Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2016 6:27:42 PM EDT
I posted this over at czfirearms.us, but will cross post here as well.
If you're looking to go with the retro 805 mag well, you'll notice that they're kind of a bitch to remove.
Slightly file the catch on the mag, test fit as you go. Mine will now drop free just by pushing the paddle release.
Still feels securely locked in place when seated, but I still need to live fire the gun. (Weird things happen under recoil.)

Hope this little tip is of use to someone.

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Why would you ditch one of the best benefits of the 805? (stanag mag well)
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:05:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, yes, STANAG mag compatability is superior, but some people want that original "A1" look.
You can have both. The mag wells change out pretty easy.
For those who might want to try the original Czech mags though, I just want them to know that
they can be modified to be "drop free". Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:46:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

STANAG mags are actually pretty shitty; they are the weakest part of the system. Using AR mags is not necessarily a good thing. The original 805 Bren magazines are better and allow longer cartridge OAL.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:28:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I overlooked the fact you could even get them in non-stanag.

Sooo sexy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top