Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2016 8:31:47 PM EDT
My Buddy has the Sendero and is going to get rid of it and it had a Pentex scope and a muzzle brake.

I can buy it outright or he wants to trade me for my Remington 7600 in 7mm-08 which is kinda rare.

So my big question is the 300 win mag worth owning knowing that the ammo is so expensive. I live in Florida but i do hunt in Georgia where the distance in some areas is at 500 yards plus.

I also wouldn't mind getting into distance shooting and I have been thinking of getting a 308 for this purpose but this deal was laid in my lap today.

What say the AR15 family.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:20:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this an older Sendero from before Remington's acquisition by Freedom Group?

It should have a realllly nice HS precision stock.  I had one in .300 Mag and it was incredibly accurate.  It also loved to leave cartridges stuck in the chamber.  That was fixed by having a Sako type extractor added, dummying the original ejector and adding a new ejector to recreate the correct ejection geometry.

Rocked the house after that...but it was a long, careful process of getting it squared away.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 10:38:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had one for many years.
Nice piece of kit.
As said, very accurate. Mine has no issues, just sweetness
I like the round as well.
YMMV
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 4:42:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Sendero in 300 WM too with the removable muzzle brake but I can't figure out what pitch the threads are. My .30 cal suppressor with 5/8x24 threads will only go on about 1 turn.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 2:19:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My Buddy has the Sendero and is going to get rid of it and it had a Pentex scope and a muzzle brake.

I can buy it outright or he wants to trade me for my Remington 7600 in 7mm-08 which is kinda rare.

So my big question is the 300 win mag worth owning knowing that the ammo is so expensive. I live in Florida but i do hunt in Georgia where the distance in some areas is at 500 yards plus.

I also wouldn't mind getting into distance shooting and I have been thinking of getting a 308 for this purpose but this deal was laid in my lap today.

What say the AR15 family.
View Quote

I say you should sell that 7600 back to the guy who sold it to you...
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:25:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Decided to keep the 7600. Too nice of a gun. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:10:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I like mine...

I have been running SMK 190gr out of it from almost day one... Someday I may get around to loading up custom rounds for it..

Until then, this works for me.. Drops deer dead it does...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top