Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2015 7:46:06 PM EDT
I bought this 10-15 years ago as a project and other than shoot it a few times, I've done nothing with it and now it's time to cut back on some of my projects.  I'm not an expert on these rifles, but to me the metal all looks stock.  It hasn't been cut or drilled and tapped for a scope mount.  It's a great shooter and the bore is bright and the rifling sharp.  I know someone who's interested, but I'm not sure what to ask.

Sorry it's so dusty, I wiped it down and thought it was good, but the camera really makes it look bad.

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 7:57:46 PM EDT
[#1]
About tree fiddy

Seriously right around $350.
Someone could put it back in the correct stock and hardware and keep the whole project under $600
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 9:04:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I bet you could get $500 easy since it's in great shape. Stocks are readily available.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 4:44:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I would think 5 bills wouldn't be unfair.  It looks like a nice job of it and yeah, one could put it back to USGI spec if he wanted.  So win win.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 5:33:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Another vote for $500ish. No one messed with the metal or drilled holes in the receiver. Finding period correct wood isn't an issue.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 7:45:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys, it looks like my buyer isn't interested enough to drive 75 miles to meet me halfway, so I'm going to advertise it on a local gun board and if it's not sold by the weekend I'll see if anyone at the gun show wants it.  If not, I'll put it back in the safe until I find an original stock.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 10:58:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks guys, it looks like my buyer isn't interested enough to drive 75 miles to meet me halfway, so I'm going to advertise it on a local gun board and if it's not sold by the weekend I'll see if anyone at the gun show wants it.  If not, I'll put it back in the safe until I find an original stock.
View Quote

WE do have an EE here. Just saying. PLUS there's no fee to enter.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 11:46:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Almost no sporterized military rifle is worth more than $250 and none will ever be worth more than that.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 3:27:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Almost no sporterized military rifle is worth more than $250 and none will ever be worth more than that.
View Quote

If it was drilled and tapped or the metal otherwise molested: $250

In this case, it is worth about $650 - the cost of the correct stock and hardware, so about $450-500.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top