Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2016 7:07:40 PM EDT
I've acquired two old boxes of paper shot shells.  One Remington Express and one Western Super X.  Both 12 gauge.

Was hoping to learn something about them and perhaps an approximate value.  The Box of Remingtons has a couple Western shells mixed in.

All shells are unfired.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 11:06:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Honestly, I can't imagine much value. I have a box or two laying around from back in the day just like your pictures, they made millions.

I would guess maybe a buck a shell on a good day for a collector.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 5:03:06 PM EDT
[#2]
The shotshell boxes that are considered collectible almost always have a colorful picture on the front. Value is improved if the box is for a less common gauge such as 10 gauge, 28 gauge, or .410.

To be honest, I'd shoot the shells you have.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:55:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Not worth much. I keep the ones I've been given just for the smell...that paper shell smell.../Kilgore/
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:38:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a guy tell me something very valuable.  "Just because it's old doesn't make it worth anything"

The only shotgun shells I am aware are worth much are the old all Brass Military 00 Buckshot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top