Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2016 4:17:28 PM EDT
I got invited to go moose hunting on short notice. I want to use my Remington 700 Classic in 300 H&H Magnum but need to order some scope rings/mounts for the gun. I have a Vortex Diamondback 4x12x40mm w/ a 1 inch tube.

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 4:50:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Is there not an Academy, Gander Mountain, Cabelas or other store within fifty miles? Get a base and some medium one inch rings and go hunting. You want a LA base.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 5:04:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there not an Academy, Gander Mountain, Cabelas or other store within fifty miles? Get a base and some medium one inch rings and go hunting. You want a LA base.
View Quote

What does LA mean?

ETA long action..
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 10:58:51 PM EDT
[#3]
-Leupold STD Remington 700 RH-LA 1pc (Gloss)

-Leupold STD 1" Med rings (Gloss)

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 11:21:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
-Leupold STD Remington 700 RH-LA 1pc (Gloss)

-Leupold STD 1" Med rings (Gloss)

View Quote

Great choices.  If you have iron sights and need QD return to zero if you have to remove the scope, the best choice for bases and rings for the long action Rem 700 are the Talley steel rings and bases.  I've been using them on all my newer bolt guns that are not tactical.  Installed on a LA 700 they look like this.  Levers are on the other side, not visible.

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 5:01:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I got invited to go moose hunting on short notice. I want to use my Remington 700 Classic in 300 H&H Magnum but need to order some scope rings/mounts for the gun. I have a Vortex Diamondback 4x12x40mm w/ a 1 inch tube.

View Quote

I have a Remington 700 Classic in 6.5x55.  My scope mounting setup is as follows:

1. I installed a picatinny scope rail from Brownell's.  

2. I used some Leupold picatinny rings to mount a Bushnell 3-9x40 scope on the rail.  

I found using a rail to span the action allowed my significantly more leeway in regards to eye relief.

If you look in the EE I know where you can find a like new Remington Long Action rail for sale at a good price...
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:17:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Weaver Bases, Burris Zee Rings!  This combo NEVER let me down on ANY Rem700 I owned!
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 3:54:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I have been very impressed with DNZ Game Reaper one piece scope mount/ring system.
I have them on 3 of my hunting rifles (2 on Remington 700 rifles) for past 2 to 3 years and none has ever lost zero or loosened up from use and some abuse.
They are simple and durable and are very reasonably priced at about $50.  For your rifle you'll need Remington Low Height Long Action model (low will accommodate up to 44mm objective).

Link Posted: 9/1/2016 11:13:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Leupold dual dovetail bases and rings.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top