Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2015 11:35:41 AM EDT
Hello all,  I'm at a crossroad and looking for insight. years back I did the whole cartridge consolidation thing and axed 5.56 out of the battery in favor of 300 blackout. I pretty much load all my own ammo so thats not my worry. i'd like to keep both 300 and 5.56 but I have young kids and the whole 300 in a 5.56 go boom thing is not even something i'm willing to risk. so now i'm at the point do I stick with 300 blackout as it has more energy, works better in sbr's(a near future plan) can be used as a small game cartridge to bring the kids up on, and I can shoot cast pc'd bullets for next to nothing for fun plinking and teaching the fundamentals to the kids on(less muzzle blast as well) or do I go with 5.56 for it's better long range balistics and slightly cheaper cost to reaload full power ammo. I wouldn't mind having a recce rig that could be used out to 600 for fun. do have a .308 bolt for the long stuff so not a necessity.

what say you?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:39:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Do both. Make it obvious which gun is which (ex. one caliber FDE with FDE mags, one black with black mags) or something similar. There are plenty of ways to make it obvious which caliber is which. If the kids are old enough to be loading mags and shooting, they should be old enough to understand the difference.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:16:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Can a .300 fit in a 556 chamber?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:57:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can a .300 fit in a 556 chamber?
View Quote

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/01/13/psa-always-known-caliber-300-blk-5-56-kaboom/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top