Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 32
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 9:57:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Reaching the safety lever issue can be remedied by installing the large backstrap (when available) from CZ...for me...it put it at the same plane almost as an AR.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 10:59:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Customizing the CZ Bren 805 to make it look more authentic!
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 7:48:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I tried the Evo sights on mine with the skeleton stock and a low mounted optic. It's a lower 1/3rd cowitness but they obscure the sight picture a little more than I would like. I'm gonna eventually spring for Troys.

If anyone wants a set of Evo sights, hit me up.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I tried the Evo sights on mine with the skeleton stock and a low mounted optic. It's a lower 1/3rd cowitness but they obscure the sight picture a little more than I would like. I'm gonna eventually spring for Troys.

If anyone wants a set of Evo sights, hit me up.
View Quote
Pm sent
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 10:08:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for posting that. Makes me need one even more. But I'm not sure if I should get the pistol or rifle..
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 11:38:28 PM EDT
[#6]
@Manticore_Arms

Can the Bren be fired while the SB brace is in the folding position?

From the pics it doesn't look like it

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 12:12:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 12:22:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
e ammo type and gas setting- as I recall

As I recall it will depend on the individual gun and possibly the ammo type and gas setting.  
View Quote
What impact would that have on the ejection port being covered?
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 11:38:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks for posting that. Makes me need one even more. But I'm not sure if I should get the pistol or rifle..
View Quote
Thats the debate I keep having, do I go with the pistol and add a brace or go with the rifle? Are there pro or cons to either one?
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 2:25:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thats the debate I keep having, do I go with the pistol and add a brace or go with the rifle? Are there pro or cons to either one?
View Quote
I'd you're not going to SBR, get the carbine. But not everyone feels the same way about it as I do. I got the pistol because I mailed a form 1 two weeks ago. Idgaf about needing it loaded in the truck or crossing state lines with a scary SBR. I want that short barrel and a real stock
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I order a FDE carbine on Sunday. Now I'm impatiently waiting for it to arrive at my FFL.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 3:50:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I order a FDE carbine on Sunday. Now I'm impatiently waiting for it to arrive at my FFL.
View Quote
I'm not bringing mine to cwse because it won't have a stock yet. I hope you're bringing yours!
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:21:19 PM EDT
[#13]
What is everyone’s opinion on the iron sights on the gen 2 Bren 805?  To me they seem like decent sights, but they are a real bear to open and close.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:42:37 PM EDT
[#14]
They are a back up sight...therefore...they serve that purpose just fine. I personally rather have a sight that is a bit more tight so it doesn't flop around like some can.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 12:04:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They are a back up sight...therefore...they serve that purpose just fine. I personally rather have a sight that is a bit more tight so it doesn't flop around like some can.
View Quote
Good point.  Some models of BUIS do have far too much play in them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 12:10:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is true until you have to deploy them in a high stress situation
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 12:56:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Considering how many gun battles I've been in, I'm not worried about iron sights. None of my AR's have them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 11:29:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:49:07 AM EDT
[#19]
The BUIS on the BREN 805 I have are a HUGE pain to deploy, but are pretty damn tough and did the job for me just fine while I was getting an RDS. I'm fine with them, but I have only the experience with them, nowhere else do I have a long gun with back up iron sights. The other ones are irons only!
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 9:22:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This is true until you have to deploy them in a high stress situation
View Quote
I am awaiting to hear what high stress situation you will encounter that will require a rapid deployment of the BUIS as a civilian.

I understand where you are coming from but lets be real...if you are running a RDS...you should already have the front at least up...if you are running a LPV scope...rapid deployment of the BUIS goes out the window....if you do not have optics at all...than your irons should already be in the GO position.

If you have an optic go down and you are in the fight...you dont stop and jack with it...you transition to your secondary...if the distance is too long for secondary (pistol)...you find cover to check your gear so you can properly assess...however this is why you spend good money on optics so the chances of an optic going down is slim...however many will spend $1500+ on a rifle only to cheap out to a non-duty spec optic...if you are running a Chinese or Vortex or etc type optics...then yes...you need to selll the BREN's irons and go with MBUS...because your optic has a much higher chance of going down in a fight.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 10:39:02 AM EDT
[#21]
What are you guys using as far as slings and sling mounts?
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 12:07:44 PM EDT
[#22]
As civilians, aren't the majority of our guns tor the rare what if scenario?
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 1:40:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't need a reason to exercise a right
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:02:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
So are you saying that on that rare what if scenario...you are worried about deploying your BUIS?

