Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2016 3:48:32 PM EDT
Hey guys, I'm trying to find out if it's just the upper receiver on the FDE bren that is cerakoted, or the whole rifle including the lower and stock?

Also, between a Bren 805 in FDE and a sig MCX, which would you guys go with?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 9:04:40 AM EDT
[#1]
No answers on this?

Trying to decide between a bren and an MCX. Any input?
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 11:49:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been trying to figure this out as well (the colored parts on the Bren 805.)  After having two Sig556s and watching their F'ups on the Sig556r & Sig556xi I have no desire to ever buy another Sig USA product.  Just dig thru the Sig sub forum on issues already with the MCX & MPX.

I did not get an answer about the cerakoted parts.  But from scouring every thread about it in multiple forums I am willing to guess that just the receiver is cerakoted & the plastic parts are molded in fde.  It would make sense that the scorpion is now offered in fde polymer.
The biggest clue I found are these close up pics of the polymer parts & looks like they were originally posted by armoredman.

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:08:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Why yes, those are my pictures. :)
Not sure exactly how the color is applied, but it is even and tough.

http://s16.photobucket.com/user/armoredman/media/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20online%208%208%2016_zpsrybqrt1o.jpg.html

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top