Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 32
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 3:17:14 PM EDT
[#1]
long thread so pardon me if this has been asked and answered... on the 2016 pistol, would an ASR mount with a saker 762 require modification, or would you be able to just mount a 5.56 flashhider safely?

This is the exact Bren I purchased, it should be here Tuesday

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/CZ-805-Bren-10-5-FDE-with-SB-Tactical-Folding-Brace-New/93-1716002/
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 8:23:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
long thread so pardon me if this has been asked and answered... on the 2016 pistol, would an ASR mount with a saker 762 require modification, or would you be able to just mount a 5.56 flashhider safely?

This is the exact Bren I purchased, it should be here Tuesday

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/CZ-805-Bren-10-5-FDE-with-SB-Tactical-Folding-Brace-New/93-1716002/
View Quote
I think that has a 1/2-28 threading if its a 2016 model.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 4:46:25 AM EDT
[#3]
FDE should have 1/2-28 threads. Also they changed to the flip up sights.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:20:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
FDE should have 1/2-28 threads. Also they changed to the flip up sights.
View Quote
I know the threads are 1/2x28... is the barrel good to go for mounting an ASR or do I need it modified to seat the ASR properly?
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 9:39:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I think I'm in love!

Link Posted: 1/2/2018 9:51:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Really wish they added a damn bolt release.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 6:03:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Here is something I never got. Why spend near $2000 on a firearm to then only use a subpar optic. MROs and Aimpoint PROs arent that expensive anymore. Shoot...get a Vortex
View Quote
Because I ended up spending a lot of money on my family medical expenses. So I got what I could get. It works. Heck, I had better luck with my Bushnell TRS-25 than I had with my EOTech years ago -m the EOTEch went bye-bye and the Bushnell still works. Hopefully that answered your question?
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 1:41:04 PM EDT
[#8]
What ever happened to the 300 blackout Bren’s? Back when they were anounced I called CZ USA and a guy told me they should start shipping Q2 2017. I didn’t want to wait any longer to get SBR paperwork going so I ordered 5.56, really glad I did now. Anyone heard anything on that?
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 10:44:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What ever happened to the 300 blackout Bren's? Back when they were anounced I called CZ USA and a guy told me they should start shipping Q2 2017. I didn't want to wait any longer to get SBR paperwork going so I ordered 5.56, really glad I did now. Anyone heard anything on that?
View Quote
Man, I completely forgot about those! Gone from the website. Wonder if they actually ever delivered any?

Would be super curious to know if anyone here ever got a factory 300 BLK Bren, 'cause it's probably a unicorn now.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 12:32:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I know Sig went through a lot of R&D to make the piston setup run 300 BO reliably.  Maybe they, CZ, were having issues with it.  Or maybe found it wasn't worth it.  Or maybe....just maybe they said screw it, we are releasing the Bren 2 soon enough, and we would sell more Bren 2's than we will ever sell 805's in 300BO.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 1:34:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Shoot I didn’t notice they vanished from the CZ USA website. Probably not a good sign there. I kept a watchful eye out on gunbroker & other websites that had them listed for sale but out of stock and never actually saw one come up for sale anywhere. That would be sweet if it was nixed due to expediting bringing the Bren 2 over. Who knows, maybe they will sell the conversion barrels sometime down the road.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 2:19:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I know Sig went through a lot of R&D to make the piston setup run 300 BO reliably.  Maybe they, CZ, were having issues with it.  Or maybe found it wasn't worth it.  Or maybe....just maybe they said screw it, we are releasing the Bren 2 soon enough, and we would sell more Bren 2's than we will ever sell 805's in 300BO.  
View Quote
People don't realize its hard to get an existing piston driven gun to run .300 blk reliably suppressed, unsuppressed, super sonic and subsonic.  It's not easy.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 5:02:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
People don't realize its hard to get an existing piston driven gun to run .300 blk reliably suppressed, unsuppressed, super sonic and subsonic.  It's not easy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep, as much as we all like to bash Sig, there is a reason that MCX has went through as many generations as it has.  The gas system has changed IIRC, three times.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 5:11:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yep, as much as we all like to bash Sig, there is a reason that MCX has went through as many generations as it has.  The gas system has changed IIRC, three times.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its also why RRA is struggling with the PDS and getting is to suppress.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 7:51:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
As well as Bushmaster with the conversions for the ACR. Getting these things to work reliably requires a ton of effort for a market that really isn’t that big.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#16]
MAC said on his live chat to not expect the Bren 2 (806), to be released this year FYI.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 10:08:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
MAC said on his live chat to not expect the Bren 2 (806), to be released this year FYI.
View Quote
Well ain't that a bitch.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 4:16:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Sources say, not likely at all. However, when the US factory comes on line there is no way of knowing what they will be tooling up to produce.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 8:09:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 10:07:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 7:58:10 PM EDT
[#22]
That's not surprising. I think the only hope was for Christmas 2018 if at all. Maybe they will introduce it at SHOT 2019 for a summer release. They posted some full auto 806's on their instagram awhile back so they must be making enough of them.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 11:57:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Really is not a big deal a deal as people think. Your hand is right under charging handle when loading fresh mags.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 12:16:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Most steel cased ammo is using a 'bimetal' jacket bullet. Which is just a very soft steel jacket that has been copper washed.

