Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2017 11:29:46 PM EDT
Just ordered a Tikka t3x CTR 24" barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor. I am new to longer range shooting.
I'd like something I can use in the woods, yet reach out....say at least 18 mag or so. What optic, rings do you advise?
Vortex? Leupold  mark series? Any to avoid?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 8:26:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 8:55:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Just picked up the Athlon Cronus BRT 4.5-29x56 FFP and was very pleased.

Link Posted: 5/5/2017 3:45:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Price not really an issue....would like to keep under $3k
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 3:46:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just picked up the Athlon Cronus BRT 4.5-29x56 FFP and was very pleased.

http://i65.tinypic.com/69mdya.jpg
View Quote
Haven't heard of Athlon. Interesting. Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 9:14:27 PM EDT
[#5]
The Burris XTR II with the Horus reticle is pretty sweet. I've looked at that, the Razor Gen I and the Super Sniper for that price range. If you have $3k to blow, then you should look at the entire next tier of scopes, like Kahles, S&B and Razor Gen II.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 9:59:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Vortex 4.5-27 Mil/Mil with EBR-2C reticle in Vortex/Seekins rings.

No problem staying under $3K and IMO its the best thing going right now for general range / PRS type competition stuff.

Lots of good options out there in various price ranges though. If you have a PRS style match near you just go out to one and ask to look through guys optics and their opinion. Guys are always willing to help out.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 2:19:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Picked up a Vortex Razor 5-20 x50 in the Cabelas bargain cave. Came with a level and sunshade. 20% off "employee pricing" they were offering today as well. Paid $1120 for it so I was happy! Now I need rings and ammo....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top