Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/20/2016 8:39:19 PM EDT
No time to run some rounds through it yet, just strip and clean. This feels perfect, just right.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:41:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool!  Looking forward to the range report.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:20:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice. I need a 16". How do you like the stock? I keep debating on the fixed folder, that one or a zhukov.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:37:41 AM EDT
[#3]
The stock is nice, and the switchable cheek rest helps. It's STIFF operation, but it's new and I expect it. Got a few rounds to try in it come range day.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:47:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Also what kind of sights come on those? I thought I had seen Troy on them but I forget now.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:53:50 AM EDT
[#5]
FDE rifles cause my brain to short-circuit good decision-making abilities.

I haven't been enthused in other 805 Bren threads, but now I want one in FDE.  Hopefully the price comes down a little closer to $1500.

Looking forward to your updates on it!
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:44:43 PM EDT
[#6]
That's like 95% of the perfect rifle.. screw a reciprocating charging handle, though.

Hope you enjoy it, OP!
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:49:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm hoping to, indeed. I got used to a reciprocating charging handle on the vz-58. though it's not QUITE the same thing. :) I'll put up some more pictures and video as soon as I get some time to hit the range.

COcz, I can't see any markings on the fold down sights, no idea what they are., sorry. I can say they are easy to use, has two flip apertures, one wide one narrow and the wide is what I'm going to start with, just feels better.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:09:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No time to run some rounds through it yet, just strip and clean. This feels perfect, just right.

<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/user/armoredman/media/CZ%20BREN%20805/OOB4_zpsr7jhmex2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/CZ%20BREN%20805/OOB4_zpsr7jhmex2.jpg</a>
View Quote

Armored man, where did you find one?

Max
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:38:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Max
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/user/armoredman/media/CZ%20BREN%20805/OOB4_zpsr7jhmex2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/CZ%20BREN%20805/OOB4_zpsr7jhmex2.jpg</a>

Max

This

I want one.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:02:14 PM EDT
[#10]
What's the barrel changing procedure like?
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 3:38:19 PM EDT
[#11]
How is the weight vrs. balance? Does it feel heavy or just right?
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That's like 95% of the perfect rifle.. screw a reciprocating charging handle, though.

Hope you enjoy it, OP!
View Quote

Reciprocating CH along the rail is an injury just waiting to happen.  Located at the ejection port, it's a non-issue.

The 806 is an evolved 805.  CH doesn't reciprocate, & other things have been improved as well.  The 805 upper receiver was originally designed to use polymer, then CZ switched to aluminum, but they didn't change the dimensions to account for the difference in material strength coefficient, so the upper is thicker/heavier than it needs to be.  The 806 rectified this oversight, among other things.

If CZ releases a semi 806, I will most likely support their effort.  Not saying it's not a nice rifle, but I'm just no on board with the 805.  Call me if/when the 806 comes to town.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:33:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, I agree with some of that. Lets start with some pictures and you tell me what happened.

photo removed due to member complaint

No, that's not me but my gunsmithing buddy. Edited - photo of thumb damaged by reciprocating charging handle, just as Master-Blaster suggested, removed as it offended a regular member. Many and profuse apologies. That wasn't fun. However, everything ELSE was great fun. WAY too crowded, had to squeeze between benches to shoot. ONly had a few rounds, but what I did shoot worked perfectly. Rifle functioned flawlessly, even with a thumb in the way. ;) Accurate at 100 yards, hit Thugly from the standing position, but I need to fine tune the sights, and get components to develop a load. This was VERY preliminary, but fun. And, as you can see, when I got home I cleaned and swapped the bolt handle from one side to the other. Absolutely only thing I would possibly add would be a left side bolt release.
To answer one question, the weight/ balance felt just fine, no issues. A co-worker was there and he liked that trigger as well. The trigger doesn't feel like any military rifle I have ever fired, sweet and butter smooth. Loved it.

The 806 isn't scheduled to be coming in any time soon. I doubt they will consider it if the 805 does poorly, but it seems to be flying off the shelves faster than it can get there. Who knows - we never expected to see the Scorpion or the BREN in the US, either. All in all, I'm liking this rifle.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 8:56:45 PM EDT
[#14]
How much do those run?
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:05:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Reciprocating CH along the rail is an injury just waiting to happen.  Located at the ejection port, it's a non-issue.

