Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2016 9:55:30 PM EDT
Picked up a couple examples. Nice looking guns. The 762 was a patrol version. Stock felt cheap, which I've read. The 556 versions were the laminate stock versions with fluted barrels. They were nice, one of those in 762 would be handy. Build looked to be a cross between a Savage and a Remington. Barrel assembly and trigger looked like savage, safety is positioned like a Remington. Overall I liked.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:30:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I got the Predator model I like it a lot, it's been a good rifle, my only complaint is the bolt is a bit sloppy.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 12:07:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I did just about the same thing.  Picked up a mvp patrol in 223 and 308 and a pred. with laminate stock and scope in 223.
Think I want to get the pred. in 308 now.  
Love that they use standard mags as I have plenty of each laying around.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 9:16:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Love my MVP 308 Predator. Mag fed, 18" free floating barrel, and sub-moa accurate for ~$500. What's not to like. I just have to get mine threaded.

4rds Hornady TAP 100yrds
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 11:19:35 AM EDT
[#4]
wish they made it left handed
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a 556 that I like and I just traded for a 762.  Haven't shot it yet.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:33:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I had a 5.56 with the laminate stock for a couple months.  Sloppy bolt, but it did very well with AE XM193 at 100 yards.  I'd like to say we did nickle sized groups.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 1:03:41 AM EDT
[#7]
How's the trigger?  Any aftermarket options?

I really like the .308 carbine as a concept.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:28:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How's the trigger?  Any aftermarket options?

I really like the .308 carbine as a concept.
View Quote

Good enough that I don't feel the need to tweak it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:19:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I had a 5.56 with the laminate stock for a couple months.  Sloppy bolt, but it did very well with AE XM193 at 100 yards.  I'd like to say we did nickle sized groups.
View Quote

The bolt slop was definitely my biggest complaint about my 5.56 Varmint. It would shoot nice 1MOA groups, but I just couldn't work the action as fast I wanted to due to the slop. Nice rifle, though... if they come out with a MVP Scout in 5.56, or the long-rumored AK mag version, I'll be buying another.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 4:28:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Orginally Posted By freqlord98:
View Quote

If one can find a low mileage used one buy it.   Mine was $395 new when first offered, couldn't pass it up for that.

My 18" varmint (cut down to 18" threaded & recrowned) really likes the hornady 55gr SPSX's over 23.4gr accurate 2230 is very impressive. On  a good day quarter to nickel size groups. On a bad day, i can still hit the inner rings.  

I purchased the predator when they were first offered, mostly for the use of AR mags. Having different platforms that utilize the same mag, eliminates the need for more $$ spent. Swapped it to another shooter for his varmint, the stock is better ergonomically for me.

If one can find a low mileage used one buy it.   Mine was $395 new when first offered, couldn't pass it up for that.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:56:48 AM EDT
[#11]
I got a thunder ranch 5.56. It didn't like the mag that came with it or any metal mags, so Pmags only- they make a 10 rounder now. I run it suppressed. With good ammo (75 gr hornady or 77 mk 262) its not quite 1 MOA w/ the can. I'm happy, got a deer with it this year.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:37:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I took my MVP .308 out to sight it in last weekend.   It was kind of a hurried affair, with me attaching the scope for the first time once I got to the range.   (3x9 Nikon).  I put about 30 rounds through it, maybe 10 reloads and 20 Portugese surplus FMJs.   I hadn't planned for this trip, I was short on time, and my sighting target was a 3x5 index card at 100 yards, but once I got it dialed it, I could hit it from the bench with every shot, using a bipod.  

The gun had no complaints about any of the ammo and the operation of bolt and magazine were uneventful.   The trigger had a slight bit of creep in it, though it's still light enough that it shouldn't be a problem, and will probably smooth out as it all wears in.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:01:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a 204 ruger version and its been fantastic, somewhere buried in the archives is a pretty long post/review with load workups and such that i did.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top