Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2016 4:43:05 PM EDT
I picked up a desert eagle and someone wants to trade me an ACR enhanced for it. I know little about these rifles.... Worth it? I was hoping to get an AUG or Tavor but the ACR looks similar.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 4:50:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 4:54:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The ACR looks similar to an AUG or a Tavor?? Are you sure you're looking at an ACR?
View Quote

Sorry - I mean looks similar in terms of features and trade value.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 4:57:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a huge fan of the rifle but you'll find aftermarket support to be very limited and costly.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 5:22:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldnt buy an ACR because I feel like Bushmaster kind of lied to everyone and, in a sense, kind of screwed them... but I would MUCH rather have an ACR than a Desert Eagle, so I would definitely trade one for the other.

Maybe "lied" is a harsh word, but they definitely didnt keep up with their promises of support for it.  Thats why I never ended up getting one.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 5:27:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd make this trade..
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 5:30:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I wouldnt buy an ACR because I feel like Bushmaster kind of lied to everyone and, in a sense, kind of screwed them... but I would MUCH rather have an ACR than a Desert Eagle, so I would definitely trade one for the other.

Maybe "lied" is a harsh word, but they definitely didnt keep up with their promises of support for it.  Thats why I never ended up getting one.
View Quote

ACR is a great platform if they would just sell the Remington version to us. I can't believe a company like BM could screw it up so badly to give it the rap it has today. It should be in the forefront of carbine technology by now if they just kept with it. Idiots!    
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 10:41:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Do it!
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 10:44:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

ACR is a great platform if they would just sell the Remington version to us. I can't believe a company like BM could screw it up so badly to give it the rap it has today. It should be in the forefront of carbine technology by now if they just kept with it. Idiots!    
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah... I was super bummed when I read they werent going to sell the Remington version to the civilian market.  I stopped looking into it after I read that.  
Is there a reason they arent selling it to civilians?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'd make this trade..
View Quote
Yup, especially if I got a good deal on the Deagle.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:53:41 AM EDT
[#10]
If it was me, I would.  I like the new breed of polymer 5.56 carbines.  Not sure if they'll ever go anywhere or catch on, but I think they're neat.  I like the Beretta also.   Not sure what that has to do with your trade, but a desert Eagle seems way more.........  aaaaaah....  possibly less practical.    Maybe.  What caliber is the DE in?  .44?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:38:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I really like mine. That said, it looks like the Bren 805 has similar features and better aftermarket support already. Also keep in mind BM made basically 3 versions. A plane non-folder/Magpul HG, Folding w/ Magpul HG, and and Folding w/ pic rail HG. Prices also seem to be all over the place.

I also really like my 805
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:55:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yeah... I was super bummed when I read they werent going to sell the Remington version to the civilian market.  I stopped looking into it after I read that.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, there Idiots
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:03:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm a huge fan of the rifle but you'll find aftermarket support to be very limited and costly.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 4:02:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Straight trade? Hell yeah.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 7:59:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Love mine never had a problem with it and it is actually one of my favorite guns to shoot.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 10:41:33 PM EDT
[#16]
The BM/Rem ACR is a big joke played on gun owners.  Never have I seen a potentially great product so mismanaged with a lack of support, marketing, and development by a company than the ACR. I honestly don't even know why they bother to still make them.  A perfect example of a gun company having zero interest in listening to the gun community it is servicing.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 10:53:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The BM/Rem ACR is a big joke played on gun owners.  Never have I seen a potentially great product so mismanaged with a lack of support, marketing, and development by a company than the ACR. I honestly don't even know why they bother to still make them.  A perfect example of a gun company having zero interest in listening to the gun community it is servicing.
View Quote

Because they are awesome guns that's why!
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 6:28:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks everyone. I'll update if I make the trade.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:58:24 PM EDT
[#19]
As far as I'm concerned, the ACR enhanced is better than a Deagle all day long.

I'd do it.

The Deagle doesn't have da beamz, correct?

Link Posted: 6/25/2016 12:04:54 PM EDT
[#20]
I love my basic folder.  The handguard is PERFECT.  I had Marvin put a DD 1:7 carbine barrel on it with his gas system.  Profile is lightweight 14.5" with pinned Mams.  One of my favs.

Link Posted: 6/25/2016 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I love my basic folder.  The handguard is PERFECT.  I had Marvin put a DD 1:7 carbine barrel on it with his gas system.  Profile is lightweight 14.5" with pinned Mams.  One of my favs.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/cobravenom39/IMG_20160529_105125_zpsu6fijahu.jpg
View Quote

Weren't you selling it a while back? I've been on the lookout for a used one to do just the same thing. I would do the trade, I love the acr design.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 2:40:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Weren't you selling it a while back? I've been on the lookout for a used one to do just the same thing. I would do the trade, I love the acr design.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/cobravenom39/IMG_20160529_105125_zpsu6fijahu.jpg

That's a pic of 2 guns I'd never sell. I did sell the original barrel assembly in the EE, though.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 2:48:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That's a pic of 2 guns I'd never sell. I did sell the original barrel assembly in the EE, though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

getting a barrel reprofiled, does it keep the ratcheting system for the barrel?
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 3:23:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  I bought all the barrel assembly pieces from Remington.  Works exactly the same.  You can use most AR barrels with mid length gas.  I went carbine to move the weight back.  Its perfect right now.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 12:12:31 AM EDT
[#25]
I'd trade
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 1:45:09 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm a fan of the ACR and would jump at the chance to make that trade.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 1:12:09 PM EDT
[#27]

That rifle looks great.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote
It's amazing just how badly Bushmaster buttfucked their product.  The initial price disappointment and poor barrel choice could have been mitigated a lot if they'd ever given the public the caliber swap options promised, the chance to buy the various barrel lengths that were promised, etc.  but they've resolutely kept on ignoring the public and given the middle finger all the while.

That kind of thing is why I've stayed on the fence and still haven't bought one.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 3:57:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Went and fondled an ACR today. Wasn't as front heavy as I was afraid it was going to be. People's complaints had me thinking it'd be like a HK MR556 lol.

Seems to be a well set up rifle and would probably be even more so with a shorter barrel as an SBR.

Been debating between the ACR, the Beretta ARX100 or a FAL.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 5:11:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Went and fondled an ACR today. Wasn't as front heavy as I was afraid it was going to be. People's complaints had me thinking it'd be like a HK MR556 lol.

Seems to be a well set up rifle and would probably be even more so with a shorter barrel as an SBR.

View Quote

ACR.

I regret selling mine.

I actually arranged purchase of an fde enhanced for 1300 bucks in december 2013 only to find out that it was now a banned rifle in my state.

Best fucking deal I ever came across, and I couldnt get it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 6:30:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Ya know...it's a damn shame Remington and Bushie are run by complete and utter idiots.  There is a LOT going for the ACR with with just a couple of very moderate improvements, the ACR could have been the gun that the AR-180 could have been.

Imagine having all of the manufacturing power behind these two big companies and being powerless to do anything positive with it.  It's a damn shame.  I want an ACR standard but not without the improvements I think are needed.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 7:13:35 PM EDT
[#32]
They're awesome as an sbr

Link Posted: 7/17/2016 2:02:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I actually prefer the ACR out of those three.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 3:54:35 PM EDT
[#34]
I'd do it.  Always wanted an ACR.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top