Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2016 10:07:10 AM EDT
Anyway, here are pix of my new one.  

Link Posted: 12/25/2015 5:03:22 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a piston based AR inspired system, so this sub-forum would be appropriate.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 9:11:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Those things are funky looking. I haven't held one yet, just the 22lr knockoffs.

How's it shoot?
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 3:44:24 PM EDT
[#3]
The 22 sucks.  It is not really the same rifle.

This shoots real well.  Just did the battlesight zero.  Trigger is heavy, but I knew that.  I can deal with that.  Accurate as any other AR using 193 ammo.

Just broke it down for cleaning.  Very fast to break down and it stays clean.  Only had to clean the bbl.  I use Boresnake, so that takes 5 seconds.

Used standard AR chamber brush and mop.

If a better trigger comes around, I will install.

I would never pay MSRP.  I paid $1150.00 for this one.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 5:34:02 PM EDT
[#4]
hah sweet,I added a modified charging handle to mine, longer than stock, but i love it, fits in a backpack w ease.w a vortex SF3 i like the versatility of it. def a keeper
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 7:38:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I just found out that Bill Springfield can do a trigger job for $79.00.  Claims to get the trigger to 6 lbs or a bit less and no creep.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 7:44:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Very sweet looking.  Wish we could get them in banned states.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:20:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Just sent the trigger group off to Bill Springfield for trigger job.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 2:23:10 AM EDT
[#8]
There's also a thread in the armory under general firearms discussions that's been going for awhile
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_2/368665_OMG____IT_LIVES____News__information_and_reviews_on_the_Beretta_ARX_100___.html
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 10:43:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Latest ARX photos.   Added the sling and the Magpul BUIS

Had trigger job by Bill Springfield.  Think it did improve the trigger.  I just ordered a Lyman digital trigger guage to measure my pull weights.  So I can call BS on all the light pull claims.  LOL
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 6:42:54 AM EDT
[#10]
A note on Bill Springfield trigger work.

It sucks and was a ripoff.

He advertised 6 lb trigger.

Mine came back 9 lbs.

Not sure if he did anything to it at all as I did not have a trigger pull gauge before I got it back.

FYI
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:05:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Mine came back 9 lbs.

Not sure if he did anything to it at all as I did not have a trigger pull gauge before I got it back.

FYI
View Quote

Well hopefully your trigger will function ok.  Had I seen this before you sent it off I would have warned you.  I sent a trigger to him several years ago.  It was never quite right after that.  and Congratulations on the ARX!!
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 2:37:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Mine came back 9 lbs.

FYI
View Quote

IIRC whenever I see his work mentioned in HK threads they conclude that he is a hack and not to spend a dime on his work.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:15:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

IIRC whenever I see his work mentioned in HK threads they conclude that he is a hack and not to spend a dime on his work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine came back 9 lbs.

FYI

10 years ago he was good, I had a PTR trigger worked over by him in that era that came back great. Something in the last several years has triggered a decline though.

I'm waiting for the Shooting Sight trigger myself, that should be pretty solid.  The ARX is a nice rifle aside from the trigger, handles well and seems to run pretty good. Truthfully, it's a decent enough combat trigger common to European designs, they tend to run heavier than our fancy tuned AR triggers. It's a hell of a rifle for $1150. Not sure I would have paid the $1700 they are priced at now though.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:52:13 PM EDT
[#14]
You used a regular MBUS for the front, but a PRO for the rear?
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 1:57:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's a piston based AR inspired system, so this sub-forum would be appropriate.
View Quote

I don't know about the AR inspired thing, besides that grip*.

The gas system is moving cylinder stationary piston with a adjustable gas regulator, tool less barrel removal, the bolt is a Stoner type multilug but it has two extractors with an essentially fixed ejector, the recoil spring is above the BCG, the bolt rotation is controlled by a vertically moving pin that cams off the top of the receiver, the CH is fixed to the bolt carrier and reciprocates with it, the trigger group is complete different, and the receiver is almost all plastic with some steel and very few aluminum parts.

But besides those things it's pretty AR like.

AJ

*Beretta would lift the A2 grip of all things.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:18:08 PM EDT
[#16]
What sling is that, OP?

I really like my ARX. At first, I was very unimpressed with the "feel", which I could only describe as unusual, the heavy trigger and the "Stevie Wonder" sights. I added the 6:00 rail with a Magpul Hand Stop and replaced the factory sights with Magpul MBUS Pro's. Now, the more I shoot this gun, the more I like it. The trigger pull is heavy, but it's just fine for a defensive carbine. That said, the trigger itself is wide and I'm able to pull it pretty fast . I like the adjustable comb on the ACR and SCAR, but the ARX's stock is much "tighter". I had a little trouble finding the proper mount/height for my Aimpoint. A true cowitness mount was too high, so I went with a low Aimpoint QRP mount, which gives me an upper 1/3 cowitness. I don't spend a ton of time worrying about cowitness, but the upper 1/3 is kind of quirky. The ARX is very light and it feels very much like a SCAR to me. There is a noticeable forward "jump" or "jolt" when the weapon goes back into battery and the action itself is very perceptible. My biggest gripe is the A2 pistol grip and I would very much like to have the "shelf" removed.

They can be had in the $1200-$1300 range, which is a great value. SBR kits are available, and those too are affordable. Supposedly caliber conversions are forthcoming, but as an ACR owner, I'll believe that when I physically see one. That said, I have a high level of confidence in at least a 7.62x39 conversion due to the existence of ARX-160's in that caliber.

While not my favorite "non-AR", the ARX-100 is a great gun and I don't regret spending $1200ish on it. Now if only I could find a sling I like...
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:54:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

10 years ago he was good, I had a PTR trigger worked over by him in that era that came back great. Something in the last several years has triggered a decline though.

I'm waiting for the Shooting Sight trigger myself, that should be pretty solid.  The ARX is a nice rifle aside from the trigger, handles well and seems to run pretty good. Truthfully, it's a decent enough combat trigger common to European designs, they tend to run heavier than our fancy tuned AR triggers. It's a hell of a rifle for $1150. Not sure I would have paid the $1700 they are priced at now though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine came back 9 lbs.

FYI

This.
You're right and there's no point in taking the discussion further.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top