Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I got an email from 1911 forum about it and it says it's a release of a new line of firearms.  So....  there we have it.  I'll see if I can link it, but it's in my personal email...

It specifically says, "On November 1st, Springfield Armory will release a new line of firearms designed for those who rely on instinct above distraction."

What does that mean?  No iron sights?  LOL.  

copy and pasted, without the pic of the hot, sweaty chic with a tatoo on her left arm and shoulder holding a 1911.....

On November 1st, Springfield Armory will release a new line of firearms designed for those who rely on instinct above distraction.
Copyright © 2016 1911 Forum, All rights reserved.
You received this message because you registered an email address with 1911 Forum or a partner of 1911 Forum. If email consent was not issued, this message is considered a solicitation of efforts made by 1911 Forum.
1911Forum.com, a part of Second Media Inc.
535 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
Contact Us | unsubscribe from this list
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:38:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, something along the lines of an ASP mated to a Glock?  Nothing to snag, no controls to worry about, other than a trigger and a mag release?  Guttersnipe sights so no snag, and that bar of soap melt job from the original ASP?

Should know soon...
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 7:55:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Let's hope its not a SA version of the taurus curve.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:34:18 PM EDT
[#4]
My bet it is gonna be similar to the Sig Legion series.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 10:47:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Last I knew it's been over a decade since SA imported some 1911s from Imbel in Brazil. Don't know if XDs are still con king from Croatia or not...don't really care for the XD line.  
View Quote

As far as I know everything XD will always be Croatian made. Must be something contractual.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 4:47:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Oh great!  Another sub-compact 9mm!  

Why can't it be this?

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:57:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Why can't it be this?

http://www.springfieldforum.com/images/2/5/3/springfield-sar-4800-01-11-full.jpg

View Quote

Cause that thing is fugly.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:57:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm in for a Roger Moore Signature Edition if they make one.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:05:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Is she Croatian like their pistols?
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is she Croatian like their pistols?
View Quote

Could be.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:30:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Why can't it be this?

http://www.springfieldforum.com/images/2/5/3/springfield-sar-4800-01-11-full.jpg

View Quote

moist.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 1:22:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 1:54:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
https://www.defendyourlegacy.com/saint/

Springfield Armory AR15
View Quote

Isn't the Gucci AR market crowded enough?  What does this do that a dozen other manufacturers aren't already doing?

Epic fail.  Maybe they'll make a SAINT watch too so I can check when my legacy is.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 3:58:05 AM EDT
[#14]

Are they serious? With that huge milled billboard on the right side, no less.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/ST916556B_SpecSheet.pdf

Edit: From a marketing standpoint though, I can appreciate them being up front about using it for self-defense. Lots of companies skirt it by using "sporting rifle" to describe their firearms.

Link Posted: 11/1/2016 8:48:35 AM EDT
[#15]
....well that's ghey
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 10:14:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 10:32:46 AM EDT
[#17]
To be honest, I wouldn't mind having a Springfield Armory AR to go with my M1A, 1911's, and XD, but hopefully it doesn't have "grip zone", "reload area" and a bunch of other stuff on it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 11:12:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Kind of surprised it took them this long to come out with an AR.

If S&W and Ruger can do it...
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 11:13:01 AM EDT
[#19]
*yawn*

But I will give them credit for partnering with BCM.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 12:36:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Outstanding!

I've been waiting for Springfield Armory to step up to the plate with an AR for those who operate above the noise.

I'm ordering one for my entire 5-man team. The protection of one of America's premier shopping malls deserves no less.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 12:54:03 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm so glad they came out with this. I need a basic, entry level AR with a fixed front sight, and this will fill that need perfectly. And I have never owned an AR, so this seems like a good purchase....

sorry, but people who want cheaper entry level ARs probably already have them. I'm not impressed.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 1:04:43 PM EDT
[#22]
It's a crowded market, and you're late to the game.

Link Posted: 11/1/2016 1:31:45 PM EDT
[#23]
On one hand, I like that they are making AR's now.  My Dad's side of the family is from Illinois and we've bought a lot of products from them and RRA to support local companies.  But yeah, I'm guessing there isn't much to gain by buying theirs over another quality manufacture.  Except they have more high end marketing with high quality videos of AR action.  Although their warranty is really good.  You don't have to be the original owner to have them fix something on their other guns.  If that extends to the AR's, that's something.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#24]
And again... Springfield shit the bed.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
On one hand, I like that they are making AR's now.  My Dad's side of the family is from Illinois and we've bought a lot of products from them and RRA to support local companies.  But yeah, I'm guessing there isn't much to gain by buying theirs over another quality manufacture.  Except they have more high end marketing with high quality videos of AR action.  Although their warranty is really good.  You don't have to be the original owner to have them fix something on their other guns.  If that extends to the AR's, that's something.
View Quote

Good point about the warranty. In my experience, they are excellent in this regard. For whatever reason, my M1A was missing the rear aperture. Gander Mountain kept jerking me around about making it right, so I ended up calling Springfield directly.  They not only sent the aperture, but all of the rear sight parts, and sent them quickly.

