Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2016 3:41:59 PM EDT
I bought in IO Inc PPS43c pistol in 2015 and put in safe. Sat there for months before I took it out in January. Still under 1 yr warranty.

I took it out and it was firing bursts (nearly full auto).

knowing the legal issues involved in owning, I immediately contacted IO.

We swapped emails and calls with their recommendations mostly involving cleaning and polishing bolt and firing pin.

The issue got worse.

After almost 1.5 months, I finally got an RMA to ship it for repair (shipping on my dime).

They have had it since. They do not return calls or emails. I do reach people from time to time and they are always nice and swear they will call back.

They have never called me back. Last three weeks I have talked to same person a few times.

What can I do? I cant demand gun back cause it is illegal to own. Should I have gone to local smith?

Should I report this to ATF? This has got to be a violation of something. Essentially, they have stolen my gun from me, right? Or at least dont plan to send it back.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:32:37 PM EDT
[#1]
That's an interesting one. I'd say they owe you either a fully legal functional firearm or a full refund plus the shipping costs. However, collecting might be very difficult. I don't know that ATFE might not say "why didn't you turn yourself and the gun in when it first went full auto?" I don't know, not a lawyer, not do i play one on TV, but in my humble opinion, I think this time you should speak to a real attorney, preferably one recommended by the NRA.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 3:08:51 PM EDT
[#2]
IO is hurting right now because their rep is in the garbage. The universal consensus on IO guns is "don't buy".

I would have an attorney craft a letter and send it in. Repair or full refund, including return shipping costs.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for replies.

I fear an attorney would cost more than the gun is worth.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 9:25:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Bad hammers. Well known problem. 15 minute fix. But if they use another from a pps43 it will either do the same thing or just not fire.

I had a few spares made up and a lot of guys say 870 hammers can be modified to work.

They are morons if they don't know this. It is a VERY common problem.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:51:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for replies.

View Quote

Well, THEY don't have to know the letter isn't from an attorney.  You might get someone who plays one on TV to write the letter for you.  Just the threat of legal action MIGHT get this off top dead center and get it moving.  Hopefully THEY will realize that an attorney will cost more than the gun is worth.  Good luck.

Doc
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 3:28:39 PM EDT
[#6]
870 FCG group....

I'm scared to try mine since it was converted.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:37:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Well, THEY don't have to know the letter isn't from an attorney.  You might get someone who plays one on TV to write the letter for you.  Just the threat of legal action MIGHT get this off top dead center and get it moving.  Hopefully THEY will realize that an attorney will cost more than the gun is worth.  Good luck.

Doc
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks for replies.

Doc

Ha! Thanks!

I actually was able to talk to someone today after calling several times and telling operator to not put me on vmail.

I threatened to call ATF. Not sure exactly for what but figured why not.

She told me she had to check with gunsmith and she would call back. I told her I would rather hold.

She came back saying it was ready but had to go through "atf validation" before she could ship back and that would take 2 days.

I told her to expect a call Thursday if I dont get tracking info.

I am not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:39:36 PM EDT
[#8]
A buddy had the same issue with his, he never did get it right and traded it for a WASR. I hope yours turns out better.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:06:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Ha! Thanks!

I actually was able to talk to someone today after calling several times and telling operator to not put me on vmail.

She told me she had to check with gunsmith and she would call back. I told her I would rather hold.

She came back saying it was ready but had to go through "atf validation" before she could ship back and that would take 2 days.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks for replies.

Doc

Ha! Thanks!

ATF Validation? What a bunch of horsesh*t.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:08:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I own one and I left it with my gunsmith before ever firing it to clean up the rough edges and fix the safety, which would feel as though it was engaged, but a pull on the trigger would disengage and "fire" the weapon. Had plans to SBR it but am going to make sure it is functioning well first.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:13:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought one 2 years ago and still haven't shot it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 4:44:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I bought one 2 years ago and still haven't shot it.
View Quote

mine only had a few months left in 1 yr warranty and he wasnt keen on taking it for repair service. They went out of their way to tell me they would not be paying for ahipping it since itwas close to end of warranty..

It is a fun pistol to shoot but not willing to take legal risks if it is messed up when they return to me.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:59:02 PM EDT
[#13]
There is a pretty good knowledge base of the fixes on the net. I had to raise the front of the trigger group to get proper hammer operation. I burned through all my tok ammo. Then converted it to 9mm. It loves russian steel cased.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:22:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There is a pretty good knowledge base of the fixes on the net. I had to raise the front of the trigger group to get proper hammer operation. I burned through all my tok ammo. Then converted it to 9mm. It loves russian steel cased.
View Quote

Sorry to digress- is that just a barrel swap?
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:59:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Please
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:08:32 AM EDT
[#16]
The conversion to 9mm is fairly simple. Install a 9mm barrel. I also had to shorten the recoil spring by 1.25" or so to function reliability with the lower power 9mm. The original 7.62 mags seem to function just fine with 9mm. There are 7.62 mags that were modified by Pioneer to handle 9mm only. But they are just not currently available.

free picture hosting

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 12:55:05 PM EDT
[#17]
My 9mm PPs43C pistol (fractory 9mm) had an out of battery detonation. Scared the hell out of me, and havent shot it since.

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:34:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Bad hammers. Well known problem. 15 minute fix. But if they use another from a pps43 it will either do the same thing or just not fire.

I had a few spares made up and a lot of guys say 870 hammers can be modified to work.

They are morons if they don't know this. It is a VERY common problem.
View Quote

Is it just the hammer or the whole trigger group ? What's the 15 min. fix ? -Thanks
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 5:48:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Timkel
Where did you purchase the barrel at? I have had zero troubles with mine.  I SBR Mine, and it was a very easy mod.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 3:21:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I think I got the barrel from stenparts.com But the barrel is no longer listed on their site.
Here is another source. Remember to measure the diameter of the original barrel just ahead of the chamber flange. I had the take 1.0mm off the new 9mm barrel to fit in the barrel trunnion. If you have a lathe , this is no problem.

I do not know this seller. But they offer to cut barrel to your size.

http://shop.beemarms.com/10-inch-9mm-Para-replacement-barrel-for-the-pps-43-pp-003.htm
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 3:26:14 PM EDT
[#21]
There are many details to making the 9mm conversion here.
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155513
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top