Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2017 4:50:49 PM EDT
Went to the indoor range today.  Less than 10 rounds into a box of madtech ammo I get a little pop, no recoil, and the slide didn't cycle.  At first I thought I just had a bad round, but when I cycled the slide, an empty case came out.  Checked the bore, and sure enough I had a bullet lodged in there.

Should I contact them?
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 4:55:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Should I contact them?
View Quote
Absolutely. Probably at least get a free replacement box for it, if not more; or alternatively a refund. Might help with your smith costs, if any, to remove the squib from your bore, too.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:33:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 8:51:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would.

You might save someone from kabooming their firearm.
View Quote
As long as people keep buying Magtech the risk is high.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 8:55:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ironically, the majority of store-bought pistol fodder I've shot was pretty evenly split between Magtech and Prvi. Never a problem with either. Winchester, Remington, S&B, Blazer brass cased- all gave me one squib apiece.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:27:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 11:51:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I contacted them about a squib years ago, still waiting on the reply...
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 12:50:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, OP contact them. They owe you a couple replacement boxes of ammo for the trouble. If you wouldn't mind OP... Could you post the lot number on that box for us please??? I have a considerable amount of it, same caliber... Half of my pistol training/shooting consists of me drawing from my holster, getting the front sight on a torso, and rocking it until slide lock, fast mag change, hit the slide release and go to slide lock again. It would be rather easy for me to have a KB in a situation like that. Thankfully that wasn't your case!
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 5:03:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would.

You might save someone from kabooming their firearm.
I used to think that when I first saw Magtech in it's less than "Premium" and very Generic packaging. But everything I've tried in 9, .40, and .45acp has been on spec velocity, and accuracy wise. And the brass is way better than the average for reloading. I've since shot thousands of rounds of the stuff over the last 10 years since I first gave it a chance. It's great SHTF and range ammo for sure.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 5:23:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ironically, the majority of store-bought pistol fodder I've shot was pretty evenly split between Magtech and Prvi. Never a problem with either. Winchester, Remington, S&B, Blazer brass cased- all gave me one squib apiece.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remington "Green Label" and UMC is the only ammo I've ever literally threw in the fucking trash compacter in my almost 30 years of shooting. Their 12 gauge shells flake off some shitty kind of sealant into fine granules that became a show stopper on the most reliable shotgun I've ever owned and shot. I had to take the magazine tube out of the receiver and flush all that shit out "douchebag style" before the follower and spring would stop binding. Shotgun's never failed since or before! Another range day was ruined when all my club had for range fodder was Remmington Green Box during Sandy Hook. I had random .40 caliber case length's that were 22 plus milimeters in length instead of being standard spec 21.6mm; Total shit ammo that I would only give to my enemies! That said, I love Remmy's Golden Sabre line of ammo... night and day between the Sabres compared to Green Label and UMC trash!
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 6:49:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
waht he said
famous for bad ammo. never let a friend buy mag tec

NOT A JOKE know of 3 kabooms in p.d. guns cause chief was a cheap s.o.b.
troopers almost paid for it.

1texan
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 7:14:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I've tried contacting them several times over the years, email and phone.  Got through on the phone once.  Think it was this spring.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 9:01:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like my experience.  I bought ammo from an online company once, got the ammo for a shooting party.  5 of the 6 9mm pistols ended up with squib loads.  When i finially got in contact with the manufacturer, they told me tough luck.  I'll post the manufacturer name later, i don't recall it right now.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Wow, I've shoot a lot of magtech it's dirty never had an issue. Thanks for posting I'll look elsewhere from now on. 9mm wolf is so cheap now I'm not worried.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 7:42:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

waht he said
famous for bad ammo. never let a friend buy mag tec

NOT A JOKE know of 3 kabooms in p.d. guns cause chief was a cheap s.o.b.
troopers almost paid for it.

1texan
View Quote
My only squib in 25 years of shooting occurred when an acquaintance asked me to take him and his sons shooting.  I brought the guns and he brought ammo - he bought MagTech.  His son was shooting my P220 when it failed to go into battery.  There was a bullet lodged in the barrel right by the chamber mouth so the next round wouldn't seat - a lot like the OP's pic I guess.  Thank  God it was right there instead of a few milimeters farther down the barrel and the kid didn't get hurt.

ETA: I made a thread about it at the time.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 11:07:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Or you could just buy factory ammo instead of glorified commercial reloads.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:31:57 PM EDT
[#16]
#2  on that

would never use magtech for  anything

1texan
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 9:11:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

My only squib in 25 years of shooting occurred when an acquaintance asked me to take him and his sons shooting.  I brought the guns and he brought ammo - he bought MagTech.  His son was shooting my P220 when it failed to go into battery.  There was a bullet lodged in the barrel right by the chamber mouth so the next round wouldn't seat - a lot like the OP's pic I guess.  Thank  God it was right there instead of a few milimeters farther down the barrel and the kid didn't get hurt.

ETA: I made a thread about it at the time.
View Quote
Same thing happened to me and my nephew. Though it was a 1911 and wolf .45acp. Thankfully the squib was right next to the chamber. It would've been a bad time explaining to my sister why her son was missing fingers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top