Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 32
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 10:35:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm a huge fan of CZ guns, but 1600 dollars for that is highway robbery. A polymer lower  , no thanks!
View Quote

Just like the Scar, ACR, ARX, etc.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 10:38:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm a huge fan of CZ guns, but 1600 dollars for that is highway robbery. A polymer lower  , no thanks!

the trigger housing inside the Bren lower is steel as well, and the factory 2-stage trigger is more than adequate. I just can't find any reason to hate the lower
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:34:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

the trigger housing inside the Bren lower is steel as well, and the factory 2-stage trigger is more than adequate. I just can't find any reason to hate the lower
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Besides don't the stocks mount to the upper receiver on all these rifle? So the lower is a lot less "load bearing" than an AR lower.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 5:47:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

HAHA look at my pic, all those guns are polymer. So I guess you won't be buying a SCAR either, mostly all 3rd gen rifles are switching to polymer.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:27:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Besides don't the stocks mount to the upper receiver on all these rifle? So the lower is a lot less "load bearing" than an AR lower.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  I have no concerns regarding strength of the polymer lower on the 805 or any of these guns...just my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 1:33:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yep.  I have no concerns regarding strength of the polymer lower on the 805 or any of these guns...just my opinion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quality poly lowers are fine on guns ...gee whiz!
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Holy shit! Ran some drills with the Bren today and this thing is buttery smooth. I shot the Bren and the SCAR back to back and I can honestly say I like the Bren better, you don't feel the bolt reciprocating as much as you do on the SCAR. I can't wait to get my stamp back and really put it to the test of running a high round count class.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:15:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Holy shit! Ran some drills with the Bren today and this thing is buttery smooth. I shot the Bren and the SCAR back to back and I can honestly say I like the Bren better, you don't feel the bolt reciprocating as much as you do on the SCAR. I can't wait to get my stamp back and really put it to the test of running a high round count class.
View Quote

Stop it.  Your going to be responsible for me ringing out my CC more.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:23:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DO EEEET, this thing just today climbed the go to carbine ladder. I don't really rely on a gun unless I've taken it to a class, and hopefully this fall when the stamp is back I can make that happen. I haven't been this excited about a gun in a long time.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:23:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got some cash pigeon holed away I may need to use for this. Now to decide whether I get the pistol and add a blade or get the carbine.

Guess my mk12 will be going on hold.

ETA: Anyone see the rifle for sale anywhere?
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:56:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Crap I want one too.

I hope they come out soon.

Max
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:57:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Any reports on how it runs suppressed? I'm thinking my Mini 4 will be perfect...

ETA: will be able to provide my own report by next week.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:09:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Crap I want one too.

I hope they come out soon.

Max
View Quote

According to their instagram and Facebook the 2016 rifles just started shipping one week ago. They will continue to ship in batches as they get the parts to build on.

I think I'm going to head to a local CZ dealer I located from their website and try to get a FDE rifle on order. This seems like the best way to get my hands on one.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:15:23 AM EDT
[#14]
I need a different muzzle device to run suppressed, I should have one shipped by next week. So in about 2 weeks I can tell you how well it runs suppressed.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 8:32:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

My 16 was very smooth! You mean feeling the weight of the carrier reciprocating?
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 8:39:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

My 16 was very smooth! You mean feeling the weight of the carrier reciprocating?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, the SCAR to me shoots smoother when the bolt is going backwards but when it goes forward you get a second impulse. That secondary impulse didn't happen with the Bren.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:04:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
We have a CZ Bren in house as of this morning, and are already looking at what goodies we can offer for it.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Great news for Bren owners.

I'd like to see a new grip and a small extention that sits around the gas block and is flush with the brake (sim to your Tavor rail or the MI Scar extention).
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:39:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We have a CZ Bren in house as of this morning, and are already looking at what goodies we can offer for it.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

a lightweight handguard extension would be nice, I've been procrastinating and mine is still sitting half done on my workbench.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:59:32 PM EDT
[#20]
How 'bout a gas plug with a suppressed setting in place of the adverse setting?  Or, maybe there's a possibility of a plug with more than two positions?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:25:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Cool.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:29:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
How 'bout a gas plug with a suppressed setting in place of the adverse setting?  Or, maybe there's a possibility of a plug with more than two positions?
View Quote

mine has 4 positions so it is very possible
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 5:51:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 5:52:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:36:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

An adjustable gas plug would be great
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:18:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:20:46 AM EDT
[#27]
ETA: pistol arrived today as advertised. As others have reported, the action is very nice. If you're on the fence, don't be.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:47:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
First component is already designed with more in the works.  

No, I am not going to give away what it is just yet, but keep an eye on the Manticore Arms web store for a Bren 805 category to pop up soon.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Such a tease, come on throw us a hint.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:12:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Forend.  Stocks.  Several other parts.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I am not going to give away what it is just yet, but keep an eye on the Manticore Arms web store for a Bren 805 category to pop up soon.  

Sven
Manticore Arms

Schwing.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:23:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Nifty, Sven, looking forward to the new stuff!
I looked up the average temperatures. It's a moderate climate in the Czech Republic. If there is a cooling issue then places with warmer climates will expose this issue. Just need to sit back and read the future postings.
View Quote

It's starting to heat up down here in AZ, and I like taking my guns out to the range when it's too hot for anyone else to come out, so it will get a high tempt workout as soon as I can arrange it.

