Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2016 11:08:38 AM EDT
Anyone use this ammo? Not much on ARFCOM from what I can find, and modestly discussed elsewhere.

http://www.men-defencetec.de/en/home/

Germans typically make good stuff and apparently they make NATO and German armed forces contract ammo. Some of their stuff seems NATO spec....other stuff seems plinker grade.

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:29:15 AM EDT
[#1]
a ton of men surplus 7.62 x51 came in way back .  was in MG3 ammo tin which look like original MG34/42 ammo tins.  got some in battle packs also.  i shot that stuff through my Fal and Cetme.  Great stuff.  right up there with Hirt 7.62.  too bad it was berdan primed
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:26:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Good SMG or carbine ammo......
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:44:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Good SMG or carbine ammo......
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

if their velocity claims are true it's a bit on the hot side, but hey it will make major power factor for IPSC  Most modern handguns should be okay*, but I would not recommend shooting it in any C&Rs.

*Being as it is hotter than what SAAMI specs as for 9mm +P it may void your warranty if any damage was to occur with many manufacturers.

I'd probably use the above suggestion and use it for carbines.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:51:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anyone use this ammo? Not much on ARFCOM from what I can find, and modestly discussed elsewhere.

Germans typically make good stuff and apparently they make NATO and German armed forces contract ammo. Some of their stuff seems NATO spec....other stuff seems plinker grade.

View Quote

Your link goes to an ad at Midway.

I've got some of the light MEN. Works in the Sig P226 and 229, FTF in the AUG 9mm conversion.

AJ
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 9:48:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I've got some of the light MEN. Works in the Sig P226 and 229, FTF in the AUG 9mm conversion.

AJ

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

AJ

Just clicked it and it doesn't go to a Midway ad for me.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 10:09:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a case or 2 of that in 762x51
Good ammo, but Berdan primed. I fired 200 rounds or so.
I salted it away for a rainy day...
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Back in the mid/late 80s some surplus .303 British made by MEN came into the country. It was very good ammo, accurate and clean.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 2:09:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
a ton of men surplus 7.62 x51 came in way back .  was in MG3 ammo tin which look like original MG34/42 ammo tins.  got some in battle packs also.  i shot that stuff through my Fal and Cetme.  Great stuff.  right up there with Hirt 7.62.  too bad it was berdan primed
View Quote

You can still load them if you know what your doing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top