Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2016 2:19:25 PM EDT
I'm looking at buying a WWII Inland M1 Carbine made in 1940.  Serial number is 279,XXX.  It has an IBM barrel and seems to be in fairly good condition from what I can tell in the pictures.  It comes with 11 new manufacture magazines and about 1,100 rounds of ammo.  I figured I couldn't go wrong at about $700 I just don't know much about them so any more information or what to look for would help.  
Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 2:52:01 PM EDT
[#1]
First, great score at that price. Check the C&R or M1 forum below. There is too much to cover without having more information. Do you have more information or specific questions about the carbine?
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 2:52:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Take pictures and note the markings on different components. Folks on here can give ya a complete run-down of the Carbine.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 3:53:05 PM EDT
[#3]
It will most likely be a 1943 as 1942 was the first year of full production on the M1 carbine.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 4:22:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Take pictures and note the markings on different components. Folks on here can give ya a complete run-down of the Carbine.
View Quote

How to fill out an M1 Carbine Data Sheet
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:45:04 AM EDT
[#5]
That's a pretty good deal you might want to pick up a Woff recoil spring and new magazine springs.... very common problem.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/3415113046/wolff-magazine-spring-m1-carbine-15-round-extra-power
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:32:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That's a pretty good deal you might want to pick up a Woff recoil spring and new magazine springs.... very common problem.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/3415113046/wolff-magazine-spring-m1-carbine-15-round-extra-power
View Quote

I wouldn't

stay with USGI parts and springs
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:00:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I decided to go ahead and get it and made a deal to meet today at 10.  I text him 2 times with no reply so I called before I made the hour and a half drive.  The guy answered so I asked him about meeting and he hung up and declined my call 10 mins later.  Pretty messed up if you ask me.  Just glad I didn't waste my time or gas driving there.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 7:29:02 PM EDT
[#8]
That is a great price. I just bought a 1944 inland for more than that. And I didn't get ammo.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:59:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I decided to go ahead and get it and made a deal to meet today at 10.  I text him 2 times with no reply so I called before I made the hour and a half drive.  The guy answered so I asked him about meeting and he hung up and declined my call 10 mins later.  Pretty messed up if you ask me.  Just glad I didn't waste my time or gas driving there.
View Quote

It was probably a scam, and they were hoping you would send money so they could "ship" it to you.  Most ammo goes for in the neighborhood of $20 a box.  So that alone was worth about $440.  Eleven magazines at $10 a pop, there goes another $110.  The rifle alone, depending on condition and parts, was worth between $500 and $1000.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 9:52:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I really like the carbine. It's a fun little gun to shoot. Biggest disadvantage for me is locating ammo that isn't extremely high priced.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top