Longer to machine and more expensive and would remove almost no weight
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
One piece of CNC steel?
If so make the handle hollow to reduce weigth.. As long as you keep 2-2.5mm of wall thickness you should be fine
@Manticore_Arms

Any reason you didn't hollow them out? Extra machine step extra cost? Not a huge deal, just curious. I still like it.
Longer to machine and more expensive and would remove almost no weight
Makes sense, thanks!
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:49:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Where'd you get your ACR stock adapter from?

Mentioned in your previous post.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:50:46 PM EDT
[#3]
NTXT
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 9:54:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Some more thoughts. Got time to get out to the range and use the current setup. The Manticore charging handle is nice. Easy to use.

The ACR stock brings the cheek weld up enough I am going to have to install the 1/3 co-witness riser on my MRO to get the gun to aim naturally. I find myself looking through the top half of the optic with low riser installed. Also the ACR stock hits the sling plate enough to keep the stock fairly out. I think I'll trim the sling plate so the stock sits more flush.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 8:01:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Just ordered mine from CZ last night...can't WAIT!
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:42:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Still no Bren 2?
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 9:23:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Still no Bren 2?
View Quote
I wouldn't count on it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 4:32:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I wouldn't count on it.
http://i.imgur.com/mMbwh9r.jpg
View Quote
Man, that thing's lookin' good! 
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:51:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 12:06:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I wouldn't count on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still no Bren 2?
I wouldn't count on it.
Sweet.  What's the weight?
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 4:25:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bren 805 Enhanced Safeties and Knurled Charging Handles are now available.  

And we got more coming for the 805.  

Sven
Manticore Arms

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/BREN%20805%20safety%20pair.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/knurled%20charging%20handle.jpg
View Quote
Nice stuff!
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 8:33:31 AM EDT
[#12]
For you guys that got the earlier pistols with 14x1LH threads, is anybody shooting suppressed by using the KNS thread adapter, or is that a no-go due to concentricity?
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:12:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
For you guys that got the earlier pistols with 14x1LH threads, is anybody shooting suppressed by using the KNS thread adapter, or is that a no-go due to concentricity?
View Quote
I haven't had any problems with mine.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 5:06:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone using the KAK Industries arm brace adapter? Mine seems to have a pretty loose fit against the rear block making the brace too loose for my liking. The rear block sits tight in the Bren but that second piece that locks into the rear block and held in by the spring release button fits sloppily and has play. Anyone experience the same?
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:59:25 PM EDT
[#15]
@Tim_McBride can the empty space in the Stock be used for battery storage (like they figured out for the FAL adapter ACR stocks)?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 12:23:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
@Tim_McBride can the empty space in the Stock be used for battery storage (like they figured out for the FAL adapter ACR stocks)?

Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks!
Yes.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 8:28:51 AM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!
Yes.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/40084/20170815_232127-281557.JPG
Thanks.

Looks like I'm saving for 2 good sized purchases next year!
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 8:35:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Anyone using the KAK Industries arm brace adapter? Mine seems to have a pretty loose fit against the rear block making the brace too loose for my liking. The rear block sits tight in the Bren but that second piece that locks into the rear block and held in by the spring release button fits sloppily and has play. Anyone experience the same?
View Quote
Yep. I janky-fixed it by putting a small strip of elec. tape between the two on each side. Not perfect, but much better.

That said, maybe I missed it... when does the manticore/SB brace combo come out? b/c me wanty. Any ability to pre-order?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:18:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That's what I was thinking, but I didn't comment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Slider Stock.

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/IMG_6985.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/IMG_6985.jpg</a>
The neck weld on this looks absurd; even the old/scorpion low profile irons would be too high with this stock.
That's what I was thinking, but I didn't comment.
It wouldn't be hard to build a dog leg in (after the last adjustment point) to get the proper cheek weld.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yep. I janky-fixed it by putting a small strip of elec. tape between the two on each side. Not perfect, but much better.

