Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2015 11:52:26 AM EDT
reliably that is.  

rounds pop out of the mag and "stove" above the bolt when chambering.

it is an older savage 116 without accu stock or detachable/button magazine.

3 round blind? mag.  when loaded fully,  the first two rounds pop out and mis feed.  only the last round will feed.

so at this point I'll be hunting with one round in chamber and one in the mag.  and will load single shot after first two shots if necessary for my hunt.

I've read about stretching or weakening the follower spring.... and also closing the feed lips a little.

anyone dealt with magnum cartridges popping out of feed lips?  (I've watched the feed closely and it looks like the round will pop out of feed lips after about an inch of movement)

thanks for any help
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:47:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an old 110 '06 doing the same thing. I don't remember it doing it when I bought it used. I bubba'ed the feed lips and think it will work now but I was wondering if a new spring would help too..
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:00:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Feed lips on the mag may be spreading out a bit.  Easiest way is to bite the bullet and spend a ton of cash on a new mag and try it...  I know, it hurts!
Or... Send your rifle to CDI and get their bottom metal and use AI 300WM mags!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top