Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2016 3:02:00 PM EDT
Any of you folks present that love irons, but because of aging eyes you had to put a scope on your favorite squirrel gun or plinker?  You might like this site.  Personally, I love it.  

Following pic is a string of shots at 25 yards as I was tweeking adjustments. 1-7 is adjust from left to right, then 8 was an elevation tweek.  (Ruger 10/22, btw.

Now, I know this is not impressive shooting to a lot of you, but I've not been able to do that well, without a scope, in over a decade.

The site takes a tad to get used to, but it does not take long.  It also works better if you shoot with both eyes open.  It also doesn't clutter the field of view with scope stuff like red dots and regular scopes do.

I will definitely be getting the tritium pistol version for my carry gun and probably another for my home defense gun. Note on pic...that is a pencil stuck in a flyer under #1.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 3:05:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't wait to sandbag tweek this thing at 50.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 3:30:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 3:40:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting...as one of those older eye guys...

I have to ask... You aren't associated with them at all.. right ?

View Quote

Wish I was. Or at least owned stock because I showed it to my dad.  Now I need to buy another.  

Link Posted: 7/14/2016 4:16:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for posting.

A few years back, went to LGS, man this rifle sucks bad - sights are garbage, then another, then another, then another, finally found the problem
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 4:55:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Was that with the crosshair model?
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 5:01:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got one, it will be going on a project gun.
I added a tritium vial to make it visible in the dark as well.  They have their own night sight version now as well.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 5:03:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks for posting.

A few years back, went to LGS, man this rifle sucks bad - sights are garbage, then another, then another, then another, finally found the problem
View Quote

Yep.  Father Time is mean, but this'll keep me scopeless a while longer.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 5:04:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Was that with the crosshair model?
View Quote

This has the triangle.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 5:11:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've got one, it will be going on a project gun.
I added a tritium vial to make it visible in the dark as well.  They have their own night sight version now as well.
View Quote

Interesting.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 5:12:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Pics of gun and sight for another bad eyed codger?
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 5:15:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can't now, but i can tomorow.  Google search the site to see what versions you like.  Mine is the original and it sits on the scope rail of a new Ruger 10/22 SS model.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 5:18:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 5:42:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Very interesting

Link Posted: 7/14/2016 7:38:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I have seen that before. Thought about picking one up for my PS-90.

Yes my eyes are old too
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 12:31:17 AM EDT
[#15]
How well does it handle dirt and rain?

AJ
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 2:11:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How well does it handle dirt and rain?

AJ
View Quote

I've not gotten it dirty or wet, but a guy using one in a Youtube review said he was amazed how well it worked in a drizzle. It's on a SS 10/22.  I might do a water test next session.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 4:02:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pavlov,  here's a couple more pics.  This pic is what is crazy about this thing. Noticed this after I took the pic. Look at how out of focus the foreground and sight frame are, but the triangle reticle is sharp. When I shoulder the rifle, the triangle is as sharp as the target I'm aiming at. Even with good eyes and irons something is blurred during a  shot, whether it's the target or front/rear sight.  I always used to swap concentration between the three to make a shot. This basically eliminates aiming down to simply having to align target and triangular reticle...already in focus.  Better than irons, IMO.

See All on rifle.

Link Posted: 7/15/2016 4:33:03 PM EDT
[#18]
AJ asked about dirt and water...not going to throw mud on it, but I did water test it.  Some droplets stuck, but did not really affect sight picture, so in addition to a cup of water, I fogged it with breath.  Still OK.  

Link Posted: 7/15/2016 4:42:07 PM EDT
[#19]
So I wonder how this would work for Steel Challenge or USPSA?
Would they classify it irons or as an optic like a red dot?

Link Posted: 7/15/2016 5:59:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So I wonder how this would work for Steel Challenge or USPSA?
Would they classify it irons or as an optic like a red dot?

View Quote

No idea.  It is kind of a child of both.  No magnification of the target, just the reticle. I see it as more akin to a iron night sight., IMO.

I can't believe it is not more popular as a sub 100 yard competition or hunting sight for folks with normal vision.   Can also see a close quarters combat/defense use if it was a tritium version.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Got only a little time to fiddle with the sight at 50 yards today.   Before I shot the first strings, I warmed up a tad on some steel plates and saw the elevation was about right but still needed to drift more right.  Adjusted.  Noticed at 50 yards the smallest target dots I could make out clearly needed to be about 1".  Doodled some up and shot the first (1-4) with same ammo I warmed up with....Federal Automatch. Only had enough for 1-4.

5-8 were Thunderbolts.

Notes:  FIrst, I am overdue three years for new eyeglass prescription. Second, I was seated and braced on a wobbly steel post. Gun is new, stock 10/22 Ruger in SS.  Trigger is rough and I may also be pulling it to left or I was did not adjust enough.  Can't tell.  

