BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 32
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 2:37:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Programming is being finished now and chips should be flying next week- they are a relatively short production run item compared to some of the other stuff we needed to make, so they got pushed back a few months while waiting for an open machine.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
Sounds good, please post here when they are available
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 2:38:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Programming is being finished now and chips should be flying next week- they are a relatively short production run item compared to some of the other stuff we needed to make, so they got pushed back a few months while waiting for an open machine.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
Sounds good, please post here when they are available* sorry ddouble post*
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 7:37:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Still no Bren 2?
View Quote
I'm still waiting for it.

Link Posted: 10/1/2017 3:07:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't expect anything before December 2018 at the earliest.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 9:15:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Local shop has had a cz bren 805 s1 carbine sitting on the shelf for a long time. Usually marked for 1879.99. Every time I go in to the store I play with it. Well today I went in and it was marked at 1599.99. Needless to say it will be in my safe within the next day or so. I finally put a deposit on it since it was on sale. Didn't have enough cash to pay for it up front and don't like buying on credit cards. Can't wait.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 10:45:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Local shop has had a cz bren 805 s1 carbine sitting on the shelf for a long time. Usually marked for 1879.99. Every time I go in to the store I play with it. Well today I went in and it was marked at 1599.99. Needless to say it will be in my safe within the next day or so. I finally put a deposit on it since it was on sale. Didn't have enough cash to pay for it up front and don't like buying on credit cards. Can't wait.
View Quote
Waiting on mine right now. Bought it here on the EE and currently waiting on our FFL holders to get their paperwork to each other.  Absolutely stir crazy waiting for this thing so I can see what the fuss is about. I can't remember the last time ive seen a firearm get such universal rave reviews.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 12:17:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 10:33:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

We are kicking around some ideas on a way to cover the gas block, but there are not enough guns on the market to justify the tooling and overhead for an extended forend.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
I would like to see more stock adaptors and stock options for the 805 personally.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I would like to see more stock adaptors and stock options for the 805 personally.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are kicking around some ideas on a way to cover the gas block, but there are not enough guns on the market to justify the tooling and overhead for an extended forend.

Sven
Manticore Arms
This, and sling options.

Still waiting on the folding arm brace.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 4:42:31 PM EDT
[#10]
If anyone wants a folding brace, there is plenty of material in the pistol rear adapter to mill it flat and drill two 10-32 holes for the mounting of a folding hinge, which you can mount a pistol tube to.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 9:24:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If anyone wants a folding brace, there is plenty of material in the pistol rear adapter to mill it flat and drill two 10-32 holes for the mounting of a folding hinge, which you can mount a pistol tube to.
View Quote
For me, I would like to see some different style stocks. Does anyone make an AR15 buffer tube adapter for the Bren? There are tons of AR stocks to choose from. I have seen where someone had an ace folder on a bren but I never figured out how it was done and where to get the parts to use it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 12:11:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

For me, I would like to see some different style stocks. Does anyone make an AR15 buffer tube adapter for the Bren? There are tons of AR stocks to choose from. I have seen where someone had an ace folder on a bren but I never figured out how it was done and where to get the parts to use it.
View Quote
I have the ACE on mine. I took the pistol trunnion and made it flat. The drilled and tapped two 10-32 holes to mount the folding hinge.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 7:35:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms
And then it's on to hand guard extensions, right? Right? RIGHT? 

Sven
Manticore Arms
Well you have one more to add to someone who would be interested in in an extended handguard. Just picked up my rifle a few days ago.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:11:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I have the ACE on mine. I took the pistol trunnion and made it flat. The drilled and tapped two 10-32 holes to mount the folding hinge.
View Quote
That's a great idea! No wonder I never thought about that..lol
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 3:24:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 2:57:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Pic dump since most of them were lost with the photo bucket  debacle.

Link Posted: 10/10/2017 5:16:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 9:59:17 PM EDT
[#18]
That's great. :)
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 10:05:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Again the BREN does a great job for me. Mine is, of course, extremely low tech with cheap optics, (Bushnell TRS-32 5MOA red dot), and the CZ supplied three point sling, which,yes, that is a rubber band hoding it on the stock, until I can come up with something else. Not being an "operator",  I just make do.

