Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 32
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 9:02:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Picked mine up yesterday.  Been eyeballing this gun for about a year and finally pulled the trigger when I found a PS1 for sale at Grabagun for $1219.  I've been handling one at my local LGS and was very impressed with the quality.  I spent a lot of time with the rifle last night and it's every bit as quality as I expected it to be and more.  KNS offers a decent selection of aftermarket components, so I'll be picking up a few items from them.  I only hope the popularity of this rifle grows and more aftermarket accessories/customizations become available for it.  Can't wait to SBR this thing.  Anyone know if the Troy sights are the standard height or the low profiles?  I plan on replacing the fixed irons that came with it.
View Quote

Nice to see that these are rather reasonable price wise.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 9:18:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Do actual G36 mags work in that magwell?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Right now, the carbine has the G36 mag well in it, so an 11" with the NATO mag well, would be an nice combo!

Yes. I've used the CZ "Retro" clear mags, HK G36 Mags and Magpul G36 Mags.

Link Posted: 10/14/2016 12:49:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

http://s18.postimg.org/77rgiliyh/20160923_174744.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Right now, the carbine has the G36 mag well in it, so an 11" with the NATO mag well, would be an nice combo!

Very tempted to install the CZ retro magwell, but to be honest I like the idea of being able to use my standard AR mags across multiple platforms.  Nevertheless, I have not yet ruled it out.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 11:38:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Very tempted to install the CZ retro magwell, but to be honest I like the idea of being able to use my standard AR mags across multiple platforms.  Nevertheless, I have not yet ruled it out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No reason not to pick up the magwell, it's $150, including five mags. Figure the mags are $30 a pop from CZ, and G36 Pmags are $26. They're no better than AR mags, but it's nice to have the capability to use them if necessary. Also allows for the same movements if you've got other rifles that use a similar setup for the mag release/charging handle.

I'd pick up a couple classic G36 mags with the built-in coupler, see if they function in the Bren without interfering with the charging handle.

ETA: Nevermind, I'm thinking of AR coupled mags, the G36 ones aren't staggered.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 12:45:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Just to update everyone, CZ sent me a fedex label and got my pistol squared away. 8 day turnaround, two of which were in Fedex's hands and a weekend, and zero play between upper and lower now.

Any word on FDE sbr kits in the future?  I'll be filing paperwork after a range visit
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 9:56:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No reason not to pick up the magwell, it's $150, including five mags. They're no better than AR mags
View Quote

Yes they are. They allow a longer cartridge OAL for wider projectile/load variation.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 10:28:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes they are. They allow a longer cartridge OAL for wider projectile/load variation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No reason not to pick up the magwell, it's $150, including five mags. They're no better than AR mags

Really only a consideration for reloaders, like myself. But the extra length does give you a couple more grains of powder. Plus with the much stronger lug design of the Brent compared to an ar15, you can make some real screamers.  Though make sure to make a new gas setting first.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 10:37:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Shot a lot of handgun yesterday, but we had time to have a little fun afterwards .

Link Posted: 10/15/2016 12:01:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Shot a lot of handgun yesterday, but we had time to have a little fun afterwards .

<a href="http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/TATBME/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3347_zps2slvhzyz.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/TATBME/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3347_zps2slvhzyz.jpg</a>
View Quote

As someone who has a 17 and is considering a SBR 16 what are your thoughts comparing the two in the pic?   I can get a 805 a lot cheaper and I've shot a few rounds through an 805 and really liked it.  Lower cost similar features, but lose platform commonality.   What do you prefer?   Great looking rifles.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 1:05:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

As someone who has a 17 and is considering a SBR 16 what are your thoughts comparing the two in the pic?   I can get a 805 a lot cheaper and I've shot a few rounds through an 805 and really liked it.  Lower cost similar features, but lose platform commonality.   What do you prefer?   Great looking rifles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/TATBME/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3347_zps2slvhzyz.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/TATBME/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3347_zps2slvhzyz.jpg</a>

The SCAR is actually my friends, personally for the money I'd take the Bren but I might be biased. They feel similar enough that I couldn't justify the extra 1K that it would take to get into the SCAR platform.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 1:38:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a bit of a novelty. I'm trying to build mine up to be just like the A1 I've seen in pictures with the Czech Army, so that's why I went with that mag well for now. I might switch back
some day, it's easy enough to do.

As has been stated, the clear CZ mags give you about .100 extra clearance for cartridge length, so if you're hand loading, that could have some benefit. The Magpul G36 mags do not have
that extra clearance, but they are easier to insert/extract. (You can also do a small mod to the CZ mags, which makes them work MUCH better in that regard too.)

If you're not after "Czech authenticity", I'd probably stick with the STANAG mag well, or if you're hand loading and want a little OAL for the cartridge, you might change it out. Just my .02
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 1:39:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is one sexy duo!
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I love stubby foregrips, it's either that or a handstop for me.