I think this thing will help me do "minute of squirrel skull" at 25yards, eventually...no scope....groovy.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 4:50:18 AM EDT
[#22]
I wish I knew someone that had one of those. They look very interesting, but I'm too cheap to gamble money on whether I'll like something like that.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 7:08:45 AM EDT
[#23]
I have a couple. SHTF no batteries, small lightweight.
They are OK for the $$, I paid $50.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 7:18:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Very interesting

View Quote

Sure is...........I think I'll buy one!
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 3:26:09 PM EDT
[#25]
My only beef with it, is that it looks kind of fragile.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 8:49:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

The aluminum frame that it's built on is rather thick (1/4-3/16") and i believe the rail it mounts to on the gun would break before the sight would.  The glass magifier and reticle guts could be damaged if the sight took a blow straight on top from something narrow and hard, but i don't throw firearms around.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 9:58:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The aluminum frame that it's built on is rather thick (1/4-3/16") and i believe the rail it mounts to on the gun would break before the sight would.  The glass magifier and reticle guts could be damaged if the sight took a blow straight on top from something narrow and hard, but i don't throw firearms around.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah, it just looks like that's exactly the first part of the sight that would take a hit.   But not everything can be an Aimpoint I guess.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 6:17:39 PM EDT
[#28]
I would love to try out the tritium rail model, but the $200 price tag has me looking at a Vortex SPARC AR. Anybody have both?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 5:53:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I would love to try out the tritium rail model, but the $200 price tag has me looking at a Vortex SPARC AR. Anybody have both?
View Quote

No, I don't but I do have the pistol version tritium version on the way.  I can post some pics after mounting and sighting adjustments.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:41:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:12:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Might look @ a couple of different brands - some were smart enough to put the battery on top, so you can swap it out w/o affecting zero.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#32]
A guy at work bought one for his shotgun.  He took it hunting and couldn't see the sight when he was in his blind.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:01:48 PM EDT
[#33]
I got the tritium delta model.

Perfect sight for a pocket rifle in my opinion.

Have not noted any real negatives but I suspect there would be the occasion where aiming from a dark area into a very bright area would be troublesome as with all fiber optic only inlluminated sights.

That is why I want with the delta, seemed like it would be easier to pick up in bad light.

The fact that it's all USA made and affordable is awesome, the guys at the NRA show from the company were all very nice.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 8:18:48 PM EDT
[#34]
This looks interesting. I see Amazon carries them, I may order one to try.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 5:16:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Just wanted to post an update.  

I liked the original version I put on the 10/22 so much that I also ordered the tritium pistol version. Got it in and  mounted on a Glock 23 and took it to the range.  

Pros...The unit is smaller and looks to be more refined in quality.  It mounts snugly to the pistol, tight as a tick. The mounting system is superb.  

Cons...Only problem is getting the reticle up and visible when you first try to line up.  I found this to be difficult.  The sight is smaller and combined with it being much farther from your eye makes  first acquiring the reticle a chore. Once acquired it really did  help  ringing a steel dueling tree, but getting initial alignment is a pain.   My intention was to use this on my carry pistol, but that difficulty with reticle acquisition is going to be a deal breaker in my use.  This is not a problem on the rifle mounted version because the site is at your eye, close, when you shoulder the firearm. This sucks because I really wanted it to work for my CC pistol.

The manufacturer has a 30 day warranty, so I'm going to send back this pistol version and see if I can trade up for their tritium rifle "rail" version for long arms.  That tritium version will go on my hd 12g pump .

I did bring the 10/22, too..  Liking that original sight more and more at each outing.  I got bored punching paper, so I started aiming at little rocks on the back berm.  Stupid accurate. I was actually hitting small stones on the berm. Also, this sight is amazing at follow up shots. Irons aren't this fast.  One young RO was watching me shoot.  I asked if he wanted to try it.  After instructing him on how to aim it and some practice, he pitched a plastic drink bottle and started making it dance by the berm.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:37:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Been running one of these on a handgun (22/45 Lite suppressor host) and have come to the conclusion that these sights are pretty good, but they are better on a rifle or shotgun than a handgun. The problem has to do with the size of the reticle growing with distance from the shooters eye (just like red dots), and difficulty finding the reticle in the small rear window if you are in a hurry. Someone asked about USPSA, this would be terrible for that IMO after running regular irons in Limited Minor this past year. I'm a pretty good pistolero, the See All Sight would just slow me down at a match-irons are good enough, and much faster.

IMO, this sight is best employed on a shotgun or .22, possibly a brush gun etc. They do take some getting used to
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 2:35:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Been running one of these on a handgun (22/45 Lite suppressor host) and have come to the conclusion that these sights are pretty good, but they are better on a rifle or shotgun than a handgun. The problem has to do with the size of the reticle growing with distance from the shooters eye (just like red dots), and difficulty finding the reticle in the small rear window if you are in a hurry. Someone asked about USPSA, this would be terrible for that IMO after running regular irons in Limited Minor this past year. I'm a pretty good pistolero, the See All Sight would just slow me down at a match-irons are good enough, and much faster.

IMO, this sight is best employed on a shotgun or .22, possibly a brush gun etc. They do take some getting used to
View Quote

My sentiments, exactly.  These things rock on a long gun....short gun, not so much.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 2:10:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

My sentiments, exactly.  These things rock on a long gun....short gun, not so much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not the length of the gun, it's the distance to the shooter's eye. The farther away the sight is, the larger or more magnified the reticle is. Unfortunately, the reticle grows but the window you look thru doesn't, and it magnifies the reticle enough when shooting it on a handgun that it makes the triangle less crisp. When you have it on a rifle or a shotgun where you have in in front of your face with a check weld the reticle is much finer and easier to acquire in the window.

It's the same problem you have shooting red dot and reflex sights, only the windows on those are large enough to still find the reticle.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 6:43:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 3:58:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I have much the same "time delay" issue with a much more expensive Leupold Delta Point Red Dot on a handgun...whereas with the cheek weld of a long gun helps negate this issue 100%.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have much the same "time delay" issue with a much more expensive Leupold Delta Point Red Dot on a handgun...whereas with the cheek weld of a long gun helps negate this issue 100%.

Exactly. Long gun...bam, right on at shouldering, ready to start shooting.  At pistol distance from your eye it is a slight chore to eyeball the reticle.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 4:08:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top