me. It feels nice and solid.

I purposely did not look to see if they had an Ruger American Predator 6.5CM, because I didn't want to spend all that much yesterday, but it does seem they have them. $449-10% and ~$80 in points  would have been a hell of a deal for that. The reviews I've read on that rifle make me want to check one out pretty badly, especially with the Mag-Pul  stock coming out,
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 10:49:17 AM EDT
[#4]
The reviews of the scopes are positive and it has aim points out to 700. It seems pretty good,for its price range,  nothing really special, but solid,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top