<a href="http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/TATBME/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3300_zpsxe4rrbbk.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/TATBME/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3300_zpsxe4rrbbk.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very nice, sir - how do you like that stubby foregrip?

<a href="http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/TATBME/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3300_zpsxe4rrbbk.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/TATBME/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3300_zpsxe4rrbbk.jpg</a>

Bro! Gotta ditch the keymod haha
Sexy picture though
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 3:04:49 PM EDT
[#14]
I appreciate the feedback regarding the retro mag kit, guys.  It's something I'm considering, but it's on the back burner until I get other priorities sorted out.  I currently don't reload (although I plan to get into it at some point), and I can appreciate the fact that I can run my standard STANAG mags on the platform.  Nevermind the fact that the platform itself is very aesthetically pleasing when SBR'd and running coupled 40 round PMAGs.  Really hoping to see the aftermarket for this continue to grow.  If time and funds allow I'd like to add a second one and have it configured a bit differently.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 6:45:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Sexy picture though
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very nice, sir - how do you like that stubby foregrip?

Sexy picture though

Meh, I have plenty of both. No downside either way to me, but how many people can say they have a keymod Geissele .
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 9:16:04 PM EDT
[#16]
I ordered this optic for the 805 when I get it elcan
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 1:40:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Does anyone make a folding buffer tube/arm brace? I want it to still be able to fold when I'm waiting on a form 1
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 10:06:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I ordered this optic for the 805 when I get it elcan
View Quote

Nice price considering what it originally sold for.  Wondering how it compares to the Steiner M332.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 2:03:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Really only a consideration for reloaders, like myself. But the extra length does give you a couple more grains of powder. Plus with the much stronger lug design of the Brent compared to an ar15, you can make some real screamers.  Though make sure to make a new gas setting first.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Longer, heavier bullets too.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 8:00:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Hi guys I'm just wondering what is the difference in the s1 and the ps1 pistols.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:07:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Hi guys I'm just wondering what is the difference in the s1 and the ps1 pistols.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure the only difference is the barrel thread pitch.  They originally came into the country with a euro 1X14 thread, and after enough people bitched about that, they did the smart thing they should have done in the first place, and started making them with 1/2X28 threads.

Again I'm only 'pretty sure' so someone correct me if I'm wrong.  I think the ps1 is what you want for the 'Merican 1/2X28 threads.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:36:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure the only difference is the barrel thread pitch.  They originally came into the country with a euro 1X14 thread, and after enough people bitched about that, they did the smart thing they should have done in the first place, and started making them with 1/2X28 threads.

Again I'm only 'pretty sure' so someone correct me if I'm wrong.  I think the ps1 is what you want for the 'Merican 1/2X28 threads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the first Gen (PS1) and my threads are 14x1. S1 has the 1/2x28 threads.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:39:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should also be able to tell by the date code. 14x1 guns should be stamped 15, guns stamped 16 "should be" 1/2-28, but don't take that as gospel.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 9:11:20 PM EDT
[#24]
The sights are different as well. The 1st gen sights are like Scorpion sights, the 2nd gen are flip ups.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:20:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The sights are different as well. The 1st gen sights are like Scorpion sights, the 2nd gen are flip ups.
View Quote

I don't care for the Troy knock-offs. The lower-set Scorpion sights seem better suited for the Bren pistol to me, otherwise you need to get a weird chin weld when you have a brace mounted.

Then again, I really lean into the gun and use a NTCH cheek weld, so YMMV.

I haven't seen anybody discuss this, so does anyone have some Aimpoint T1/H1 mounts to see which ones allow you to get a good cowitness with the Scorpion irons? I know some of the low-set ones work fine for that, but I'm more concerned with which QD mounts allow you to cowitness lower 1/3, or standard height ones that let you see the irons through the mount itself. The Scalarworks and Daniel Defense mounts come to mind for this, but I've neither one to test myself.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It's a bit of a novelty. I'm trying to build mine up to be just like the A1 I've seen in pictures with the Czech Army, so that's why I went with that mag well for now. I might switch back
some day, it's easy enough to do.

As has been stated, the clear CZ mags give you about .100 extra clearance for cartridge length, so if you're hand loading, that could have some benefit. The Magpul G36 mags do not have
that extra clearance, but they are easier to insert/extract. (You can also do a small mod to the CZ mags, which makes them work MUCH better in that regard too.)

If you're not after "Czech authenticity", I'd probably stick with the STANAG mag well, or if you're hand loading and want a little OAL for the cartridge, you might change it out. Just my .02
View Quote

Aside from being a collector I don't see much point in it though. My understanding is those will be phased out eventually in the Czech military. Apparently they're using a mess of "retro" Bren mags, STANG and now the 806. With the intention to phase out the 805 with the 806 + AR mags. I suppose the G-36 mag compatibility will be of interest to some nations who may want to replace the G-36. I'd just take an AR version and use cheap Pmags.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 9:23:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Anyone heard when the 922r/stock kits are due in for the Bren?  I have a Form 1,  6 to 8 weeks out.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Anyone heard when the 922r/stock kits are due in for the Bren?  I have a Form 1,  6 to 8 weeks out.
View Quote

I have a factory stock adapter and telescopic stock (with cheek riser) I might be willing to sell.  Waiting on the KDG ACR stock and adapter to arrive to see which set-up I prefer.  