Shots fired at 100 yards, front rested, seated, light wind, bright sunshine, and unmagnified. Load is 60+ year old Sierra 53gr HP over 26 gr of Win 748.

I am well aware that compared to The Internet I suck, but I like to share once in a while. This rifle just doesn't quit, and is so much fun to shoot!
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 6:47:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Going to fire off a Form1 on the Bren 805 pistol with stock-stock.

Can someone give me the OAL for the Form1 on the 805 pistol with the factory folder stock, extended of course....

34" seems to be the number I've found otherwise.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 7:17:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Fired a full auto 805 Bren SBR at Battlefield Las Vegas last week, probably the smoothest full auto 556 I have ever played with (and there have been quite a few )
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Going to fire off a Form1 on the Bren 805 pistol with stock-stock.

Can someone give me the OAL for the Form1 on the 805 pistol with the factory folder stock, extended of course....

34" seems to be the number I've found otherwise.
View Quote
Not sure about the pistol, since I made mine from a rifle, but with the factory telescoping stock
the length from the front of the gas block to the end of the butt is 30.75" with the stock fully extended.
Measure from the front surface of the GB to your muzzle and add it to that dimension.

ETA: @r-2-k-b-a
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 2:47:15 PM EDT
[#23]
I had a carbine and thought it was too heavy but my shop has a pistol that’s real tempting to put a brace on.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:01:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Not sure about the pistol, since I made mine from a rifle, but with the factory telescoping stock
the length from the front of the gas block to the end of the butt is 30.75" with the stock fully extended.
Measure from the front surface of the GB to your muzzle and add it to that dimension.

ETA: @r-2-k-b-a
View Quote
I'll be using the factory folder and 11" barrel.  The OAL is measured with the stock extended and unfolded, butt pad to the muzzle. So 34 seems right based on what you say.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 12:55:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Fired a full auto 805 Bren SBR at Battlefield Las Vegas last week, probably the smoothest full auto 556 I have ever played with (and there have been quite a few )
View Quote
My jealousy hath no bounds...
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 10:19:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Anyone shooting steel cased through their BREN? If so, hows it working out? Just tested some steel case through my Scorpion today and it LOVES it...

Wouldn't mind hearing some opinions though.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 10:24:14 AM EDT
[#27]
I shoot steel case out of everything.   Seems to work fine.  I have something less than 200 rounds total through my 805 though.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 12:51:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Anyone shooting steel cased through their BREN? If so, hows it working out? Just tested some steel case through my Scorpion today and it LOVES it...

View Quote
Works just fine!
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 6:24:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Plan to replace your barrel in around 4k.

I dont shoot any steel case. I keep it for trade for the civil war.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 6:36:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
And why is that?
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 8:25:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

And why is that?
View Quote
Most steel cased ammo is using a 'bimetal' jacket bullet. Which is just a very soft steel jacket that has been copper washed.

Some testing shows increased bore wear from ammo of this type. The propellant used may also be a contributing factor.

YMMV.

Edit to add:
The most quoted test:
https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/brass-vs-steel-cased-ammo/
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 2:09:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Did you have any issue getting the stock flash hider off?  I'm going to use my gem-tech QD can on it.  And also was there sufficient barrel shoulder to make sure the FH is aligned ?
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:34:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Did you have any issue getting the stock flash hider off?  I'm going to use my gem-tech QD can on it.  And also was there sufficient barrel shoulder to make sure the FH is aligned ?
View Quote
My smith removed the FH when he made the custom bushing.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 6:52:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Can someone measure the length of pull of the fixed factory stock? For those of that have he fixed stock how do you like it compared to the factory adjustable?

Thanks fellas.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 10:55:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Can someone measure the length of pull of the fixed factory stock? For those of that have he fixed stock how do you like it compared to the factory adjustable?