The 806 is an evolved 805.  CH doesn't reciprocate, & other things have been improved as well.  The 805 upper receiver was originally designed to use polymer, then CZ switched to aluminum, but they didn't change the dimensions to account for the difference in material strength coefficient, so the upper is thicker/heavier than it needs to be.  The 806 rectified this oversight, among other things.

If CZ releases a semi 806, I will most likely support their effort.  Not saying it's not a nice rifle, but I'm just no on board with the 805.  Call me if/when the 806 comes to town.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope you enjoy it, OP!

This reads like hands-on experience with both the 805 and 806. Did you shoot them side-by-side to determine all of that?
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 12:32:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Since OP will NOT answer where he obtained the carbine it's best to ignore his posts especially the issue with the extremity.That belongs on another website.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 12:43:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Since OP will NOT answer where he obtained the carbine it's best to ignore his posts especially the issue with the extremity.That belongs on another website.  
View Quote

Came from CZ-USA. Ignore me if you wish - my feelings aren't hurt.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 1:00:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Edited-joker581
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 1:12:43 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm not sure where he got his from, but deguns had about 10 in stock on Tuesday or Wednesday. I ordered one and it should be here tomorrow.  And I believe CZ USA direct shipped the first batch to their first responder program members, which may explain how he got it early.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 1:15:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm not sure where he got his from, but deguns had about 10 in stock on Tuesday or Wednesday. I ordered one and it should be here tomorrow.  And I believe CZ USA direct shipped the first batch to their first responder program members, which may explain how he got it early.
View Quote

Appreciate the information. Thank you. OP is this just too much to ask? I guess it is.
tcommack, good find. Their out now.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 1:35:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Edited-joker581]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Edited-joker581]

I answered you with the EXACT TRUTH, and you chose to add insults again. Please continue to enjoy your life, sir, and also note I deleted that picture because it apparently offended you twice now. See, still trying to be friendly and nice, even in the face of insults and profanity. Feels like I'm at work again.

And I believe CZ USA direct shipped the first batch to their first responder program members, which may explain how he got it early.

The truth will set you free. :)
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 1:42:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
How much do those run?
View Quote

The FDE version MSRP is $2099, $1999 for regular blued version. When supply stabilizes I expect prices to dip somewhat.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 2:10:05 AM EDT
[#23]
What bullcrap. Instead of just answering a simple question you quote from some other thread. (Never did find the First responder)  I'll make this clear like the only other thread on this page. I'm go to sit back and watch. You have an inferior product NOT the 806 2. Thanks for convincing me to avoid this product like the plague. CZ has really screwed up by letting you do their PR. Hope they and you are proud of yourselves.
Fixing to buy a Ruger SR556 Takedown.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 2:24:01 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

What bullcrap. Instead of just answering a simple question you quote from some other thread. (Never did find the First responder)  I'll make this clear like the only other thread on this page. I'm go to sit back and watch. You have an inferior product NOT the 806 2. Thanks for convincing me to avoid this product like the plague. CZ has really screwed up by letting you do their PR. Hope they and you are proud of yourselves.

View Quote
Chill out

Link Posted: 4/25/2016 7:41:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2016 8:28:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol. You must be slow.  He told you where it came from.  And somebody else answered your follow up question.  Fwiw, cz will not be selling the 806 to us in the foreeable future.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 9:26:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Kind of looks like a SCAR.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 12:03:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Easy on misc.

If an injured thumb offends him, and multiple attempts to communicate information to him are unsuccessful he may just not be able to handle an adult conversation and we could lose a potentially valuable member......

Anyway, neat looking rifle.  Too expensive for me though, I'm "cheap".

Get some more .223 ammo and shoot some groups and take some pictures to share.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 1:57:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This reads like hands-on experience with both the 805 and 806. Did you shoot them side-by-side to determine all of that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope you enjoy it, OP!

Here's 1 example: hands-on guy obstructs CH with his thumb & causes a FTF.

Also, Google-fu, reading, & shit:

Source: TFB

...the second model Bren is an expected development. The Bren 805 rifle was originally designed for a polymer upper receiver, something that shows in its contours, which appear more well-suited to injection molding than milling. At some point in development, the material was changed to aluminum, but the receiver’s dimensions were not, resulting in an expensive and heavy assembly. The new rifle has an upper receiver apparently designed for aluminum from the start, which certainly brings the weight down, and mostly likely also greatly reduces cost.