Because of that, when I got back into 1911s, I went with Springfield (a TRP & a Lightweight Operator).
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 4:39:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeah, I've heard only good things about having them fix stuff.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 8:43:52 PM EDT
[#27]
So they mention a "line" of guns, and Ive heard them refer to "Sinner" as well... is it safe to assume more are coming?

Whats the Sinner?  A .308 version?
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 8:58:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So they mention a "line" of guns, and Ive heard them refer to "Sinner" as well... is it safe to assume more are coming?

View Quote

Where did you see reference to "sinner"?

I'm already trying to find a distributor/shop that has one.  I think an SA branded AR will be pretty cool to go with my other SA guns.  Will it become the one I shoot all the time?  Probably not, but I'd still like to have it, especially if it becomes available before prices skyrocket.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 9:19:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'm already trying to find a distributor/shop that has one.  I think an SA branded AR will be pretty cool to go with my other SA guns.  Will it become the one I shoot all the time?  Probably not, but I'd still like to have it, especially if it becomes available before prices skyrocket.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw something where people were talking about getting a similar teaser email, except instead of "Saint" it was "Sinner".
I thought it was this thread, but I may be mistaken.  I know I saw people talking about it though.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 10:03:01 PM EDT
[#30]
For the price it seems like a pretty decent deal. HP/MPI bolt, a lot of BCM parts, under $800 street likely.

I don't need any more ARs but the more, the better.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 10:08:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
For the price it seems like a pretty decent deal. HP/MPI bolt, a lot of BCM parts, under $800 street likely.

I don't need any more ARs but the more, the better.
View Quote

I've seen three of them on auction sites, starting at 795 or 895, called one of my local shops who said their price point looked to be 800, but they probably can't get any for about a month.  They will look around and call me if one becomes available, then I'll know what the actual price is.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 10:21:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Their marketing sux!
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 2:57:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Their marketing sux!
View Quote

Agreed!  I thought it was going to be a political push to back certain candidates for gun rights preservation...
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Meh,

A mediocre mid-length build with BCM furniture. Nothing revolutionary or worth the hype and about a decade to late.

At least it isn't yet another iteration of the XD,

Wpns Man
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 6:30:37 PM EDT
[#35]
You know, if they'd offer an "OEM" version like Colt does with their 6920, and come in under Colt's price point, they'd have a winner on their hands.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 11:31:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Springfield Armory is a pretty good company overall, but this one honestly makes me scratch my head.

They spent a bunch of money on advertisement, paying "pretty people" aka crossfitters to get all sweaty, etc, to make commercials, and then they intro a product that damned near everyone else has been doing for decades.

In other words all hype and a big let down.

What did they think was going to be people's reaction?

They would have been much better off by far to be very straight forward about it and have Rob Leatham make a couple of promo videos of him mowing down steel plates, followed by a couple snippets of endurance tests, followed by a quick 3 minute intro saying:

"We are bringing our own ARs to the market. Being S.A., you know they are going to be good. They are going to run right (goes through quality parts). Backed by S.A.'s well known excellent warranty and customer service. We are also bringing them to Americans at a price point that makes them affordable. "

Just straight forward, no BS.

That would likely have gone over a whole lot better than the hyped up garbage that they just put out.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#37]
The more I look at it, the more I hate the big SAINT on the side.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 2:05:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The more I look at it, the more I hate the big SAINT on the side.
View Quote

What does it matter when it's going to get rattle canned anyways???  
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 11:32:59 AM EDT
[#39]
damn was hoping it was the hot chick
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 12:29:03 PM EDT
[#40]
The girls they have doing the saint shooting challenge are beautiful. In firearm news magazine that's  the only thing exciting to me hot girls looking proficient  with the guns.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 3:26:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did you think they were going to sell her?  Geeez, what century are you living in. CREEPY.  
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 1:21:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Did you think they were going to sell her?  Geeez, what century are you living in. CREEPY.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

haha. no. but you never know...
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 3:47:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are all gorgeous.  That's for sure.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top