Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2015 1:54:17 PM EDT
I don't know why, but I am kinda wanting one.........I have an SGW carbine, but I want one to shoot............anyone have one?
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 5:50:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 7:14:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a chance to shoot one not long ago.........I like the compactness of the rifle. What about the stock wasn't stable on the one you shot?

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I highly recommend actually trying out an M1A1 with folding stock and firing it before buying one.  The stocks look cool, but aren't very stable, at least in my experience.

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 9:05:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought the M1A1 from James River Armory and I would give that same suggestion.  The wire stock doesn't lock open in a solid way so you get some wiggle.  After a few trips to the range I put a fixed stock from the CMP on it and never looked back.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:41:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:43:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies.............I might check them out a few more times before I decide. I cant stand a wiggling stock
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 5:59:45 PM EDT
[#6]
+1 for the wiggling stock. Looks cool, but I can't even get all my fingers around it. Solid stock shoots and points much better for me.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 9:00:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
+1 for the wiggling stock. Looks cool, but I can't even get all my fingers around it. Solid stock shoots and points much better for me.
View Quote

I've got a paratrooper stock and I'll echo the issues with the stock wiggling a bit and not being as easy to shoot as a fixed stock carbine.   Looks cool, but better options out there.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 9:57:04 PM EDT
[#8]
The CMP carries carbine stocks????
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:15:28 PM EDT
[#9]
They used to....I am not sure if they still do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top