The trigger is incredible, better than any rifle trigger I have ever tried that wasn't a single or double set trigger. Need ammo and magazines - gonna give these stock flip up sights a work out before I look for optics.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:01:56 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:46:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms

That seals the deal, ordering an 805 asap.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:47:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It's starting to heat up down here in AZ, and I like taking my guns out to the range when it's too hot for anyone else to come out, so it will get a high tempt workout as soon as I can arrange it.

<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/user/armoredman/media/CZ%20BREN%20805/OOB4_zpsr7jhmex2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/CZ%20BREN%20805/OOB4_zpsr7jhmex2.jpg</a>

The trigger is incredible, better than any rifle trigger I have ever tried that wasn't a single or double set trigger. Need ammo and magazines - gonna give these stock flip up sights a work out before I look for optics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I looked up the average temperatures. It's a moderate climate in the Czech Republic. If there is a cooling issue then places with warmer climates will expose this issue. Just need to sit back and read the future postings.

<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/user/armoredman/media/CZ%20BREN%20805/OOB4_zpsr7jhmex2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/CZ%20BREN%20805/OOB4_zpsr7jhmex2.jpg</a>

where did you find the carbine for sale?
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 1:53:48 AM EDT
[#37]
I obtained it directly, sorry. Rifle ran perfectly today.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 1:54:42 AM EDT
[#38]
poepoe, very nice BREN pistol - are you going to SBR or leave it as is? How well does the drum work for you?
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 9:26:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Armoredman

Drum is working fine so far. Only shot it a few times with like 20 rounds in it. It's always locked back on empty. I plan on SBRing it-just gotta get the measurements to make sure it meets Marylands stupid 29" OAL law...

Adam D.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Armoredman

Drum is working fine so far. Only shot it a few times with like 20 rounds in it. It's always locked back on empty. I plan on SBRing it-just gotta get the measurements to make sure it meets Marylands stupid 29" OAL law...

Adam D.
View Quote

I went with 34 OAL
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 4:40:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Just shot an 805 post sample at a local range.

On two shot burst it was amazingly smooth and grouped very nicely. I think a binary trigger would fit this gun very nicely.

Stock did seem a little wobbly and a smigeon over complicated. Other than that I think I am in lust.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 6:39:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Just shot an 805 post sample at a local range.

On two shot burst it was amazingly smooth and grouped very nicely. I think a binary trigger would fit this gun very nicely.

Stock did seem a little wobbly and a smigeon over complicated. Other than that I think I am in lust.
View Quote

Sweet! I didn't get a chance to try the LEO version, like Military Arms Channel did, (lucky dogs), but the trigger on the regular example is smoother than I ever expected a stock milspec trigger to ever be.

Which stock was it - the same folder I have? Please allow me to post some detailed photos so you can see if it's the same one. It LOOKS a lot like an AR style collapsing stock made into a folder.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#43]
I was thinking about SBRing a pistol, but the 14x1 LH gives me pause. I of course would also suppress it, and my cans will no worky.

An odd choice of thread pitch for a modern 5.56 firearm
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 3:34:38 PM EDT
[#44]
I just dropped my barrel off at the gunsmith, I'm using a Griffin can so luckily they already make a 14x1 muzzle device. I've also been talking to Griffin on a way to suppress this gun and have been forwarding the ideas to my smith.
We decided to go with a long custom bushing to keep the factory barrel stock. Our other alternative was to cut the barrel and shave the taper down to create a shoulder for the device to mount to.
So I'll keep everyone posted on how it comes out.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 7:21:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I was thinking about SBRing a pistol, but the 14x1 LH gives me pause. I of course would also suppress it, and my cans will no worky.

View Quote

Unlike the older ones, the new 2016 models (SKU 91361) have 1/2x28 threads. The only other change (other than a slightly more matte black finish on the upper) for this year was the addition of folding sights. Well worth it too - they are much nicer than the ones on my Evo.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 8:45:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

You will have to modify the threads either way, they are to long to add a muzzle device.
ETA: for suppressor use you need a shoulder for the MD to but up against.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 2:21:44 PM EDT
[#47]
If any one has changed out the mag well to the original let me know. Looking to add a retro 805 BREN MAGAZINE KIT to mine.

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 5:22:17 PM EDT
[#48]
I swapped the mag well to the kit from CZ with the original mags as I just like oddball shit better than standard stuff. Was very easy to do. You have to drill the pin holes though as for whatever reason CZ doesn't do that.

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I swapped the mag well to the kit from CZ with the original mags as I just like oddball shit better than standard stuff. Was very easy to do. You have to drill the pin holes though as for whatever reason CZ doesn't do that.

<a href="http://s53.photobucket.com/user/byoung93888/media/DSCF4023_zpsea1yycmf.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/byoung93888/DSCF4023_zpsea1yycmf.jpg</a>
View Quote

So the holes are there but do not go all the way through? Is just the one small pin that comes out?

I do like that flapper mag release too

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 9:39:23 PM EDT
[#50]
The holes are not there at all. The magwell  isn't drilled. It is a single pin that goes through the magwell and the lower. You have to drill the magwell . I just halfass measured and eyeballed it and used a small manual handdrill, was no problem but not sure why CZ doesnt drill them.
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top