User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2016 6:43:30 AM EDT
Specifically 9mm
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:55:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Specifically 9mm
View Quote

I've shot thousands and thousands of it, no issues.  It's Cabela's branded ammo made by Sellier & Bellot.  I also use their 12ga #8 almost exclusively in my Beretta O/U
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:53:05 AM EDT
[#2]
GTG
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:13:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Depends on how much you shoot. We see alot of varied pressure signs from flattened popped primers to our gsmiths having to hammer squibs out of bbls. I see more because I work at a range. From what I've seen I won't touch it, I do use their cases in my class to show new shooters what to look for
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Never had a problem with it in my AR's.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:38:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:22:10 PM EDT
[#6]
The few hundred I have used in my 9MMs have been good to go.

Link Posted: 11/5/2016 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Herters is a Cabela's House Brand.    Herters was another outdoor outfitter that Cabela's bought decades ago, and they use the name for some of their house stuff.

Could be made by anyone, but is generally made by either Priv. Part. or S&B.

Decent quality European manufacture.  Have to check the box to see exactly where it is made.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 12:00:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I have no issues with the 9s.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 10:45:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I've had good experiences with it as well.  No problems is my 4 9mm's.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 10:06:27 AM EDT
[#10]
No issues with 9mm.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 1:05:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 1:20:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
THIS.

The steel case is Tula.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Herters is a Cabela's House Brand.    Herters was another outdoor outfitter that Cabela's bought decades ago, and they use the name for some of their house stuff.

Could be made by anyone, but is generally made by either Priv. Part. or S&B.

Decent quality European manufacture.  Have to check the box to see exactly where it is made.

THIS.

The steel case is Tula.

I'm pretty sure Herters has some steel-cased .223 and 7.62x39 in its lineup.

Either way, I've never had trouble with any Herter's ammo. It'e GTG, in my experience.

Link Posted: 11/8/2016 1:22:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 1:50:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I've shot thousands and thousands of it, no issues.  It's Cabela's branded ammo made by Sellier & Bellot.  I also use their 12ga #8 almost exclusively in my Beretta O/U
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Specifically 9mm

My casings were labeled Tula when I bought them.

But I shot 1000 rds of it. All went bang

ETA: 9mm
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 6:13:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I have had good experiences with their rifle and pistol ammo (brass case/S&B and steel case/Tula). I have their aluminum/ nylon jacket ammo (made by CCI/Blazer) but have not shot that ammo yet.

I have had good experiences with their slugs and high brass shotshells.

My experience with the low brass birdshot was bad. My gun (16 ga) hated that ammo and had extraction problems that don't occur with any other load.

Link Posted: 11/12/2016 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Depends on how much you shoot. We see alot of varied pressure signs from flattened popped primers to our gsmiths having to hammer squibs out of bbls. I see more because I work at a range. From what I've seen I won't touch it, I do use their cases in my class to show new shooters what to look for
View Quote

Wow, did not know that.  Can you provide a few pictures or links so that we can understand what to look for on the spent casing?  

I have shot my 1st 1,000rds of 9mm w/o issue.  I am onto my 2nd 1,000 rds.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 11:31:39 PM EDT
[#17]
"Is Herter's good ammo?"

No, it is not "good" ammo.

"Good" ammo is Hornady Match, Superformance, Black Hills Match, FGMM, et al...

Herter's is shit ammo, just like Wolf, Tula, PMC, etc.  

It is just fine for plinking ammo, but let us not dilute our current product comparisons.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 3:39:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I spoke too soon: my PSA mid-length AR had trouble feeding from PSA aluminum mags and a fired case got stuck in the chamber. My brother's XCR doesn't like it either. 20" AR is fine with it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 6:23:59 AM EDT
[#19]
I've shot just one box, so it was just a sample size of it but still...no problems with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top