Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2016 3:37:37 PM EDT
Would love to have a belt feed 7.62x39 RPD, but at $2,200 it's not a on a whim buy. Unlike my RPK the semi RPD has been heavily modified from the original design and has preparatory parts. Also being semi auto, belt feed seems less appealing. Any thoughts ? At $2,200 my fear is buyers remorse at what will be nothing more than a range toy that will loses it's appeal after a few trips out, with my RPK filling that role. -Thanks
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 4:01:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 4:34:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a kit back when they were sub $400 with the original barrel. I ended up getting Len Savage to build it for me, and it was beautiful. It was weird to shoot with the semi conversion, the striker had a long path to travel before it impacted and the delay was noticeable. It was very much a heavy range toy but boy did it turn heads.

I sold it just after Sandy Hook for $3100 and bought an unfired M11/9 for $3200. Full auto beats semi auto belt fed all day long.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 12:52:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I like mine but yes, it is a big, heavy range toy.

I will never sell it though in that it's the cheapest belt fed to buy and feed. The brass kicks out with major authority and the belts are kind of strange when you have a fifty round belt whipping around. The non disintegrating belts are nice though when you go to reload them.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 8:33:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I love mine,really fun to shoot,mine is a dsa,this is the last year they are making them,so,if you want one,get one.I'm thinking about getting another one.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 1:30:08 PM EDT
[#5]
My works like a dream.  Great value for a belt-fed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top