Like I said...I can understand the worry about a quick BUIS deployment if you are running subpar optics and deep inside you know you can't trust it...but BUIS are exactly that...back up...
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:03:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
BFG U Loop on the front....QD mount on my ACR stock...utilizing a BFG Vickers Sling.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 4:22:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm not bringing mine to cwse because it won't have a stock yet. I hope you're bringing yours!
View Quote
Sorry bro, no SE or West for me this year. Can't afford to make it to SE and my time off request for West got rejected. Going to be a long year.....
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 12:40:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have the CZ-USA sold three point sling installed -works quite well, for a guy who has never used one before. We didn't have those when I was in the service.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 12:43:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I am awaiting to hear what high stress situation you will encounter that will require a rapid deployment of the BUIS as a civilian.

I understand where you are coming from but lets be real...if you are running a RDS...you should already have the front at least up...if you are running a LPV scope...rapid deployment of the BUIS goes out the window....if you do not have optics at all...than your irons should already be in the GO position.

If you have an optic go down and you are in the fight...you dont stop and jack with it...you transition to your secondary...if the distance is too long for secondary (pistol)...you find cover to check your gear so you can properly assess...however this is why you spend good money on optics so the chances of an optic going down is slim...however many will spend $1500+ on a rifle only to cheap out to a non-duty spec optic...if you are running a Chinese or Vortex or etc type optics...then yes...you need to selll the BREN's irons and go with MBUS...because your optic has a much higher chance of going down in a fight.
View Quote
While I technically agree with you, I have a low cost red dot because the rifle ran me out of cash. I don't anticipate being involved in any serious fire fights with my BREN 805, but Bushnell has worked quite well for me for years, specifically the TRS-25, (never failed on three different long guns, worked better than the EOTech I got rid of), and the one I have on the BREN, the TRS-32. Someday I will be able to get something better, but for right now I'm good with it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 9:37:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Yeah in your situation...having a low-quality red dot...rapid BUIS might make more sense...in a way...however I'd tell you to sell the TRS32...and get a Blitzkreig Chevron Front Sight post Link and just run keep the factory, robust-tank BUIS  deployed full time until you can get a nicer RDS.

In my opinion...having the TRS32 on a range gun is fine...but if your BREN is part of your home defense load...that optic is more of a liability than anything. Bushnell probably has maybe $10 cost in that optic...if that...Just my 2 cents.

Shot...you dont have to spend huge amounts...I've got used aimpoints when I was strapped for cash for under $200 at times.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 7:34:41 PM EDT
[#30]
I don't recall seeing this answered anywhere in this thread...

How do I mount my direct thread supressor on the 14x1LH threaded barrel?  I have a SiCo Omega with an aftermarket 14x1LH direct thread adapter.  I know not to use crush washers, but the Bren has some sort of nut, then a crush washer and finally the flash hider/brake.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 7:53:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

How do I mount my direct thread supressor on the 14x1LH threaded barrel?  I have a SiCo Omega with an aftermarket 14x1LH direct thread adapter.  I know not to use crush washers, but the Bren has some sort of nut, then a crush washer and finally the flash hider/brake.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
View Quote
Go back to page 19 and look at my pics. I had my gunsmith make me a threaded spacer, so I could have something for my MD to index off of.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 8:05:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Thanks!
View Quote
I don't understand why you can't just thread that sucker up tight to the shoulder,  however I'm not familiar with the metric threaded brens
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:05:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Go back to page 19 and look at my pics. I had my gunsmith make me a threaded spacer, so I could have something for my MD to index off of.
View Quote
@TATBME

Thank you for the reply, your solution looks like what I need.  Do you think your gunsmith would be willing to make another "threaded sleeve with a shoulder" and if so may I have his/her contact information.  I would like get this project completed asap.  PM me if you'd prefer.  Thanks again
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:11:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

@TATBME

Thank you for the reply, your solution looks like what I need.  Do you think your gunsmith would be willing to make another "threaded sleeve with a shoulder" and if so may I have his/her contact information.  I would like get this project completed asap.  PM me if you'd prefer.  Thanks again
View Quote
@rdb2403 He charged $50 to make those, that was 2 years ago. I’d have to get in contact with him to see if he’s still doing it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:18:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

@rdb2403 He charged $50 to make those, that was 2 years ago. I’d have to get in contact with him to see if he’s still doing it.
View Quote
I'd appreciate it, thanks...

edit, I'm in SW MO if that matters...
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 3:16:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Finally pulling the trigger myself.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 9:11:36 AM EDT
[#37]
I got mine yesterday. I'd handled it before, so nothing came as a real surprise, but after messing with it for a while, I've definitely noticed the weight.

Trying to figure out where/how to position the Aimpoint (ACO) so that the mount screw and the charging handle don't interfere with one another.

The factory irons are nice, the white dots were an unexpected touch I never noticed. They're way too tall though. This thing needs some Troy Micros or HK416 sights or something. The model I handled had the low style scorpion sights. Will likely be throwing those up in the EE.

