Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2017 4:41:06 PM EDT
At least at indoor ranges. I'm usually against most bans, but there are too many uncultured and inconsiderate pigs.

And suppressors should be legal and their use enforced at indoor ranges at least.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#1]
title says they should be illegal in the US , but you really mean indoor gun range.. doesn't your crappy State have enough gun laws? Try putting hearing protection on, and if you don't like that try put foam in your ears underneath of your head set. If all else fails find your safe space
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:34:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
At least at indoor ranges. I'm usually against most bans, but there are too many uncultured and inconsiderate pigs.

And suppressors should be legal and their use enforced at indoor ranges at least.
View Quote

So that means Sig's muzzle break is good to go then, eh?  I mean the ATF *did* classify it as a suppressor...

Quoted:
title says they should be illegal in the US , but you really mean indoor gun range.. doesn't your crappy State have enough gun laws? try putting hearing protection on, and if you don't like that try putting foam in your ears underneath of your head set. If all else fails find your safe space
View Quote
Good point.  I always double up on ear-pro (foamies and headset) in indoor ranges.  (Actually I do that outside too...)
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:34:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Not necessarily for a ban () but i think people should at least be able to slap the fuck out of anyone using a brake at an indoor range.  If you use a brake have some decency and invest in a can.  I promise if I shoot my draco in the indoor range next to you, you will want to run me down in the parking lot afterwards.  The brake does make the underfolder comfortable to shoot, but I am using plugs and muffs even when shooting it outdoors.  It is a "just for fun" rifle and I will choose to shoot something else when others are "in range" of that monster.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:39:30 PM EDT
[#4]
The DU is that way
<---------------------
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:44:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Lol, guns are loud and scary, they should just be banned altogether.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
You're missing the point. Ban the pigs. Idiots using brakes at indoor ranges should be banned for life. Period.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:53:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Did you write an article about shooting an AR in the New York Post a while back?
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#8]
So basically your views are that things that annoy you and that you find inconsiderate or dumb should be made illegal.  Post like this make me fear for the future rights of mankind.

Can we ban people who post non technical things in the tech thread while we're at it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:56:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You're missing the point. Ban the pigs. Idiots using brakes at indoor ranges should be banned for life. Period.
View Quote
I don't have brakes on my guns, but I'm not a little crybaby either...
Double up on ear pro, find a different place to shoot, etc.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:58:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Asking the range owner to ban them is kosher.

Asking for a national ban is not.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:59:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't like brakes either but I don't think they should be banned. I do think people should use a blast shield when shooting at an indoor range.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 5:17:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Or, you could pull up your panties and deal with it, or just stop going to the range.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 5:23:18 PM EDT
[#13]
OP is one of these guys, I can't tell which:

Link Posted: 4/3/2017 5:24:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Uh no.  Cry babies should be banned. You're at a place where loud things go bang. Get over it.

If you have decent ear protection it shouldn't be that much louder.

I could write more but it would be bad and I'd get in trouble.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 5:26:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Lmao I am not shocked you are from the People's Republic of Illinois. You belong there.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 5:27:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So basically your views are that things that annoy you and that you find inconsiderate or dumb should be made illegal.  Post like this make me fear for the future rights of mankind.

Can we ban people who post non technical things in the tech thread while we're at it.
View Quote
And to add irony he has the nerve to question the consideration of other people.

You can't use a completely legitimate and ubiquitous part because it's a little louder than normal!!!  

Wow.  . I'd love to know OP's age. I can probably guess.

Nott going how you thought it would, huh OP?
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 5:28:46 PM EDT
[#17]
and there's still a bunch of anti-Trump Nazi states that prohibit suppressors, in addition to hi-cap mags, assault pistols, assault rifles, etc, who would be more than happy to listen to OP to think of more gun-stuff to ban.  by the time the anti-gun folks are finished chewing on this, it'll come down to threaded barrel ban, because they can't understand the difference between a flash hider vs muzzle brake vs muzzle break.  but they all sound evil, so "ban 'em all".
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 5:30:51 PM EDT
[#18]
lol, indoor ranges.

Pound sand OP.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 5:33:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
You should be banned from reproducing.
Some of my AR's have brakes, if you don't like it you can go cry in your safe space.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 5:40:16 PM EDT
[#20]
If you ever get in a gunfight, there will be loud noises and stress.

Consider it a favor.  The guy with the brake is enhancing your training.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 5:43:27 PM EDT
[#21]
It is a muzzle BRAKE. Not a break.

And OP can not go to the range if he doesn't like other peoples guns.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#22]
First they came for my muzzle brake and I said nothing............
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#23]
My SBR doesn't even have a brake and I bet the OP would still need his mommy if he was next to it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Fucking hilarious.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 6:10:47 PM EDT
[#25]
How does this concept line up with Liberty in any way?  Did you seriously suggest that we should take yet another personal decision away from our citizens?
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 6:27:37 PM EDT
[#26]

In OPs world, I'll Choose to be a criminal...
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#27]
I could see the case for range owners prohibiting them at indoor ranges, but government action? Hells to the no. Regulation is rarely if not never the solution.

I dislike brakes and 5.56 SBRs because of their noise/concussion factor, but I strongly support your right to own and use them. I'd just prefer that you aren't next to me when shooting the damn thing
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 6:52:32 PM EDT
[#28]
In this thread fudds bitch and moan about loud guns.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 7:21:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Feel free to buy CRDs or blast shields for all those "inconsiderate" shooters with muzzle brakes. It will be cheaper than buying them all suppressors.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
edited
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 7:34:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
op should be banned. If I ever shoot next to you at an indoor range I will make sure to pull out my AR pistol with a big break to give you a nice fire show to watch and hear.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 7:50:34 PM EDT
[#33]
IL, USA

Not surprised.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 7:54:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Sounds like a democrat bitching just like when the dems lost the elections. Bitch, cry and pout because they don't get it there way!
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 8:04:11 PM EDT
[#35]
LOL. OP uses liberal logic and gets cock slapped across the face by ARFCOM in a tech forum. 

IBTL or IBTMTGD 
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 8:12:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Name calling and general nonsense.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top