Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2017 9:44:35 AM EDT
pawnshop potential score; Savage .243, burris old-skool 4.5-14 x 40 scope w/parallelax adjustment (looks nice)
but it's left handed;  Has synthitic stock & good blueing. I'm right hand/eye dominant.

it's only $300 & the bore looks good. what's the downside of using this for hunting?
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldnt do it. Doesnt seem like that good of price to sacrifice having a wrong handed gun. I am left handed and still would have to think about it for that price. Is it a newer gun with the accutrigger?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 9:20:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd do it as LH rifles cost more, so if you dislike it, you could sell it more than you paid for the rifle.

As a RH shooter, I always thought having a LH rifle would be perfect.  I could manipulate the bolt with my LH and keep my RH on the trigger the entire time.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:04:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I think a used LH savage should cost less than a RH. I bought one on the EE here for about half of that price. Being a lefty I have used mostly right handed guns and shooting from a bench or something using the support hand to manipulate the bolt is fine but shooting in the field from an unsupported position is a pain in the butt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top