Some testing shows increased bore wear from ammo of this type. The propellant used may also be a contributing factor.

YMMV.

Edit to add:
The most quoted test:
https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/brass-vs-steel-cased-ammo/
View Quote
Not a realistic test. They shot mag dump after mag dump. What removes the rifling was the excessive heat caused in extremes that nobody will ever put their rifle through. It wasn't Wolf ammo that shot out the barrel. It was thousands of rounds non-stop and rapidly. Getting the barrels up to 750 degrees. Nobody will ever do that. Even your average rifle course is going to be an entire day and 500 rounds, with controlled fire and not mag dumps.

You can use any Wolf or Tula ammo without worry. And don't use that Lucky Gunner link as a reference to anything realistic. It wasn't realistic at all.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 3:38:26 AM EDT
[#25]
If I am not mistaken...and I can't find the source to quote on it BUT CZ has mentioned that IF the 806 hits US shores, it will not be until '19! And it seems to be a big "IF"!
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#26]
My large backstrap shipped...should be here this week...ill update once I get it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 11:28:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Not a realistic test. They shot mag dump after mag dump. What removes the rifling was the excessive heat caused in extremes that nobody will ever put their rifle through. It wasn't Wolf ammo that shot out the barrel. It was thousands of rounds non-stop and rapidly. Getting the barrels up to 750 degrees. Nobody will ever do that. Even your average rifle course is going to be an entire day and 500 rounds, with controlled fire and not mag dumps.

You can use any Wolf or Tula ammo without worry. And don't use that Lucky Gunner link as a reference to anything realistic. It wasn't realistic at all.
View Quote
The testing being exaggerated to accelerate the results doesn’t mean the results are inaccurate. Given identical conditions,  bimetallic jackets will wear your barrel faster than copper. That’s pretty basic physics.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:38:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
While I agree with him, I think his reasoning is a little flawed. Sure, they're delivering them to military sales which is first priority, but the civilian ones are different guns for many parts. It's just a matter of how much capacity CZ has total. If they got a big 806 contract, it'll affect a lot of guns now just civie 806's.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:39:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
I do wonder if people would accept Ruger's compromise? Subsonic works with silencer, but hit or miss without.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 3:32:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Pulled my Bren barrel yesterday and placed order with ADCO for chop to 14.1" with AAC 51t blackout. Also ordered a set of Troy Micros to go with the ADM low T-1 mount and the military skeleton stock.

I would post pics but Photobucket doesn't want me too anymore. If anyone knows how to post without Photobucket please let me know.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 4:16:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I would post pics but Photobucket doesn't want me too anymore. If anyone knows how to post without Photobucket please let me know.
View Quote
Imgur
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 5:29:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

