Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2015 3:42:49 PM EDT
How long did Remington offer the rolling block rifles recently?
Anyone know how many were made?
I had one.  Probably the worst production rifle I ever saw so I'm not surprised that they were discontinued.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 6:15:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
How long did Remington offer the rolling block rifles recently?
Anyone know how many were made?
I had one.  Probably the worst production rifle I ever saw so I'm not surprised that they were discontinued.
View Quote

Are you referring to the run of ?custom shop? remakes from the late 90's or 2000's. As I remember they were very short-lived. I do not recall ever actually seeing one in real life. Maybe your experience was the norm and add in not enough demand...........and what with an MSRP of $3000+ in 2007.......I think this has been answered. As to the total number made, maybe RemMaringlin can tell you.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 9:21:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes mine was from the custom shop.  It was horrible.  The barrel was only held in place by the extractor.  The forearm had been pounded into place rather than fitted.  Remington could have cared less so I spent a lot of money having an excellent local gunsmith work on it but as soon as he got one problem fixed another showed up.  Finally Remington agreed to look at it.  After an eternity they sent me a replacement BUT they used the box I sent the gun back in and they had not saved the packing material.  So it was just loose in a cardboard box and by the time I got it it was, literally, broken.  That was the last Remington rifle I bought.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 11:01:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes mine was from the custom shop.  It was horrible.  The barrel was only held in place by the extractor.  The forearm had been pounded into place rather than fitted.  Remington could have cared less so I spent a lot of money having an excellent local gunsmith work on it but as soon as he got one problem fixed another showed up.  Finally Remington agreed to look at it.  After an eternity they sent me a replacement BUT they used the box I sent the gun back in and they had not saved the packing material.  So it was just loose in a cardboard box and by the time I got it it was, literally, broken.  That was the last Remington rifle I bought.
View Quote

God DAMN, Remington sure has embraced the suck!!!

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 4:34:13 PM EDT
[#4]
So sad.  I thought that their Custom Shop was still their last bastion of quality.  I got a Custom Shop 700 from them before the Freedom Group sale and it was and is fabulous.  Blueprinted and trued action, custom fitted and tuned trigger, special run custom length and profile air gauged barrel, McMillan stock (yeah, you could specify that),    

I really hate to hear this.  They had some real artisans in that part of the factory that actually cared about the rifles and had real pride in workmanship.  I guess they put them out to pasture when they sold their soul to Freedom Group.  Now, I have absolutely no reason to buy anything from them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top