Note in the strained Google translation in the 3rd paragraph, just below the 2nd photo, the statement about the non-reciprocating CH on the 806.

If CZ brings the 806 stateside, I will vote my approval via wallet.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Note in the strained Google translation in the 3rd paragraph, just below the 2nd photo, the statement about the non-reciprocating CH on the 806.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope you enjoy it, OP!

Source: TFB

...the second model Bren is an expected development. The Bren 805 rifle was originally designed for a polymer upper receiver, something that shows in its contours, which appear more well-suited to injection molding than milling. At some point in development, the material was changed to aluminum, but the receiver’s dimensions were not, resulting in an expensive and heavy assembly. The new rifle has an upper receiver apparently designed for aluminum from the start, which certainly brings the weight down, and mostly likely also greatly reduces cost.

Exactly my point... I had already read that blog post from TFB - and then read your "post" in this thread in which you more or less lifted that entire paragraph from that guy's review without citing it (that you have sinced attributed). Clearly, my rhetorical question and subsequent sarcasm was missed.

We can all use Google to find official reviews. No one is debating whether or not the 806 is updated - that's a fact. ARFCOM is as useful as it is because most guys who post informal reviews in a tech forum actually OWN, or in the very least have shot, what they are posting about.

And to that point, I've put about 500 rounds through mine since the weekend and have not run into the reciprocating handle once. If you shoot it correctly, which can be done, it's a non-issue.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 3:26:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

What are you gibbering about? No one is impressed by your posting.

Armoredman runs the CZ forum. Either he has connections and got that direct from CZ as a review/promotional offer or direct sale for mil/le/etc.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 3:40:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Exactly my point... I had already read that blog post from TFB - and then read your "post" in this thread in which you more or less lifted that entire paragraph from that guy's review without citing it (that you have sinced attributed). Clearly, my rhetorical question and subsequent sarcasm was missed.

We can all use Google to find official reviews. No one is debating whether or not the 806 is updated - that's a fact. ARFCOM is as useful as it is because most guys who post informal reviews in a tech forum actually OWN, or in the very least have shot, what they are posting about.

And to that point, I've put about 500 rounds through mine since the weekend and have not run into the reciprocating handle once. If you shoot it correctly, which can be done, it's a non-issue.
View Quote

Perhaps you can clarify why I need to cite something I didn't directly quote...

Feel free to vote with your wallet.  I certainly do.  I stated a simple fact & threw in some personal opinion.  Public forums are a bitch like that.

It's great that you aren't finding the location of the CH an issue.  CZ sees it as an issue, based on end-user feedback.  It's just a fact.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 5:02:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Pardon me, but the reason I mentioned the charging handle issue to me is two reasons. I can't believe I was that dumb and I have no trouble poking fun at myself to make a point. I've lived long enough that I don't really care that much, as long as I get the message out, be careful. Not one other person who shot the rifle had any issues whatsoever, and everyone enjoyed it. I've been shooting the heck out of my Scorpion for quite some time and the setup has the flashlight high and to the left, and I've been training my thumb to sit right behind the tail cap...right where the BREN charging handle is. Oops. My bad. Now I swapped the charging handle to the opposite side, AK/vz-58 style, and I'll retrain to use it over there. Also, every round I fired AFTER that thumb buster was without issue, as I paid more attention to where I put my thumb! Also the other reason I put that in there is Master_Blaster brought up a valid point that I was expanding on, as it did personally happen to me. Even when I disagree with a person's overall opinion, I can still agree with portions of it that I find truthful without losing my mind. Lost that years ago, anyway, the day I said "I Do"...
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted: Get some more .223 ammo and shoot some groups and take some pictures to share.
View Quote

I wanted to do that today, but the wind is out of control - rolling trash cans across the street and dusty conditions that remind some souls of sandboxes across the seas. Perhaps next weekend.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 5:25:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because plagiarism (ideas that didn't originate from you) isn't limited to quotes. The use of TFB info was as blatant as it was obvious. Bored with this clarification - off to rip my horseshit 805.

ETA: at least the bold threat was... original
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 5:35:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Such a cool looking gun.

But that stock seriously makes me gag.