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 8:36:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Waiting on the KDG ACR stock and adapter to arrive to see which set-up I prefer.  
View Quote

Please post pics after you mount it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:32:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Shot mine again yesterday. Love it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 1:46:22 AM EDT
[#31]
So I'm looking at the bren I own several ARs each as a role, 22 trainer,  light weight HD,  SPR/hunting.  Where would a bren fall into place? Does it offer anything more than a standard AR?  Or is it one of those it's not an AR let's buy something different because America?  Which I'm all for
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 9:36:11 AM EDT
[#32]
I too have that exact same sort of setup - every ar I could imagine needing.   I moved over to the bren as my hd gun as I frankly like it more than my mk18.  

I want that extra billionth of a percent of reliability of the dedicated design piston gun when things are so close up I either get a bang when i pull the trigger or a nice coffin.  

Having taken apart the bren all the way I am borderline shocked at the quality machining.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 4:17:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Took it out again today, load testing, and two more people shot it. They both liked the trigger and the function of the rifle, with the single comment of, "That's heavy."
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 1:21:59 AM EDT
[#34]
The stock is the only part of this rifle that I'm not crazy about.. It feels cheap and not solid at all.  Is the ACR stock that much better?

I found a link to this.  Experiences good or bad?  http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/cz-805-bren-adapter-for-magpul-acr-stock-p-3993.html
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 1:25:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Wow, has it already come down so much? 1400 is still a mighty price tag, though much more palatable than 2000.
View Quote

I'd be a buyer at $1400.  $2000, not so much.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 4:00:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, has it already come down so much? 1400 is still a mighty price tag, though much more palatable than 2000.

I paid $1390 for mine 7 months ago.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 7:15:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best to wait a short while, now. Trump's won, and prices should go down pretty soon.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 12:53:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even for the Gen 1 pistol that's a good price.

I'm hoping for a quick price drop because of the election. Here in WA we've got a gun and magazine ban coming in our legislative session, so I'd like to get a Bren before that's passed, but the best price I've seen on a carbine was just under $1800 or so.

At $1400 I'd be pretty excited.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 1:32:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Best to wait a short while, now. Trump's won, and prices should go down pretty soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From your lips to God's ears...
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 5:08:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm hoping for a quick price drop because of the election. Here in WA we've got a gun and magazine ban coming in our legislative session, so I'd like to get a Bren before that's passed, but the best price I've seen on a carbine was just under $1800 or so.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine is a Gen 1 pistol, I bought it because my suppressor had a 14x1 mount available.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#41]
LGS here advertised 805 PS1s on instagram for $1299.

I'm curious, what finishes are actually available? So far I've seen black and FDE, but none of the two tone tungsten/black that I've seen in promo photos.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm curious, what finishes are actually available? So far I've seen black and FDE, but none of the two tone tungsten/black that I've seen in promo photos.
View Quote

Black and FDE are the only colors available, if you want the Tungsten you would have to Cerakote/Duracoat it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 12:41:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Black and FDE are the only colors available, if you want the Tungsten you would have to Cerakote/Duracoat it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To get the tungsten/black one, you could also join the Czech military as that's the only place I've seen that one pictured.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 1:03:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Gotcha.

Think I will be jumping on one of these, been wanting to try something non-AR.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 3:25:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Accidentally entered a contest on Sierra Bullets Facebook page, won a Creedmore Sports AR rifle case. Nifty!

Link Posted: 11/12/2016 9:36:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Love this thing, but I really need an ACR stock I think.  Is the OEM unit worth anything, maybe to someone SBRing a pistol?  

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 1:37:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Nice table.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 6:42:50 PM EDT
[#48]
If anyone is interested in the "original" non-telesoping stock, CZ USA now has them listed
in the store for $130.

Wish I waited, I paid $200 for one from Czech Republic , cool to see that they are available though.

Link to CZ Store

Link Posted: 11/15/2016 12:20:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Waiting on the KDG ACR stock and adapter to arrive to see which set-up I prefer.  

The KDG stock is a bit stiff, but it also seems to be of exceptional quality.  Ergonomically I like more than the OEM telescopic stock.  

Link Posted: 11/15/2016 10:00:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The KDG stock is a bit stiff, but it also seems to be of exceptional quality.  Ergonomically I like more than the OEM telescopic stock.  

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/921/XTUbzU.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/921/XTUbzU.jpg

Is that the Mississippi ACR adapter?
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top