Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2015 10:14:30 PM EDT
I have a C93 (HK93 clone) that runs great with steel and brass cased ammo. Any reason not to run a lot of steel cased ammo with the American made barrel of unknown origin ? Unlike an AR15 , a HK clone does not lend itself to easy barrel changes or cheap and easy to find parts, if something wears out. Plus, AR15's have known quality chrome lined barrels.  Any thoughts ?  -Thanks
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Works superbly.

Mine loves 62gr silver bear SP.

And brown bear.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:38:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Stop worrying - shoot the shit out of it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:54:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Stop worrying - shoot the shit out of it.
View Quote
+1.

I shoot all the steel ammo I can get my hands on through my HK replica (PTR-32)
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:57:49 AM EDT
[#4]
+30 rds at a time

I shoot my C93 Pistol / HK53 clone with a registered pack and steel-cased rounds and it's a blast. No problems detected nor expected.

Throat erosion is what kills barrels, but it takes a long time. It just happens slightly sooner to weaker-alloy barrels (or SS, even good SS). Enjoy it while it lasts.

Edit to add HK parts are easy to find, although yes a bit more than AR parts. I use robertrtg.com for most parts. A barrel swap by a reputable smith may be $300-500, but that's only once every 10-20 years, if you shoot OFTEN. So not much extra cost, especially if you were lucky and scored a well-made C93. Some had to have the barrel pressed in deeper when brand new.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:19:12 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a CAI fun gun. Does it even really matter much if you shoot the barrel out with that junk ammo? The headspace will probably be out of spec and dangerous by that time anyway.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:45:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I run steel case through my C93, Vector 93 and factory HK 53 post sample all run great with no issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top