Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 32
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I remember reading on their Facebook page that the pistols were shipped with a 14x1LH thread pattern; however, going forward the 2016 pistols and carbines should have 1/2x28 threads. They didn't comment when the pistols with the updated threading would be available. Based on their comments, it's probably safe to say that whatever pistols are out there for sale probably have the 14x1 thread pattern.

I hope this helps.

Link Posted: 4/7/2016 9:51:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not arguing....but CZ USA WEBSITE says 1/2x28.  Whats up with that?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same here, I've been looking around for another 556 project to sbr and I'm down to the Bren pistol, Bren carbine since it looks like they're shipping out now or the MCX pistol. The price for the Bren pistol has been very tempting. The only drawbacks I see, are trying to find an adapter for my suppressor mount and finding a stock for it.

Quoted:
Definitely considering one of these, pre-41F...

They are 1/2x28....arent they?

Eta: yup, they are.

The pistol is threaded 14x1 left hand, the carbine version is 1/2x28.

Not arguing....but CZ USA WEBSITE says 1/2x28.  Whats up with that?

I'm guessing that's the newer versions hitting the shelves, allah last years scorpion evo was 18x1 this year they're 1/2x28.

ETA: I hope I did get the newer version, since my order still hasn't shipped yet and seeing that the newer versions were shipping already. The 14x1 thread would limit my muzzle devices that I can attach my suppressors to, on the other hand it happens to be a muzzle device I like .

Another edit SKU:91361 is 1/2x28 threads, SKU:91360 is 14x1mm
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 10:45:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm guessing that's the newer versions hitting the shelves, allah last years scorpion evo was 18x1 this year they're 1/2x28.

ETA: I hope I did get the newer version, since my order still hasn't shipped yet and seeing that the newer versions were shipping already. The 14x1 thread would limit my muzzle devices that I can attach my suppressors to, on the other hand it happens to be a muzzle device I like .

View Quote

I got an email from CZ this morning.  The 806 will not be released in any form.  There is an 805 922r parts kit already available on their website....its out of stock at the moment.  It includes a 14X1 LH US made muzzle device....but the whole package is listed for 2015 models.  Im guessing the new ones are the same except for the 1/2x 28 change.  Either way....there are adapters available 14x1LH - 1/2x28
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 11:10:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I got an email from CZ this morning.  The 806 will not be released in any form.  There is an 805 922r parts kit already available on their website....its out of stock at the moment.  It includes a 14X1 LH US made muzzle device....but the whole package is listed for 2015 models.  Im guessing the new ones are the same except for the 1/2x 28 change.  Either way....there are adapters available 14x1LH - 1/2x28
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My 5.56 cans are Griffen Armament and they make a 14x1 muzzle device.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 11:27:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Id say your good then.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 12:57:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the heads up on the different SKU #s that helps out alot and it's good to know that the updated pistol is out there for sale. I will say there's a $150ish difference between the 2 pistols.

Link Posted: 4/7/2016 9:57:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks for the heads up on the different SKU #s that helps out alot and it's good to know that the updated pistol is out there for sale. I will say there's a $150ish difference between the 2 pistols.
View Quote

It's atleast $150, if not more. And I'm not sure the new threading (if that's the only change that's been made) justifies that kind of increase.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 8:01:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It's atleast $150, if not more. And I'm not sure the new threading (if that's the only change that's been made) justifies that kind of increase.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could be more than threads.  I got a generic "no this 922r kit wont work on a new 2016 pistol" response from cz.  They have a 2016 specific 922r kit coming out soon.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 11:25:44 AM EDT
[#9]
If end up ordering the Bren pistol, I'm leaning towards the 1/2x28 threading to avoid having to use an adapter, then a 51t mount then my suppressor. There's too much risk of stacking and would rather pay a little extra to put a suppressor mount directly on the barrel. Unfortunately, I don't think AAC has a 14x1LH 51T mount and I would like to use my M4-2000 on this.

Basically, I'm pretty talking myself into the Bren for my next sbr project...

Link Posted: 4/8/2016 11:54:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If end up ordering the Bren pistol, I'm leaning towards the 1/2x28 threading to avoid having to use an adapter, then a 51t mount then my suppressor. There's too much risk of stacking and would rather pay a little extra to put a suppressor mount directly on the barrel. Unfortunately, I don't think AAC has a 14x1LH 51T mount and I would like to use my M4-2000 on this.

Basically, I'm pretty talking myself into the Bren for my next sbr project...