I know, I know, function over form, guns are tools, whatever.    If they could pretty up the ass end of that thing, I would need one.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 5:55:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

JFC, unrustle your damn jimmies
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 6:55:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Such a cool looking gun.

I know, I know, function over form, guns are tools, whatever.    If they could pretty up the ass end of that thing, I would need one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Such a cool looking gun.

I took some detail photos of the stock for others in case they wanted a closer look at what made you unhappy. I am asking seriously, what about it don't you like?

I really don't know what other stocks could fit on here, but I am told that Manticore might be working on some accessories, perhaps a stock adapter.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 8:51:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I took some detail photos of the stock for others in case they wanted a closer look at what made you unhappy. I am asking seriously, what about it don't you like?

<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/user/armoredman/media/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20left%20side%20open_zpst7bajb2t.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20left%20side%20open_zpst7bajb2t.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/user/armoredman/media/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20right%20side%20open._zpsslskgs3a.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20right%20side%20open._zpsslskgs3a.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/user/armoredman/media/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20folded_zpsicpdfgye.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20folded_zpsicpdfgye.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/user/armoredman/media/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20hinge%20detail_zps0urhxjyt.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20hinge%20detail_zps0urhxjyt.jpg</a>

I really don't know what other stocks could fit on here, but I am told that Manticore might be working on some accessories, perhaps a stock adapter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Such a cool looking gun.

<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/user/armoredman/media/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20left%20side%20open_zpst7bajb2t.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20left%20side%20open_zpst7bajb2t.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/user/armoredman/media/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20right%20side%20open._zpsslskgs3a.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20right%20side%20open._zpsslskgs3a.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/user/armoredman/media/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20folded_zpsicpdfgye.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20folded_zpsicpdfgye.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/user/armoredman/media/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20hinge%20detail_zps0urhxjyt.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20hinge%20detail_zps0urhxjyt.jpg</a>

Pics aren't showing up for me
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 8:58:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Sorry, they look fine at this end.    Photobucket hosting.
Edit to add, everything quit showing at Photobucket for me now, not sure what's going on.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 9:23:48 PM EDT
[#41]
For those who were asking, a VERY fast search led to one FDE BREN found for sale.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=554340208
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 9:49:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Something going on with photobucket.  Some of my pics are showing up on other forums and some are not.  When I got to photobucket it just clocks endlessly and won't show me the pics in my folder.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 10:18:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Did a Google search for "photobucket down" and it seems the site itself has crashed. Oh well.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:15:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Did a Google search for "photobucket down" and it seems the site itself has crashed. Oh well.
View Quote

Works now. G2G
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:30:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Well, that's nice. So, back to where I was, Priapus Maxiumus, (nice dig at an old Roman fertility god, there), is this the same stock?
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 4:11:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Because plagiarism (ideas that didn't originate from you) isn't limited to quotes. The use of TFB info was as blatant as it was obvious. Bored with this clarification - off to rip my horseshit 805.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Clarification"?  Plagerism specifically meant passing off someone else's work as your own.  Prince died recently.  I just told you that without quoting a source.  Is that "plagerism"?  You have a long list of members to call out.

I didn't claim the information about the 805 originated from me, & the information itself originates from CZ, not TFB.  Maybe you better get a handle on the meaning of terms before using them in ignorance.  Look up the definition of libel while you're at it.

Get your facts straight, & don't you ever pull a stupid accusational stunt like this again, or else it goes outside this forum.  Consider yourself warned.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:21:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:50:44 AM EDT
[#48]
I have been toying with the idea of SBRing one of the 805 pistols. Quite a few well under 1500.00 on GB.

The only thing I hate about them is the huge WARNING, read your manual blah blah gayness engraved on the side. WTF CZ?

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:59:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I have been toying with the idea of SBRing one of the 805 pistols. Quite a few well under 1500.00 on GB.

The only thing I hate about them is the huge WARNING, read your manual blah blah gayness engraved on the side. WTF CZ?

View Quote

I may have stated my opinion about it, but it's JMO.  If it lights your fire & you have the means, then live while you're alive.  Consider the political climate & the potential outcome of the upcoming POTUS election.  I did & fo'ed x6 on NFA items.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:55:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Sweet new rifle OP.  I just watched one of MAC's reviews one it and really want one.  I have more wants than money.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top