Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2017 1:55:52 PM EDT
Update the forum rules because it states the following:

What is allowed:

––Discussion of anything Silencer-related. If you're thinking of buying it, we'll try to help you see the pros and cons. If you already own it, we'll help you keep it running, or make it run better.

––Posting pictures of anything Silencer and info on Silencer shooting events. Please use the tacked threads to show off your Silencers.

This is also mentioned in the rules: "<Update removed, as ownership of AAC has changed and they are no longer prohibited here. ––tbk1>" Telling isn't it?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:03:07 PM EDT
[#1]
SPECIFIC TO THE TECH FORUMS

The tech forums (Ar15,AK47,Handgun,Armory,Training,Outdoors) are more "formal" and actions permitted in the GD forum aren't permitted there. These forums are there to share information and as a result, trolling, heated arguments,insulting others,etc won't be ignored.

Addendum Link

Situations which have not been covered in this code of conduct may arise and will be handled by moderators and staff who have been carefully chosen to treat such issues with fairness. The frequency of such situations will guide the staff to make changes to this code of conduct as necessary.

while I see you point.  wouldn't CofC superseed the silencer forum rules?   Wouldn't the moderators decision be based upon it being a tech forum and when a thread has served it's purpose and discussions become heated, it's considered for locking.  

also, a moderator made the decision to lock it.   What purpose does it serve to open up another thread?  Just sayin.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:03:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I like aac... luckily I've never delt with their customer service.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:09:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
SPECIFIC TO THE TECH FORUMS

The tech forums (Ar15,AK47,Handgun,Armory,Training,Outdoors) are more "formal" and actions permitted in the GD forum aren't permitted there. These forums are there to share information and as a result, trolling, heated arguments,insulting others,etc won't be ignored.

Addendum Link

Situations which have not been covered in this code of conduct may arise and will be handled by moderators and staff who have been carefully chosen to treat such issues with fairness. The frequency of such situations will guide the staff to make changes to this code of conduct as necessary.

while I see you point.  wouldn't CofC superseed the silencer forum rules?   Wouldn't the moderators decision be based upon it being a tech forum and when a thread has served it's purpose and discussions become heated, it's considered for locking.  

also, a moderator made the decision to lock it.   What purpose does it serve to open up another thread?  Just sayin.
View Quote
The OP should be able to finish what he started and AAC should be able to chime in if they feel the need.

Seems like a site sponsor strong arm. If it wasn't suppressor related and it didn't make an impact on people trying to gather suppressor company reviews then yes - lock it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:16:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The OP should be able to finish what he started and AAC should be able to chime in if they feel the need.

Seems like a site sponsor strong arm. If it wasn't suppressor related and it didn't make an impact on people trying to gather suppressor company reviews then yes - lock it.
View Quote
I see your point, I do.  But after reading his complaint and AACs response.   I don't have enough information to gather that would make an impact on my decision.  Op doesn't want to post the phone conversation, Ok.  Doesn't help his case.  It probably hurts it.

What needed to be done is a third party to come along and evaluate the suppressor to make sure it's concentric and then have the parties come to a solution based upon that.   Whatever the case, without the full information, it's an open case that won't be resolved, so I can't conceed either party is particularly at fault or both are at fault.  There's just information not provided as to the conversation.  So the thead goes nowhere and the people just keep giving their opinions.  None of which does the OP care about.  He said he doesn't want people opinions, or doesn't care, just wants to vent.   So he vented.   There's nothing left other than the phone call or a third party investigation into the silencer.  So, It hasn't convinced me either way, which was the intent of the original post.  To convince me not to buy AAC

Op doesn't want to finish what he started.  He won't post the phone call.  Additionally,  other than needing more information, why does this concern you as far as making a new post? Need more information, then discuss it with the people involved privately if it affects your silencer purchase.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:20:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:22:06 PM EDT
[#6]
The phone call, if there actually is a recording, would be nice.
I'd so like another guy local to that OP to be able to try the can on.  I could put a can on a lathe and sand /trim it flat, so I don't see why AAC didn't.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:28:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:21:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I locked the other thread based upon what YOU stated as your intent for the thread, and explained such explicitly.  It had nothing to do with any "strong arming."

I also instructed you that the thread would be better suited to a non-technical subforum, told to post any follow up accordingly, and you ignored this.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_20/476336_My-4-year-battle-with-AAC-to-fix-a-defective-suppressor---.html&page=4&anc=bottom#i4764402

I have now moved this thread to GFD.  ARMORY is among my personal Staff duties, but if you do not agree with my actions please take it up with Senior Staff.  Do NOT revisit this subject in the Silencer subforums unless Senior Staff countermands my actions.  (Which they might do, I am certainly not perfect in my decisions or actions.  I welcome their input here.)

Thank you.
View Quote
It's not even the original OP, it's a third party guy who wanted it to continue...
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:43:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 3:59:48 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm not surprised if that is how AAC's customer service works now, but 4 years? Come on. Right, wrong, or OBVIOUSLY indifferent. Any legit company would have simply made it right in the first place. Refund the cost and stamp or fix it. That thread reads like an Arsenal LV thread. Cerberus FTW. I love my ACR, but they have fucked up many a good company.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 6:39:00 PM EDT
[#11]
My ratchet went out on my 7 year old M4-2K, I emailed them and they emailed me back a paid shipping label, I sent it to them and they replaced the latch, cleaned it and receracoated it all for free and I was out the suppressor maybe 2 weeks. AAC is good in my book
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top