View Quote

Lol I had to talk myself into it also, I just wanted something different than AR's. Griffen makes a 14x1 mount so I really lucked out on that, because I have a M4SD and a M4SDK suppressor for my 5.56 guns.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 9:58:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Finally received a shipping notice, hopefully I can pick it up Wednesday. I'll post up some pics as soon as I receive it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:58:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 8:30:13 AM EDT
[#13]
I really want one of these.  For the 2015 model with fixed sights and 14x1LH muzzle threading, $1490 shipped seems like the current best price.  Can't find one as cheap as TATBME got.  For the 2016 model I can find it for ~$100 more than the 2015 model.

I'm torn between the 2015 and 2016 model, just not sure it's worth the extra $100 for the thread change and folding sights.  What do you guys think?  I can get a 14x1 mount for a suppressor I have coming (hopefully this year) but I don't think I have anything now that would work.  May just wait and see if I can snag a 2016 model for around $1500 shipped, I'd jump on that.  But it's risky playing the waiting game right now.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 8:30:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We should have a Bren carbine in the shop early this week.

My Sales Manager loves the Bren 805 and is pushing me to design some accessories and upgrades for it. Let me know what you all would like to see us make :)

Sven
Manticore Arms

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

I would like to see a ACR stock adapter.

ETA: also if you can source some ACR stocks that would be nice.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 8:32:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Sven-ACR stock adaptor.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 8:32:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I really want one of these.  For the 2015 model with fixed sights and 14x1LH muzzle threading, $1490 shipped seems like the current best price.  Can't find one as cheap as TATBME got.  For the 2016 model I can find it for ~$100 more than the 2015 model.

I'm torn between the 2015 and 2016 model, just not sure it's worth the extra $100 for the thread change and folding sights.  What do you guys think?  I can get a 14x1 mount for a suppressor I have coming (hopefully this year) but I don't think I have anything now that would work.  May just wait and see if I can snag a 2016 model for around $1500 shipped, I'd jump on that.  But it's risky playing the waiting game right now.
View Quote

Did you try the make an offer at buds? Also checkout Slickdeals, it should be cheaper there.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 8:41:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Did you try the make an offer at buds? Also checkout Slickdeals, it should be cheaper there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah man, Bud's said 1484 is the best they can do which is right in line with what their competitors are advertising, so I'm not surprised.  Slickguns is where I looked to find the prices above.

ETA:  The Bud's price is their cash price, but you can get it for 1490 and pay with cc elsewhere which is a better deal for me.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 4:38:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My Sales Manager loves the Bren 805 and is pushing me to design some accessories and upgrades for it. Let me know what you all would like to see us make :)

Sven
Manticore Arms

This. Or better yet, an adapter (if possible) for the Kinetic Group Development ACR-esque Scar stocks, which are top notch.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms

View Quote

Stocks and extended forends.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 10:53:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 8:05:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I have no problem designing and making such a thing but one question- where do you actually get ACR stocks these days?  

My understanding is that Bushmaster trickles them out every once in a while, and I don't like making a product that is dependent on an unreliable supply of a product form another company....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sven-ACR stock adaptor.

I have no problem designing and making such a thing but one question- where do you actually get ACR stocks these days?  

My understanding is that Bushmaster trickles them out every once in a while, and I don't like making a product that is dependent on an unreliable supply of a product form another company....

Kinetic Development Group is sourcing them from somewhere, they always have them in stock for their SCAR conversion.
With that being said, I'd almost even take a SCAR stock over the factory adjustable folder.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 8:27:19 AM EDT
[#22]
I believe they come straight from Magpul.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 9:25:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Kinetic Development Group is sourcing them from somewhere, they always have them in stock for their SCAR conversion.
With that being said, I'd almost even take a SCAR stock over the factory adjustable folder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sven-ACR stock adaptor.

Might just be easier to make a Scar adapter for the Bren... then it would just be as simple as buying a KGD stock.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 12:41:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Might just be easier to make a Scar adapter for the Bren... then it would just be as simple as buying a KGD stock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sven-ACR stock adaptor.

An adapter for an adapter . Not to mention you'd probably be in it around $400.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:00:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sven-ACR stock adaptor.

I'd be in for how ever much got me an ACR stock on it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:11:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Heck even a FNC / Galil style folder would be nice. The factory Bren stock just looks wacky.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sven-ACR stock adaptor.

Sven, humble suggestion:

I know everyone loves the ACR stock, hell, so do I. But I can't help but wonder if a pic-rail adapter wouldn't be more prudent. I know you don't care for SIG, but both the MPX and the MCX are using a pic rail rear end, and you could then use a bunch of the SIG adapters or kate moss stocks or maybe even that wire stock, if the receiver is narrow enough. (I don't know if it is or not.)

But seems more, ah, flexible to me. I'm not really in the market for another 5.56 carbine but I do like the Bren, and I love your stuff too, just a thought.

