Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2017 1:10:14 PM EDT
I am considering a new build. I want to do an AR platform 6.5 creedmore. Having never done an ar 10 base I have heard a lot about how some brands of components don't work well with other brands. Can anyone give any real world insight on what will or won't work together, or problems they have encountered?
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Anybody?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 11:17:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anybody?
View Quote
Usually best to stick with one company for the action of the gun. You can play with furniture, triggers, etc....

aero precision has everything as does JP.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 11:47:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Try posting your question in the correct forum, OP.  And read the stickies before you post.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 4:18:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not an expert but here's the short version:

The build it yourself market is dominated by DPMS pattern components. These will be labeled as LR-308, AR-308, or DPMS pattern. The DPMS pattern accepts Magpul PMAGs. Aero Precision components are DPMS pattern.

The AR-10 pattern is different than DPMS and not typically built by sourcing components. The AR-10 does not accept PMAGs.

The uppers and lowers are not interchangeable between DPMS and AR-10.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 4:27:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  I'm not an expert but here's the short version:

The build it yourself market is dominated by DPMS pattern components. These will be labeled as LR-308, AR-308, or DPMS pattern. The DPMS pattern accepts Magpul PMAGs. Aero Precision components are DPMS pattern.

The AR-10 pattern is different than DPMS and not typically built by sourcing components. The AR-10 does not accept PMAGs.

The uppers and lowers are not interchangeable between DPMS and AR-10.
View Quote
And this is where things start to run off the rails.  AR-10As take PMAGS; AR-10Bs do not.  By modifying an AR-10B upper, someone apparently got one to work on a DPMS lower - that is, a Gen 1 DMPS lower.  DPMS Gen 2 is an intermediate length.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top