Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2016 3:24:51 PM EDT
Anybody ever heard of these?  Good/Bad etc.

Caldwell Target Cam

Link Posted: 7/10/2016 11:04:42 PM EDT
[#1]
i hope you get some response to these, i have been eyeing them lately myself. really curious since they're half price compared to the others.

Bruce
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 4:27:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw a YouTube video of a guy using a setup like that, not sure if it was the Caldwell brand or not but I thought it was a pretty good idea, especially for 400+ yards when it gets hard to see the target. Pretty cool idea but with my luck I would have a 'flier' that takes it out the very first time I used it!
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 9:28:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I was curious about that unit as well.  I lost my subscription of the thread about a DIY system in GD.   If anyone has a link, I'd appreciate the link.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 11:43:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Got mine in and first impression is good.  Appears to be simple and solid.  All components come in a nice fitted-foam carrying case.  The camera plugs into the transmitter and the transmitter creates it's own wifi network.  At close distances you can connect directly to the transmitter with your wifi device and the receiver is not needed.  

I haven't taken it outside yet so further experimenting to come.

I got mine (open box return) for $175 and feel it is worth that.  I'm not sure it's worth the $400 price tag elsewhere as you can easily build your own from off-the-shelf components and save some money.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:52:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't have a Caldwell system,  I've got the Bullseye camera system..what a awesome system.  No more walking to targets, just shoot and view on my iPad or iPhone or laptop..Man can you burn some ammo faster and have a record of it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:53:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't have a Caldwell system,  I've got the Bullseye camera system..what a awesome system.  No more walking to targets, just shoot and view on my iPad or iPhone or laptop..Man can you burn some ammo faster and have a record of it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I got it in and it appears to work well.  Haven't gotten it out to the range yet, but just messing around with it and I'm impressed.  Your device can connect to either the transmitter or receiver and I've been getting good range connecting directly to the transmitter alone and leaving the receiver in the bag.

I'll update when I get to the range.  Too hot right now.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 11:09:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I got it in and it appears to work well.  Haven't gotten it out to the range yet, but just messing around with it and I'm impressed.  Your device can connect to either the transmitter or receiver and I've been getting good range connecting directly to the transmitter alone and leaving the receiver in the bag.

I'll update when I get to the range.  Too hot right now.
View Quote
please do, i'm still considering one of these. for the price you can't go wrong if it performs as it should. i have seen them new for around $326 iirc.

Bruce

ETA:change price

Link Posted: 9/6/2016 9:33:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok, finally got this camera out and used it.  I really, really like it.  I've been shooting at 100 yards (no where to shoot farther) and it does just fine using only the transmitter.  Setup is simple and I connect via my phone while setting up targets to get it pointed in the right spot.  Once I start shooting I connect via an old amazon fire tablet and have no trouble keeping track of my rounds.  The measuring feature is cool too but you have to remember to mark 1 inch on your target while setting up.  Once everything is setup you calibrate the camera to the 1 inch mark on your target and then it will tell you group size or how far off the POA you are.  

No idea if it actually broadcasts as far as advertised but I'm hooked.  This is way better than a spotting scope.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 12:33:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I have been looking at this system and am very tempted.  I really like the simple, self-contained nature of it.  The company seems to back their product very well also.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top