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 3:11:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And there goes my interest and any plans on buying a CZ carbine.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 3:47:07 PM EDT
[#29]
For anybody that is OK with the 2015 model, check Bud's right now (item # 97560)...$1314 cc price.

ETA:  Well, nevermind...price back up now.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 6:07:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
For anybody that is OK with the 2015 model, check Bud's right now (item # 97560)...$1314 cc price.

View Quote

Did you get one for that price?
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 7:17:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 7:39:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Too bad about the 806.  I might be in with an ACR stock adapter.  The 805 stock is just retarded.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 7:49:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Damnit!  Hope to find one in that price range!

Otherwise I'm hosed, because when TATBME brings his out I'm going to shoot it and buy one... It happens every time.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 8:27:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Otherwise I'm hosed, because when TATBME brings his out I'm going to shoot it and buy one... It happens every time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your the reason I got the damn ARX .
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 9:11:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Bren's are fun to tinker with

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 9:33:34 PM EDT
[#36]
You just can't post shit like that and not give any details .
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 9:46:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

step 1 buy Bren
Step 2 have way too much free time
step 3 .....
step 4 profit?
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 1:02:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If there is no change in federal law I can see them bringing them in a few years down the road, like IWI did with the X-95. The 806 is now a production gun with the Czech military using some. My understanding is they have 805s, 805s with AR mag wells and now 806s. Essentially 3 variants.

But with the costs and time it took to bring over the 805, I can see them wanting to sell some first to recoup costs.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 8:43:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

step 1 buy Bren
step 3 .....
step 4 profit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

step 1 buy Bren
step 3 .....
step 4 profit?

Bought as a pistol? Looks like added the 922r stock kit and a custom barrel. Looks like two different rifles too, or progression. Shweet.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 9:05:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If there is no change in federal law I can see them bringing them in a few years down the road, like IWI did with the X-95. The 806 is now a production gun with the Czech military using some. My understanding is they have 805s, 805s with AR mag wells and now 806s. Essentially 3 variants.

But with the costs and time it took to bring over the 805, I can see them wanting to sell some first to recoup costs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean, how long did the 805 exist before we got them on this side of the pond? And how long has the 806 been a production rifle? This shouldn't surprise anybody.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 11:07:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Bought as a pistol? Looks like added the 922r stock kit and a custom barrel. Looks like two different rifles too, or progression. Shweet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

step 1 buy Bren
step 3 .....
step 4 profit?

bought as a pistol, made my own 922R parts, same gun in each picture, top barrel is a 6.5 Grendel. bottom is a match .233 wylde barrel that has since been cut down to 14.5 and pinned. stocks can be found on ebay and such.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 2:38:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms

View Quote

Improved bolt catch. That is my one big complaint about the design at the moment besides weight.

Perhaps a Zhukov stock adapter? I don't own one yet but they seem to be working nicely on Evo SBRs.

Ten thousand rifle stocks on the market. Someone somewhere has got to be able to come up with something decent. At the moment I like the look of the factory folder but I haven't got my sticky fingers on one yet.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 12:25:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
bought as a pistol, made my own 922R parts, same gun in each picture, top barrel is a 6.5 Grendel. bottom is a match .233 wylde barrel that has since been cut down to 14.5 and pinned. stocks can be found on ebay and such.
View Quote

What is the barrel change procedure on the Bren?
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 5:40:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not going to even thinking about what could happen a few years down the road until after the election, I am interested in what I can get in the next 6 months.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 6:21:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I am not going to even thinking about what could happen a few years down the road until after the election, I am interested in what I can get in the next 6 months.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 1:37:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Finally picked mine up.

Here it is compared to the ARX (which is stamp pending) and Tavor.

Now I'm waiting on my optics to come in since I sent my Eotechs back.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 3:53:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Finally picked mine up.
<a href="http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/TATBME/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps8covhh1c.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/TATBME/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps8covhh1c.jpeg</a>

<a href="http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/TATBME/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpslnwsz9om.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/TATBME/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpslnwsz9om.jpeg</a>

View Quote

Cool.  How is the trigger?
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Finally picked mine up.
<a href="http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/TATBME/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps8covhh1c.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/TATBME/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps8covhh1c.jpeg</a>

<a href="http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/TATBME/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpslnwsz9om.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/TATBME/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpslnwsz9om.jpeg</a>

So far it is the best out of the box trigger I've felt (that wasn't an AR15). Won't get a chance to shoot it until Saturday, and I have the brace kit.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 8:33:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

So far it is the best out of the box trigger I've felt (that wasn't an AR15).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Finally picked mine up.

So far it is the best out of the box trigger I've felt (that wasn't an AR15).

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 10:26:24 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm a huge fan of CZ guns, but 1600 dollars for that is highway robbery. A polymer lower  , no thanks!
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top