Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2017 8:44:46 PM EDT
Thinking about picking one of these up. I know the 806 is coming soon which discourages me a bit, but I have seen a few 805's in the pistol version priced very reasonably recently.

My main question is, if I buy the pistol, how hard is it to find a 16" barrel for one of these to convert it to a carbine?

Will 806 parts work on the 805?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:00:15 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want a Carbine, why not buy a Carbine?  It's going to be more expensive to buy a pistol and 16' barrel, plus the pistols are not 922r compliant, so you would need to spend extra to get the 922r conversion for the pistol.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:09:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you want a Carbine, why not buy a Carbine?  It's going to be more expensive to buy a pistol and 16' barrel, plus the pistols are not 922r compliant, so you would need to spend extra to get the 922r conversion for the pistol.
View Quote
I've seen the pistols for like $400 less than the rifles. So with the extra I could get a stock kit and a long barrel or maybe make it an sbr.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:54:08 PM EDT
[#3]
CZ USA has 11" and 14" barrels with piston parts for $450, no 16" yet but I bet they will be the same price.  plus add in stock and other small parts prices be better to buy the carbine and have the barrel cut down and SBR or just run it that way.  BUT the pistols are fun

Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:08:08 AM EDT
[#4]
The pistol with that brake is a little rough, but they are both fun. Most of the really good deals on the pistols are the older ones with 14mm threading like an AK. You'll be happy with whatever you pick.

The Bren 2's are gonna be awhile. Around SHOT 2019 would be my guess. Right before MDR's ship...
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:07:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a gen 1 pistol that I SBR'd and LOVE the gun. I paid 1200 NIB from a guy that needed the cash.

Added an ACR stock with the Mississippi auto arms adapter (disclaimer - their anodizer SUCKS) and a Steiner P4xi. I do want some troy backups for it.

The trigger is NICE, especially when you stone it a bit. Swap the brake for a griffin to mount my Recce5. Its smoother and more fun than my ARs. 1 MOA gun easy. Accurate and fun. I may get an 806 when it comes, but I love my 805 and wouldnt trade it for anything. Its funny to watch people falling all over paying 2600 bucks for a scar16, when the 805 is just as ncie with a better trigger for half the price. And the ACR stock makes it just nasty.

Ive been thinking of getting a 14.5 barrel for mine too.

ETA - get the extended, angled and oversized CH from KNS. Best mod you will do other than the ACR stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top