That said, maybe I missed it... when does the manticore/SB brace combo come out? b/c me wanty. Any ability to pre-order?
View Quote
Ha! That's exactly what I did. I found that in addition to the tape on the sides of the adapter, I put a couple of stacked strips under the push button to help eliminate the vertical play. Mine is tight now. Really poor tolerance control on this part, definitely getting a KNS Precision one now (or Manticore if they end up doing one)
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 3:38:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Anybody with a Bren pistol change out their factory muzzle device for a flash hider? Was it difficult? Recommendations on an aftermarket device? I have the 14x1LH version
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I wouldn't count on it.
View Quote
FURK that's hot.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Midwest Ind. got back to me on TOS and stated they will not be making any aftermarket rail extensions ala SCAR as there is not enough demand.    I want to like the carbine so bad, but man the hand guard is just way too short.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:21:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Midwest Ind. got back to me on TOS and stated they will not be making any aftermarket rail extensions ala SCAR as there is not enough demand.    I want to like the carbine so bad, but man the hand guard is just way too short.
View Quote
Keep beating that ManticoreArms drum.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:37:21 AM EDT
[#25]
They say the same about ACR handguards, yet they are all too happy to do MCX, MPX, and Galil ACE handguards.

I can't imagine the ACE is more successful than the 805 or ACR.  And I'd be careful about tooling up to building anything for Sig because it'll be obsolete after the inevitable recall voluntary upgrade or V(N+1) re-release that obsoletes the prior version.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:24:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
They say the same about ACR handguards, yet they are all too happy to do MCX, MPX, and Galil ACE handguards.

I can't imagine the ACE is more successful than the 805 or ACR.  And I'd be careful about tooling up to building anything for Sig because it'll be obsolete after the inevitable recall voluntary upgrade or V(N+1) re-release that obsoletes the prior version.
View Quote
Felt the same way.   And sig is already changing the handguard design as the top rail ends further back now on the Virtus...err Gen 3, so I don't believe any Gen 1 or Gen 2 handguards will work going fwd towards gen 3/Virtus.  ACR in the past two years has quickly gained in popularity that it has never seen before.  Maybe not MCX or Bren popularity but I know it's a lot harder to find an ACR or Bren than an MCX and Galil...especially a Galil...

ACR and soon to be Bren owner.  May buy a Virtus/MCX but as already said, I find it hard to buy anything from Sig.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:20:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Felt the same way.   And sig is already changing the handguard design as the top rail ends further back now on the Virtus...err Gen 3, so I don't believe any Gen 1 or Gen 2 handguards will work going fwd towards gen 3/Virtus.  ACR in the past two years has quickly gained in popularity that it has never seen before.  Maybe not MCX or Bren popularity but I know it's a lot harder to find an ACR or Bren than an MCX and Galil...especially a Galil...

ACR and soon to be Bren owner.  May buy a Virtus/MCX but as already said, I find it hard to buy anything from Sig.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is ACR still 1/9 twist?

Sig.... well, I don't own my Sig 556R anymore because they quit supporting it.

Scar16 is still my first choice, but I can get a Bren 805 S1, SBR Stamp, ACR Stock + Adapter and still have less in it than the Scar.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:50:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Is ACR still 1/9 twist?

Scar16 is still my first choice, but I can get a Bren 805 S1, SBR Stamp, ACR Stock + Adapter and still have less in it than the Scar.
View Quote
I believe the new bbls are 1/7, at least the ones you can buy separate.  Still comical that it's $599 for another barrel from Bushy/Rem but CZ can already do $499 barrels. 
 Oh Remington, it's the only good thing you have left, release your revisions to us plebes and let us rejoice.  Ya Sig...just shaking my head. 

Definitely agree with you on the SCAR vs 805.  Chris Bartocci did a good SCAR vs. Bren video recently on his youtube and he outright prefers the Bren.    And then we get back to Bren vs Scar bbls....$499 vs $999+   Hoping to grab a Bren soon, just keep going back and forth on whether to get a pistol or carbine, and then whether I want to do FDE or black.  Decisions...ACR I have is Coyote and love it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:39:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:44:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Buy more Brens and we make more parts for them.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
I'll be doing my part in a bit.    
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I believe the new bbls are 1/7, at least the ones you can buy separate.  Still comical that it's $599 for another barrel from Bushy/Rem but CZ can already do $499 barrels. 
 Oh Remington, it's the only good thing you have left, release your revisions to us plebes and let us rejoice.  Ya Sig...just shaking my head. 

