Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2016 6:28:21 PM EDT

it's kinda like having a pull-start for your motorcycle!
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting and nifty looking.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:01:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:03:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wat

Needs moar dimples
View Quote

DIMPLED FOR GROSS MOTOR SKILLS PROFICIENCY! RRAAAAAAAAAAAUGH!

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:37:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmmm, I don't know....kinda solves the "cheek weld" issue.  

Definately more "purchase" on the charging handle.

I also see more potential for it to get 'jammed' up with dirt/grim.

I'd like to test one.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:04:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hmmm, I don't know....kinda solves the "cheek weld" issue.  

Definately more "purchase" on the charging handle.

I also see more potential for it to get 'jammed' up with dirt/grim.

I'd like to test one.
View Quote

Like I said, it's kinda like a pullstart on a motorcycle. Aside from being cool and different, I don't see the benefit.

That being said, cool and different is fun to play with every now and then

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:29:35 AM EDT
[#6]
No thanks.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:19:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Do not want.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:21:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:22:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Another useless add on, I bet the mall ninja's will love it tho .
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:23:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't get it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:23:52 AM EDT
[#11]
To me, the worst part of an AR is the charging handle. At least this is an attempt to make it more ergonomic and user friendly.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:47:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Yea, but if I was to change the charge handle on an AR, I'd position it further forward, like a side charger.

But I'm also one of those weirdos who likes an HK-style forward mounted charging handle.

I've also seen kits that can change your AK to an HK style charger, but just seems to be an expensive & complicated solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

And with any good BHO platform like the AR, I'm not charging after every mag change.

I look at a lot of this kind of custom stuff like classic/retro/rat rod cars & bikes, I can spend all day looking at it and marveling at it, but in the end I'm not wrapping MY money up in one.

Hit me up again if I come in to lottery money though...
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:36:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yea, but if I was to change the charge handle on an AR, I'd position it further forward, like a side charger.

But I'm also one of those weirdos who likes an HK-style forward mounted charging handle.

I've also seen kits that can change your AK to an HK style charger, but just seems to be an expensive & complicated solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

And with any good BHO platform like the AR, I'm not charging after every mag change.

I look at a lot of this kind of custom stuff like classic/retro/rat rod cars & bikes, I can spend all day looking at it and marveling at it, but in the end I'm not wrapping MY money up in one.

Hit me up again if I come in to lottery money though...
View Quote

I concur. I'd place it in a foreword position more like the g36.

However, the Badger Latch solved 100% of my charging handle woes. It is fully manipulable with nothing but gross motor skills as well
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:13:50 PM EDT
[#14]
i love how these types of products are presented like the next best thing since sliced bread.

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 1:54:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
i love how these types of products are presented like the next best thing since sliced bread.

View Quote

white or wheat ?

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 2:18:02 AM EDT
[#16]
The tryhard soundtrack is the worst part
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 2:36:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
To me, the worst part of an AR is the charging handle. At least this is an attempt to make it more ergonomic and user friendly.
View Quote

Seems to make using the CH into more of a gross, rather than fine, motor skill execution, which is generally a good thing for ease of use/speed.  That it also serves a cheek weld function also isn't necessarily bad, either.  Side CH is still the way to go.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Seems to make using the CH into more of a gross, rather than fine, motor skill execution, which is generally a good thing for ease of use/speed.  That it also serves a cheek weld function also isn't necessarily bad, either.  Side CH is still the way to go.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Grasping a standard charging handle or swiping an extended CH latch would, in no way, constitute a fine motor skill. I'd highly doubt this new contraption could be any faster.

I'll stick with my BCM CHs, thanks.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:41:54 AM EDT
[#19]
I could see that actually being useful in certain scenarios, could probably make charging a rifle much easier for somebody with arthritis.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:44:08 AM EDT
[#20]
It has been dubbed the Butt Cock by the great and powerful Sensei Pizza Guy! All hail Butt Cock. Glory be to Butt Cock.

I will stick with a BCM Gunfighter.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 10:08:41 AM EDT
[#21]
I think a hooked finger is less likely to slip than a slappy hand

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:46:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I could see that actually being useful in certain scenarios, could probably make charging a rifle much easier for somebody with arthritis.
View Quote

Its a luxury world. Another aftermarket qizmo on the list.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 5:00:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Ick.

A solution to a non existing problem.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 6:49:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Do you guys even top charge, brah?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top