While I agree with him, I think his reasoning is a little flawed. Sure, they're delivering them to military sales which is first priority, but the civilian ones are different guns for many parts. It's just a matter of how much capacity CZ has total. If they got a big 806 contract, it'll affect a lot of guns now just civie 806's.
View Quote
It’s hard for CZ to keep up with demand, their facility just doesn’t have the capacity to do so. With them building the 806 for military applications, it’ll take them a while before they could get to the US civilian market. Don’t forget that we have the shitty 922r compliance that burdens many companies.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 8:39:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Maybe CZ is slow playing it while seeing how the 805’s sell. Everyone convince all your friends to buy an 805, just in case.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 9:11:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Really is not a big deal a deal as people think. Your hand is right under charging handle when loading fresh mags.
View Quote
Agreed. Bolt release is not THAT big of a deal...many people make it out to be.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 9:12:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
US civilian market is like arming a large military force...I am just glad CZ decided to release the BREN.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 10:32:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The testing being exaggerated to accelerate the results doesn’t mean the results are inaccurate. Given identical conditions,  bimetallic jackets will wear your barrel faster than copper. That’s pretty basic physics.  
View Quote
Testing wasn't "exaggerated". It was not realistic and they are not accurate for normal use. Nobody shoots like that and it was the extreme heat generated by mag dump after mag dump that stripped the rifling. It's especially not accurate enough to ever tell someone if they use Wolf that their barrel will need replaced at 4K. If someone shoots 1000 rounds per year, bimetal bullets will not do much. If they shoot 1000 rounds per month, you might have accelerated wear. But it will still last well beyond 4K rounds.

Here, Chris from ARGT even states that average use of a CHF barrel with bimetal rounds is between 18-22K rounds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XXkNPlXKAI

He speaks from experience and also from many training classes.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 11:58:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Um, yes that's exactly what it means.  It means you cant rely on the test for any kind of result.  It was stupid test.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 5:04:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 3:44:44 PM EDT
[#39]
I guess the guy that had my BREN's lower installed the large backstrap already.

I have a spare large backstrap if anyone wants it...Here is a link to my ad: backstrap ad
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 7:21:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I guess the guy that had my BREN's lower installed the large backstrap already.

I have a spare large backstrap if anyone wants it...Here is a link to my ad: backstrap ad
View Quote
Annnnddddd email sent

ETA: payment sent!
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 7:07:40 PM EDT
[#41]
It is yours and packaged up ready to go.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 8:27:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, it does mean the test is invalid. Only long term testing under normal conditions is going to show truly accurate data; this is due to the heat buildup, causing the rifling to wear abnormally fast. That excess heat can cause issues with bimetal jackets, since the chrome becomes more malleable, and the bimetal jacket is harder than the copper or brass jacket. All this proves is that bimetal reduces barrel life, not how much of a reduction it is, which is of greater importance.

Under normal conditions, the difference in barrel life between the two ammunition types is far, far smaller. I'd say... 18,000 rnds VS 22,000 rounds? Something like that, before the weapon is incapable of holding 4 MOA.

Regardless, the cost difference at that round count is sufficient to get a couple replacement barrels.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 12:12:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Actually, it does mean the test is invalid. Only long term testing under normal conditions is going to show truly accurate data; this is due to the heat buildup, causing the rifling to wear abnormally fast. That excess heat can cause issues with bimetal jackets, since the chrome becomes more malleable, and the bimetal jacket is harder than the copper or brass jacket. All this proves is that bimetal reduces barrel life, not how much of a reduction it is, which is of greater importance.

Under normal conditions, the difference in barrel life between the two ammunition types is far, far smaller. I'd say... 18,000 rnds VS 22,000 rounds? Something like that, before the weapon is incapable of holding 4 MOA.

Regardless, the cost difference at that round count is sufficient to get a couple replacement barrels.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ironically your conclusion (That the cost difference between steel and brass cased allows you to afford another barrel or 2 or 3) is a point they solidly made in that article. I shoot a lot of steel cased ammo, but by no means do I think it's easier on my guns then most brass cased stuff.

At the end of the day, 99% of gun owners won't shoot enough to make a difference.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 8:56:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Double
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 9:11:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
what would you do with a bolt release that is so important?
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 5:57:42 PM EDT
[#46]
ACR stock adapter and manticore forend sitting at home. Bren ordered on Friday.  Just need to find me an ACR stock and order the rear head. Getting excited!
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 6:36:39 PM EDT
[#47]
I just scored a new CZ Bren 805 Pistol (2nd gen) on Gunbroker for $1240 shipped. Now I need to send off Form 1 for SBR!
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 9:52:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I just scored a new CZ Bren 805 Pistol (2nd gen) on Gunbroker for $1240 shipped. Now I need to send off Form 1 for SBR!
View Quote
Why didn't you get one from buds for 1179?
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 10:01:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Why didn't you get one from buds for 1179?
View Quote
Actually, with state sales tax and fuel/time to drive down there and back, it would have cost a little bit more.  I'm still ahead even after paying a small FFL transfer fee.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 10:57:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Which side are you guys running the charging handle on, and are you a righty or a lefty?
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top