Definitely agree with you on the SCAR vs 805.  Chris Bartocci did a good SCAR vs. Bren video recently on his youtube and he outright prefers the Bren.    And then we get back to Bren vs Scar bbls....$499 vs $999+   Hoping to grab a Bren soon, just keep going back and forth on whether to get a pistol or carbine, and then whether I want to do FDE or black.  Decisions...ACR I have is Coyote and love it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is ACR still 1/9 twist?

SBR friendly state? That should help you decide.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:20:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

SBR friendly state? That should help you decide.
View Quote
Indiana...plenty of SBR's and "pistols" for that matter (travel to IL a lot as I'm from there ).  Still love me a good rifle though and not everything I want to be SBR'd or short, per se.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:34:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Does anyone make a replacement for the metal "plate" that has the sling attachment points at the rear of the receiver?  I'm wanting to SBR mine eventually with the ACR stock but it looks like the stock won't close completely due to the sling loop being in the way?

Guessing I could dremel it off but was hoping for a "cleaner" solution.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:39:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Does anyone make a replacement for the metal "plate" that has the sling attachment points at the rear of the receiver?  I'm wanting to SBR mine eventually with the ACR stock but it looks like the stock won't close completely due to the sling loop being in the way?

Guessing I could dremel it off but was hoping for a "cleaner" solution.
View Quote
I just dremeled mine, and cleaned it up.
CZ sells the plates if you want a new one.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:47:32 AM EDT
[#35]
What ammo is everyone using? I'm currently shooting Federal XM193 out of my BREN and was curious if there may be something better out there that I may be missing.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:15:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What ammo is everyone using? I'm currently shooting Federal XM193 out of my BREN and was curious if there may be something better out there that I may be missing.
View Quote
Wolf Gold .223. SGAMMO has it for under $300 Del.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How's it shoot for you?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 4:56:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
How's it shoot for you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How's it shoot for you?
Like $0.30/rd Ammo. 2-3 MOA, even out of my sub MOA AR.

Dead nuts reliable. It's my buy it cheap stack it deep brass Ammo (there are a few other options in that price range coming out now though).

My "front line" SD/HD Ammo is Speer Gold Dot. PSA has 62gr for $0.50/rd right now. I try to keep about 500 rds of 75 gr of some quality handy.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 6:25:49 AM EDT
[#39]
What is this "buy" you speak of?
In all seriousness my BREN has been subjected to a diet of handloads running the gamut from 40gr to 75gr, and has performed well with all of them. This rifle is also my testing platform for cast handloads, with both 55 gr and 62 grain powder coated bullets.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 12:09:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Just bought an aimpoint m3 for my Cz Bren. Was gonna go with an acog but I figured for the price I would try an aimpoint first instead. Only thing I really need now for it is side picatinny rails so I can mount an m951 surefire I have laying around.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 8:47:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Looking for info on the fixed/folding stock tor the BREN...anyone running it with the carbine sights? Mainly looking to see how the cheekweld is...
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 12:28:51 AM EDT
[#42]
What ever happened to the sb tactical folding brace for these. I just keep getting the run around.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:09:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Looking for an extended charging handle. Anyone running the KNS Precision enhanced charging handle body that is angled and 1\2" longer?

Do you have to purchase a charging handle with the body from KNS or is the factory handle threaded? It looks like one piece.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 5:48:45 PM EDT
[#45]
This is great to hear thank you.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:14:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Buy more Brens and we make more parts for them.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
Just out of curiosity, why nothing for the ARX?
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 10:53:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 5:00:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Sven,
any eta for lower handguard for the bren?
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 10:37:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Programming is being finished now and chips should be flying next week- they are a relatively short production run item compared to some of the other stuff we needed to make, so they got pushed back a few months while waiting for an open machine.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
And then it's on to hand guard extensions, right? Right? RIGHT? 
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top