Having trouble figuring out where to put the flashlight also. I normally use TD offset mounts, but it doesn't do too well on the top rail space-wise. Might have to use a ring mount on the right side and add a rail over there.

I currently have a Maxim PDW brace on it but I'm not quite sure I like that option. Debating between the Shockwave blade (seems the most durable) and the SBT805 folder (looks nice, but it seems flimsier)
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 12:18:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I got mine yesterday. I'd handled it before, so nothing came as a real surprise, but after messing with it for a while, I've definitely noticed the weight.

Trying to figure out where/how to position the Aimpoint (ACO) so that the mount screw and the charging handle don't interfere with one another.

The factory irons are nice, the white dots were an unexpected touch I never noticed. They're way too tall though. This thing needs some Troy Micros or HK416 sights or something. The model I handled had the low style scorpion sights. Will likely be throwing those up in the EE.

Having trouble figuring out where to put the flashlight also. I normally use TD offset mounts, but it doesn't do too well on the top rail space-wise. Might have to use a ring mount on the right side and add a rail over there.

I currently have a Maxim PDW brace on it but I'm not quite sure I like that option. Debating between the Shockwave blade (seems the most durable) and the SBT805 folder (looks nice, but it seems flimsier)
View Quote
Flip the mount around so that the screw is on the opposite side as the CH.

Lets you put the scope where it best suits you.

AJ
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 8:49:37 PM EDT
[#39]
I've had my Bren for a few days now. With everyone bitching about the weight, I was quite surprised when I picked mine up and realized it's a little unbalanced but the weight is a real non issue. Also, to those complaining about deploying the BUIS, you realize they flip up without depressing the button? The ones on my rifle are very easy to deploy and lock up solid.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 11:27:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have a Shockwave on a Mk18ish AR, I like it a lot.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Just noticed, it looks like the Bud's raised the price on the pistols to over $1500. Guess I will wait a little longer for the price to come back down to sub ~$1200.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 12:14:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
When I got my Bren, I felt it was unbalanced and heavy, HOWEVER, after I cut the barrel down to 14" and replaced the stock with the CZ skeleton/A-1 stock, it totally changed the feeling of the gun. The skeleton stock is 8.5oz lighter than the factory stock the gun ships with.

I also got rid of the heavy flip up sights and run a T-1. I think the gun feels very well balanced.

As for the charging handle, either mount the optic farther back or flip the mount around. I have a ADM low mount for my T-1 flipped around and I've never scraped a knuckle.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:56:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I've had my Bren for a few days now. With everyone bitching about the weight, I was quite surprised when I picked mine up and realized it's a little unbalanced but the weight is a real non issue. Also, to those complaining about deploying the BUIS, you realize they flip up without depressing the button? The ones on my rifle are very easy to deploy and lock up solid.
View Quote
This is good to know about the BUIS.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:59:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Just noticed, it looks like the Bud's raised the price on the pistols to over $1500. Guess I will wait a little longer for the price to come back down to sub ~$1200.
View Quote
They are on Gunbroker for around $1200
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:11:20 PM EDT
[#45]
So far I like it. Little heavy, but I'll trade weight for durability, and this gun exudes that. I'll have to invest in a side rail to allow a light mount, and a canted charging handle to clear the scope mount, otherwise it's pretty much set. I paid $1143 shipped from Buds

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So far I like it. Little heavy, but I'll trade weight for durability, and this gun exudes that. I'll have to invest in a side rail to allow a light mount, and a canted charging handle to clear the scope mount, otherwise it's pretty much set. I paid $1143 shipped from Buds

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/348209/CZ2-464640.JPG
View Quote
Nice setup. Are you able to fully collapse the Maxim brace on the Bren? I thought the gun was too wide for it so I'm using a Shockwave on mine.

I think you have me changing my mind.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Nice setup. Are you able to fully collapse the Maxim brace on the Bren? I thought the gun was too wide for it so I'm using a Shockwave on mine.

I think you have me changing my mind.
View Quote
Nope that's as tight as it gets. It will extend further, but that's as far as it collapses. I had the PDW brace laying around without a host so I figured I'd try it. I liked the look so I chopped the buffer tube and capped it, now it acts as storage for the light/aimpoint batteries.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 7:39:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Nope that's as tight as it gets. It will extend further, but that's as far as it collapses. I had the PDW brace laying around without a host so I figured I'd try it. I liked the look so I chopped the buffer tube and capped it, now it acts as storage for the light/aimpoint batteries.
View Quote
@GTHKTX

Can you take a picture from the bottom showing how close the rods are on the receiver
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 7:53:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
@GTHKTX

Can you take a picture from the bottom showing how close the rods are on the receiver
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@GTHKTX

I'll take one when I get home if I don't get pulled in another direction by the toddlers ha

For what its worth, no amount of dremeling or modification would make it work. Its way fatter than an AR receiver
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:50:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top