Thanks fellas.
View Quote
9 1/4" including the folding knuckle.
The fixed stock is what is installed on mine but the fixed stock is handy for when youre wearing a thick coat or body armor I would think.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 11:20:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/30/2017 12:17:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

9 1/4" including the folding knuckle.
The fixed stock is what is installed on mine but the fixed stock is handy for when youre wearing a thick coat or body armor I would think.
View Quote
Thank you for the info. Do you by chance know the measurement of the adjustable stock collapsed all the way down?
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Thank you for the info. Do you by chance know the measurement of the adjustable stock collapsed all the way down?
View Quote
Wow, I just measured the collapsible stock and it's also 9 1/4" when fully collapsed. Weird.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#39]
IT seems like the one thing that just about everyone is asking for is the stock adapter for the ACR or other types but mainly ACR. Now that I have seen Mcbrides Bren with the ACE folder I am thinking that is another viable option as well as looking pretty damn cool.
Manticore has always been a company I respected for being out front making quality items for the other than AR market before everyone else catches up.
I'm wondering why Manticore isn't putting out a stock adapter for the Bren. I'm not interested in arm braces or adapters to run AR style stocks but something that would look right on the Bren. I think that would sell pretty well especially since the other company clearly didn't make enough of the ACR adapters.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 8:18:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Thanks fellas.
View Quote
Hard to read the measurement from the pics ('cause of vanishing point perspective and all...) but I measured the fixed stock at 13-1/4" and the
telescoping stock at 13-3/8" for LOP.
Not much difference, but the check weld on the telescoping stock is obviously much better.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 8:42:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Tifosi,

Thank you very much for the pic. That's exactly what I wanted to see.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 10:42:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Random bit of 805 trivia, I just learned tonight that the 805 A1 and A2 have NSN numbers, although only one of the NSN databases I tried
turned up a result: "Rifle, 5.56 mm". No further information besides that. Hmm.

A1 : 1005-16-006-5526
A2 : 1005-16-006-5527

(Not super familiar with how the NSN system works, just found it interesting.)
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 11:35:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Random bit of 805 trivia, I just learned tonight that the 805 A1 and A2 have NSN numbers, although only one of the NSN databases I tried

View Quote
I can't remember which, but the P-01 or CZ75 PCR has an NSN also.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 1:38:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The NSN is actually a NATO number system the US adopted for its own purposes.  The second set of numbers, 16, stand for the country that entered the code in to the system which is the Czech Republic. If the US had entered the code into the database it would have 00 or 01.  Make sense there is an NSN for the rifle knowing that.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 11:34:13 AM EDT
[#45]
With a 2015 PS1 pistol with 14x1 thread pattern, is there anything special I need to consider for mounting a Dead Air 14x1LH flash hider? As far as I know the flash hiders don't need to be timed (correct me if wrong), so I would just remove factory muzzle brake, jam nut, and then torque the Dead Air device down on the threads to ~25lbs or whatever their spec is?

Fix my above thought process. I want to get a Sandman-K for my Bren.
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 5:54:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
With a 2015 PS1 pistol with 14x1 thread pattern, is there anything special I need to consider for mounting a Dead Air 14x1LH flash hider? As far as I know the flash hiders don't need to be timed (correct me if wrong), so I would just remove factory muzzle brake, jam nut, and then torque the Dead Air device down on the threads to ~25lbs or whatever their spec is?

View Quote
DA flash hiders are supposed to be timed so that the arrow on the suppressor is at 12oclock when installing the suppressor on the muzzle device. That way you can visually find the arrow on the suppressor, orient it to 12oclock to the Gun, and slide it right on in the correct position, quickly and easily
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 7:12:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
I had my gunsmith make a bushing so I could install my 14x1 Griffin flash/comp, scroll up and you can see some close-up pics.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 12:08:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I had my gunsmith make a bushing so I could install my 14x1 Griffin flash/comp, scroll up and you can see some close-up pics.
View Quote
Is something like this a necessity in your opinion (and why)?

There are people on the Bren facebook group just saying to remove the factory device/jam nut and then torque the suppressor mount down on the shoulder.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 6:49:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Is something like this a necessity in your opinion (and why)?

There are people on the Bren facebook group just saying to remove the factory device/jam nut and then torque the suppressor mount down on the shoulder.
View Quote
With the 14x1 version the threads are really long. That’s why I had the smith make the threaded bushing, so that my muzzle device would have a shoulder to butt up next to.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 9:52:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Are ACR stock adapters still available?
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top